X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post
    Hi, looking for advice about these 2 rejects:
    1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8689778

I did not use any vignetting tools, this shadow on the right is caused by the fence i was shooting against. I asked for advice regarding this picture early in this thread (#29, 30, 31) and thought it was okay.
    Doesn't matter if it's caused by a fence/lens/your editing, if it's visible, it's a problem. Best thing for this image would then be to choose a different frame.

Don't see any halos on this one.

Comment

Hi again, wondering if this picture is acceptable? Thanks!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00479-2.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1110114

Comment

Hi again, wondering if this picture is acceptable? Thanks!
        Likely a contrast rejection

Comment

Hi, I have a question regarding cropping in 16:9 format.

Is this a reasonable crop?
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02969-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	1111060

Until now I have always put the fuselage in the middle of the frame, but under 16:9 ratio most of the time the tail would get cut off. Is it okay if I lower the plane body? In this case, I am using the top of the tail and bottom of the tires as anchor points.

Also, can you screen this shot?

Many thanks!

Comment

Hi, I have a question regarding cropping in 16:9 format.

Is this a reasonable crop?
            Click image for larger version Name:	DSC02969-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	1111060

Until now I have always put the fuselage in the middle of the frame, but under 16:9 ratio most of the time the tail would get cut off. Is it okay if I lower the plane body? In this case, I am using the top of the tail and bottom of the tires as anchor points.

Also, can you screen this shot?

Many thanks!
            I'd place it higher in the frame. Might need a little CCW rotation too.

Comment

Hi, I want to ask advice on this picture. White on white seems to be a bad combo...

Name:	DSC04521.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1112158

Comment

Hi, I want to ask advice on this picture. White on white seems to be a bad combo...

Name:	DSC04521.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1112158
                Soft, contrast, and poor crop.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Soft, contrast, and poor crop.

Thanks, Dana.

I'm assuming this means that the pic can be still be saved

What about this crop/edit?

Name:	DSC04521-2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1112191

Comment

Thanks, Dana.

I'm assuming this means that the pic can be still be saved

What about this crop/edit?

Name:	DSC04521-2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1112191
                    Still the same contrast problem and to me the framing looks awkward, I would reject it for cut off

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post

Still the same contrast problem and to me the framing looks awkward, I would reject it for cut off
                      Noted, but can you show me how I should crop it? (I would prefer tighter crops) I usually just put the body in the middle. I included the full pic.

Name:	DSC04521-3.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	1112238

Thanks!

Comment

Noted, but can you show me how I should crop it? (I would prefer tighter crops)

Name:	image_39242.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	1112246

??

Comment

Hi! Can I get a pre-screen on these 3? I'm mainly worried if they would be considered back-lit.

Thanks!

Name:	DSC06623.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1113243

Name:	DSC06833.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	606.8 KB
ID:	1113241

Name:	DSC06877.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	662.5 KB
ID:	1113242

Comment

Hi! Can I get a pre-screen on these 3? I'm mainly worried if they would be considered back-lit.
                            1. not quite backlit, but too dark, and some editing halos visible.
                            2. backlit, but enough light on nose/underside to be maybe ok. Vignetting also noticeable.
                            3. same as 2 for the light; also poor edit as there is a light/circular band in the sky

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. not quite backlit, but too dark, and some editing halos visible.
                              2. backlit, but enough light on nose/underside to be maybe ok. Vignetting also noticeable.
                              3. same as 2 for the light; also poor edit as there is a light/circular band in the sky
                              Thanks!

I have another question, I just realized that I have ~15 pics in my queue with the wrong date since I forgot to export with EXIF data. (photos were taken 3/20/21 but tagged as 3/6/21)

I don't want to lose the queue spot so I added the correction in the "notes" section. I don't mind if they are marked as an earlier date, I just don't want to get rejected if the screener finds out that the dates were wrong. Should I delete them or is this fine?

If it helps, here is one of the links (please discard if its against the rules to ask for queued pics):

1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9019134

Comment

Thanks!

I have another question, I just realized that I have ~15 pics in my queue with the wrong date since I forgot to export with EXIF data. (photos were taken 3/20/21 but tagged as 3/6/21)

I don't want to lose the queue spot so I added the correction in the "notes" section. I don't mind if they are marked as an earlier date, I just don't want to get rejected if the screener finds out that the dates were wrong. Should I delete them or is this fine?

If it helps, here is one of the links (please discard if its against the rules to ask for queued pics):

1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9019134
                                They would be rejected, so I would suggest deleting and uploading again.

Comment

Working...
                                X