Steve Rinde - Advice & Pre-screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

If the tail is completely in shadow, it will usually be considered backlit.
    Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Pre-screening advice - I've listed areas of potential concern and would appreciate thoughts or other concerns. Thanks!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

1) soft, contrast, exposure?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

2) contrast, exposure, color? I like the clouds, but wonder if it messes up the contrast with a grey plane - I do have a shot without so many clouds.

3) centering (I've centered wingtip to wingtip and top/bottom fuselage), haze (for sure on the background plane, but not sure if that matters)

Comment

Originally posted by rindejr View Post
        Pre-screening advice - I've listed areas of potential concern and would appreciate thoughts or other concerns. Thanks!

1) soft, contrast, exposure?

2) contrast, exposure, color? I like the clouds, but wonder if it messes up the contrast with a grey plane - I do have a shot without so many clouds.

3) centering (I've centered wingtip to wingtip and top/bottom fuselage), haze (for sure on the background plane, but not sure if that matters)
        Hi,

When you get a chance, please read here carefully, especially #2:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

When you get a chance, please read here carefully, especially #2:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Thanks.
          My apologies.
          Pre-screening advice - I've listed areas of potential concern and would appreciate thoughts or other concerns.

Click image for larger version

Name:	N137BA.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	1095503
          1) soft, contrast, exposure

Name:	84-0060-2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	1095504

Name:	99-0404.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	796.2 KB
ID:	1095505

Comment

My apologies.
            Pre-screening advice - I've listed areas of potential concern and would appreciate thoughts or other concerns.
            1. borderline soft, but ok for me
            2. also ok for me, but others might have issue with the contrast. It's more the military grey than the clouds causing an issue.
            3. ok for me

Comment

1. borderline soft, but ok for me
              2. also ok for me, but others might have issue with the contrast. It's more the military grey than the clouds causing an issue.
              3. ok for me
              Thanks for your help. I'll sharpen up #1 a bit.

Comment

Pre-screening advice and a clarification:

1) will this covering be considered "obstruction"? I've previously had a very similar shot accepted and just wondering if that was a fluke.

Name:	N6296V.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	663.8 KB
ID:	1095543

2) Reading through the "Obstruction/clutter" rejection reason in Upload Guidelines, it made me think of a former picture I had rejected and rejected on appeal.
                "Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot, such as in use de-icing equipment, or if the angle of the shot means only a small part of the aircraft is obstructed, such as ground power units/cargo loading devices."

Similar to the de-icing equipment being a motive to show the de-icing process, my motive on this was to show the loading process with the loading devices. Then I also see cargo loading devices can obstruct a small part of the aircraft. Thoughts? Would it ever be worth uploading a shot showing the loading process on a cargo plane?

If I recall correctly, this was only rejected for "obstruction."

Name:	N181FE.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	1095544

Comment

Pre-screening advice and a clarification:

1) will this covering be considered "obstruction"? I've previously had a very similar shot accepted and just wondering if that was a fluke.

Name:	N6296V.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	663.8 KB
ID:	1095543

2) Reading through the "Obstruction/clutter" rejection reason in Upload Guidelines, it made me think of a former picture I had rejected and rejected on appeal.
                  "Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot, such as in use de-icing equipment, or if the angle of the shot means only a small part of the aircraft is obstructed, such as ground power units/cargo loading devices."

Similar to the de-icing equipment being a motive to show the de-icing process, my motive on this was to show the loading process with the loading devices. Then I also see cargo loading devices can obstruct a small part of the aircraft. Thoughts? Would it ever be worth uploading a shot showing the loading process on a cargo plane?

If I recall correctly, this was only rejected for "obstruction."

Name:	N181FE.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	1095544
                  1. covers are ok
                  2. cargo loading may be ok, as long as not blocking too much, and also better if not blocking gear. Image also quite soft.

Comment

1. covers are ok
                    2. cargo loading may be ok, as long as not blocking too much, and also better if not blocking gear. Image also quite soft.
                    Got it. Thanks again!

Comment

Pre-screening advice with potential issues listed:

1) Soft? Or blurry beyond help?

Name:	N86KZ.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	495.5 KB
ID:	1095964

2) Centering (I centered vertically on the top and bottom fuselage, should it be on the starboard wing?)
                      Also, not sure if you can answer this but I'm assuming this is FR24 compatible? Are you able to weigh in on that?

Any other issues you see?

Name:	n289up.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	890.4 KB
ID:	1095965

Thanks for your time!
                      Steve

Comment

1) Soft? Or blurry beyond help?
                        Yes, blurry/heat hazed. Not fixable.

2) Centering (I centered vertically on the top and bottom fuselage, should it be on the starboard wing?)
                        Also, not sure if you can answer this but I'm assuming this is FR24 compatible? Are you able to weigh in on that?

Any other issues you see?
                        Contrast a bit harsh, but otherwise ok. Ok for FR24.

Comment

This was an overcast day for inaugural Aer Lingus MSP route (which lasted less than a year).
                          1) contrast, horizon (I used edge of grass behind plane), processing, centering (it is low but I wanted to get the water arch).

Click image for larger version  Name:	EI-LBR-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	397.4 KB ID:	1096038

Thanks!

Comment

This was an overcast day for inaugural Aer Lingus MSP route (which lasted less than a year).
                            1) contrast, horizon (I used edge of grass behind plane), processing, centering (it is low but I wanted to get the water arch).

Click image for larger version Name:	EI-LBR-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	397.4 KB ID:	1096038

Thanks!
                            Centering passable, but soft and needs CW rotation.

Comment

Centering passable, but soft and needs CW rotation.
                              Thank you much!!

Comment

Pre-screening and general question:

Potential issues - underexposed, noise, contrast.

This is post-sunset, blue hour. Is it generally a bad idea to shoot air shots after sunset? Clearly a "night shot", does night shot change some of the guidelines with contrast and such?

Thanks!

Name:	N831MH.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	395.6 KB
ID:	1096290

Comment

Working...
                                X