Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chengcheng2
    replied
    Thanks again, I wish I have eyes like that.

I want to ask advice on this pic, it was shot thru a fence, I think the crop eliminates the fence completely but would like a second opinion. (fence is on the right edge of the pic)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01214-2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1094709

Also, I have a quick question: I just requested to upload in 1920px wide and got approved with an email saying "Please feel free to upload in sizes up to 1600px wide!"

But on the "Add Photo" page it says I can upload images up to 1920px wide. Can I actually submit 1920px wide photos or should I stick with 1600?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post

Thank you Dana, is it possible to point out where the dust spots are? I tried equalizing the pictures but still cant find them.
    I didn't check them all, but there's at least one below the tail of the UA.

Leave a comment:

• chengcheng2
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Other than dust spots, don't see any major issues. Yes Night Shot on the first.
    Thank you Dana, is it possible to point out where the dust spots are? I tried equalizing the pictures but still cant find them.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi! I'm back with more pictures for pre-screen.

I'm at 9 photos accepted so I'm preparing for larger sizes (exciting times!). All of the following are 1920 pixels wide, I want to know if they are acceptable, thanks!!
    Other than dust spots, don't see any major issues. Yes Night Shot on the first.

Leave a comment:

• chengcheng2
    replied
    Hi! I'm back with more pictures for pre-screen.

I'm at 9 photos accepted so I'm preparing for larger sizes (exciting times!). All of the following are 1920 pixels wide, I want to know if they are acceptable, thanks!!

1. should this be submitted as a night shot?

Name:	DSC07952.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1094524

Name:	DSC01390.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1094525

Name:	DSC02261-3.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1094526

Name:	DSC01331.jpg
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1094527

Name:	DSC01264-2.jpg
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	1094528

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I'm back with new photos taken on a sunny day, personally I think the lighting should not be an issue in these photos!

3 & 4 are on the same plane, I'm afraid the heat haze is problematic on #4. If #4 is okay I will upload that one since I prefer the view.

For #5 it is the rejected photo from last time. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8228421

I added maximum contrast to it but personally I do not see much of a difference. (I know that I can add more if I wanted to) Should I just give up on this one? (or is it possible for an appeal?)
    1, 2, 5 - ok for me
    3, 4 - similar

Leave a comment:

• chengcheng2
    replied
    Also, on another note. Is it possible for us to simulate the "check for dust" filter locally? That view is super helpful.

Leave a comment:

• chengcheng2
    replied
    Hi,

I'm back with new photos taken on a sunny day, personally I think the lighting should not be an issue in these photos!

3 & 4 are on the same plane, I'm afraid the heat haze is problematic on #4. If #4 is okay I will upload that one since I prefer the view.

For #5 it is the rejected photo from last time. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8228421

I added maximum contrast to it but personally I do not see much of a difference. (I know that I can add more if I wanted to) Should I just give up on this one? (or is it possible for an appeal?)

Thank you for your time in advance!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06612-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	449.3 KB ID:	1093889

Name:	DSC07036-2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	1093893
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01863.jpg Views:	0 Size:	492.1 KB ID:	1093890
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01881.jpg Views:	0 Size:	634.5 KB ID:	1093891
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06518-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	675.4 KB ID:	1093892

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, may I ask for advice on this reject?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I'm thinking the reason is too little contrast? Just want to be sure, thank you!
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• chengcheng2
    replied
    Hi, may I ask for advice on this reject?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I'm thinking the reason is too little contrast? Just want to be sure, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• chengcheng2
    replied
    Originally posted by eurowing View Post
    interesting location. at which airport did you shoot these?
    Hi theses are taken at KORD!

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied
    interesting location. at which airport did you shoot these?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback! Not sure if you can tell but actually all 5 are taken in the same location at the same time, the only difference is 1,3,5 are taken with the reflection of grass on the body while 2,4 are on the runway. I'm not sure if I can save them without destroying the contrast. This is a possible fix, would it acceptable?

Name:	DSC08253-2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	1093258
    Contrast is a bit weak, and light editing halos are visible.

Leave a comment:

• chengcheng2
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback! Not sure if you can tell but actually all 5 are taken in the same location at the same time, the only difference is 1,3,5 are taken with the reflection of grass on the body while 2,4 are on the runway. I'm not sure if I can save them without destroying the contrast. This is a possible fix, would it acceptable?

Name:	DSC08253-2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	1093258

Leave a comment:

• pdeboer
    replied
    Hey Dana, thanks for the quick response!

Really appreciate it! (I'd definitely avoid shooting in cloudy days in the future )

How about these 5?

(Also I'm not sure if I'm spamming too much, but as I said I reaaaally want to get the full 20 slots, still having emotional whiplash from the rejections ​​​​​​​)
    Thanks again

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC08253.jpg Views:	0 Size:	347.5 KB ID:	1093220
    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC08044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	479.1 KB ID:	1093221
    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC08289.jpg Views:	0 Size:	345.4 KB ID:	1093222
    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC08098.jpg Views:	0 Size:	458.4 KB ID:	1093223
    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC08195.jpg Views:	0 Size:	369.8 KB ID:	1093224
    # 2 and 4 seem acceptable
    # 1 and 3 are borderline, contrast is not optimal, parts are too dark and parts are too bright, you might be able to improve
    #5 has a contrast problem that seems unfixable

Leave a comment:

Working...
X