Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Rinde - Advice & Pre-screening

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by rindejr View Post
    Pre-screening and general question:

    Potential issues - underexposed, noise, contrast.

    This is post-sunset, blue hour. Is it generally a bad idea to shoot air shots after sunset? Clearly a "night shot", does night shot change some of the guidelines with contrast and such?

    Thanks!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	N831MH.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	395.6 KB
ID:	1096290
    No change to the guidelines; light is quite poor in this image, likely to be rejected for dark/contrast/soft.

    Comment


    • #32
      Pre-screen question/advice:

      1) Bottom edge of fuselage has some reflection from underneath and other side of plane. Checking to make sure that wouldn't be counted as blurry/soft? Any other issues?

      Thanks!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	N379DB.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	906.5 KB
ID:	1096363

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by rindejr View Post
        Pre-screen question/advice:

        1) Bottom edge of fuselage has some reflection from underneath and other side of plane. Checking to make sure that wouldn't be counted as blurry/soft? Any other issues?

        Thanks!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	N379DB.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	906.5 KB
ID:	1096363
        Not blurry, and only minor softness towards nose. Wouldn't be an issue for me.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

          Not blurry, and only minor softness towards nose. Wouldn't be an issue for me.
          Thanks! I appreciate your feedback as always.

          Comment


          • #35
            Pre-screen advice, potential issues listed:

            1) soft, contrast, horizon, anything else?

            Click image for larger version

Name:	90015-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	536.6 KB
ID:	1096848

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by rindejr View Post
              Pre-screen advice, potential issues listed:

              1) soft, contrast, horizon, anything else?

              Click image for larger version

Name:	90015-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	536.6 KB
ID:	1096848
              Sharpening issues related to heat haze likely to be your biggest issue.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                Sharpening issues related to heat haze likely to be your biggest issue.
                Thanks. Scrap it?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by rindejr View Post

                  Thanks. Scrap it?
                  Up to you. If you wanted a totally arbitrary guess, maybe 25% chance of being accepted. Possibly it could be, but not likely.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Prescreen help. Pictures with potential issues listed, and any other advice requested. Thanks!

                    1) vignette, contrast
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	n662us.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	1097091

                    2)contrast due to sky blown-out?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	N666US-C.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	843.8 KB
ID:	1097092

                    3) contrast (hard to get a good contrast histogram with the tarmac filling much of the pic), soft
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	N802AK.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	464.1 KB
ID:	1097093

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by rindejr View Post
                      Prescreen help. Pictures with potential issues listed, and any other advice requested. Thanks!

                      1) vignette, contrast
                      Overprocessed, borderline soft.

                      Originally posted by rindejr View Post
                      2)contrast due to sky blown-out?
                      Yes, contrast. Not fixable.

                      Originally posted by rindejr View Post
                      3) contrast (hard to get a good contrast histogram with the tarmac filling much of the pic), soft
                      Yes, soft/blurry.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X