Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eurowing
    replied
    ouch, okay. i underdid it with the other pictures, so I was trying to avoid that. i guess i went too far.
    • centering: should the plane be more to the left then? or more to the right with more open space on the left? sorry if that is an obvious question...
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by eurowing View Post
    I hope that I might be doing a little better on this one, if I may ask for another moment for a review? Thanks!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9257-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	495.7 KB ID:	1092801
    Would be rejected for centering, overprocessed, overexposed, and oversharpened.

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied
    I hope that I might be doing a little better on this one, if I may ask for another moment for a review? Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9257-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	495.7 KB ID:	1092801

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

and now?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1705-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	826.3 KB ID:	1092793
    Sharpness ok for me, but noticeably noisy now. Not going to comment on this one any more.

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Still borderline for soft.
    and now?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1705-4.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	826.3 KB
ID:	1092793

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

I don't want to overdo it. Is that better or still soft?

Name:	IMG_1705-3.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	765.9 KB
ID:	1092789
    Still borderline for soft.

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied

Not too dark. Bit soft towards the right side.
    I don't want to overdo it. Is that better or still soft?

Views:	103
ID:	1092789

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied

Not sure, since I don't use LR myself, but that kind of color shift when going from one workspace to another is a textbook example of the color profile assigned to the image not matching with the color space being used to display it. LR doesn't allow you to adjust the workspace color profile? In PS, it's under Edit -> Color Settings (next to Assign/Convert to Profile).
    I don't.

But I just played with some other settings and found the cause. It is the "Graphics Acceleration" setting under "Use GPU for Display" and when I turn it on I also get those strong colors in Lightroom. I just looked at the same imagine on another PC and the colors are fine. I guess I can trust the Lightroom image display then

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Mismatch where, though?
    I have set the export in Lightroom to sRGB per JP upload requirement. Aside from that, looking through the settings in Lightroom, all I can find is a setting for "External Editing" where I can change the color space for "Edit in Photoshop". But that doesn't affect Lightroom, does it? Well I still changed it but it made no difference when I export the image. Is there a setting that I have missed? I really looked...

Sorry, I am a little lost right now. I searched for color space settings in windows and my graphics card (nvidia geforce 780GTX) but came up with nothing.
    Not sure, since I don't use LR myself, but that kind of color shift when going from one workspace to another is a textbook example of the color profile assigned to the image not matching with the color space being used to display it. LR doesn't allow you to adjust the workspace color profile? In PS, it's under Edit -> Color Settings (next to Assign/Convert to Profile).

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied

Color difference are a result of mis-matched color spaces/color profiles. Probably best to have everything set to sRGB to avoid such issues in the future.
    Mismatch where, though?
    I have set the export in Lightroom to sRGB per JP upload requirement. Aside from that, looking through the settings in Lightroom, all I can find is a setting for "External Editing" where I can change the color space for "Edit in Photoshop". But that doesn't affect Lightroom, does it? Well I still changed it but it made no difference when I export the image. Is there a setting that I have missed? I really looked...

Sorry, I am a little lost right now. I searched for color space settings in windows and my graphics card (nvidia geforce 780GTX) but came up with nothing.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Okay. Does that mean I have to increase sharpness/clarity more before exporting?

Another question regarding a similar "issue", here is a screenshot how different colors look after exporting an image from Lightroom and opening it in the browser. Windows "Photos" looks just as bad. Colors are way over done but look fine in Lightroom... and what I notice now is that it looks quite a bit more extreme on my desktop than what you see on this screenshot, or at least what I see in my browser (Edge)? But you can certainly see what I mean. It is almost like bubble gum colors after the export (going from RAW to JPG with big reduction in resolution).

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	1092764
    Color difference are a result of mis-matched color spaces/color profiles. Probably best to have everything set to sRGB to avoid such issues in the future.

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

1) Usually a photo will look sharper after resizing, but Lightroom or Photoshop show the photo sharper than a web browser. Make a few tests, edit the photo and open it in your browser to check it again.
    Okay. Does that mean I have to increase sharpness/clarity more before exporting?

Another question regarding a similar "issue", here is a screenshot how different colors look after exporting an image from Lightroom and opening it in the browser. Windows "Photos" looks just as bad. Colors are way over done but look fine in Lightroom... and what I notice now is that it looks quite a bit more extreme on my desktop than what you see on this screenshot, or at least what I see in my browser (Edge)? But you can certainly see what I mean. It is almost like bubble gum colors after the export (going from RAW to JPG with big reduction in resolution).

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	1092764

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Is this better or still too dark? crop okay? thanks!

Views:	383
ID:	1092699
    Better? Yes. Acceptable? Perhaps.

Not too dark. Bit soft towards the right side.

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied
    Is this better or still too dark? crop okay? thanks!

Views:	383
ID:	1092699

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

sensor dust spot: is that what i see on the left edge of the image, just below the nose? that little dark round spot?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X