No announcement yet.

Steve Rinde - Advice & Pre-screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-screen advice needed. This photo seems pretty good to me, however, the sky looks problematic (especially under equalize/check for dust). The sky was deep blue but with some very wispy, soft clouds, making it look as if the sensor was dirty or jpeg compression (but I don't think it was either, especially the former). Sorry for the meandering. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Or, maybe the shot just needs to be trashed. haha

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA767.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	1105569

Comment

Originally posted by rindejr View Post
      Pre-screen advice needed. This photo seems pretty good to me, however, the sky looks problematic (especially under equalize/check for dust). The sky was deep blue but with some very wispy, soft clouds, making it look as if the sensor was dirty or jpeg compression (but I don't think it was either, especially the former). Sorry for the meandering. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Or, maybe the shot just needs to be trashed. haha

Name:	AA767.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	1105569
      Image/aircraft is a bit soft.

Comment

Advice needed - potential issues listed (two photos):

1) crop (I wanted to include the Minneapolis skyline and MSP tower)
        2) soft

Name:	N337NB.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	1105626

1) contrast (I believe I just saw on JP a similar-ish sunset photo)
        2) noise

Name:	N577UP-C.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	418.1 KB
ID:	1105627

Thanks again for your time and advice.

Comment

Advice needed - potential issues listed (two photos):

1) crop (I wanted to include the Minneapolis skyline and MSP tower)
          2) soft

Name:	N337NB.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	1105626

1) contrast (I believe I just saw on JP a similar-ish sunset photo)
          2) noise

Name:	N577UP-C.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	418.1 KB
ID:	1105627

Thanks again for your time and advice.
          1. too high in frame, borderline blurry
          2. borderline soft/dark

Comment

Rejected for too much/too little contrast. I'm assuming too little contrast. Can you tell me if it's close or far off from being acceptable? Thanks!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Rejected for too much/too little contrast. I'm assuming too little contrast. Can you tell me if it's close or far off from being acceptable? Thanks!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
              Poor contrast due to lack of direct light/overcast conditions. Likely not fixable.

Comment

Advice needed - potential issues listed:

1) Is the shadow on the fuselage just aft of the flightdeck an issue?
                2) dark

Captured 10 mins before sunset. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Name:	n280up-3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	1106484

Comment

Advice needed - potential issues listed:

1) Is the shadow on the fuselage just aft of the flightdeck an issue?
                  2) dark

Captured 10 mins before sunset. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Name:	n280up-3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	1106484
                  Maybe a bit blurry towards the nose

Comment

Advice needed on two photos- potential issues listed:

Also, one question on a rejection:

Photo 1) Underexposed (always a concern for me when they are shots very near sunset)
                    Photo 2) Centering (I put the fuselage lower in the frame due to a combination of angle and plane type), underexposed

Rejected photo - backlit. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8830313 The sun is very near dead-on down the rwy and realize on the whole it's more likely to be called backlit than not. I ask because I've had similar accepted (but maybe they shouldn't have been haha) https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10023257

As always, I really appreciate your time and input!

Name:	TF-ISY.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	844.0 KB
ID:	1108130

Name:	N969AT.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	1108131

Comment

Advice needed on two photos- potential issues listed:

Also, one question on a rejection:

Photo 1) Underexposed (always a concern for me when they are shots very near sunset)
                      Photo 2) Centering (I put the fuselage lower in the frame due to a combination of angle and plane type), underexposed

Rejected photo - backlit. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8830313 The sun is very near dead-on down the rwy and realize on the whole it's more likely to be called backlit than not. I ask because I've had similar accepted (but maybe they shouldn't have been haha) https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10023257

As always, I really appreciate your time and input!

Name:	TF-ISY.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	844.0 KB
ID:	1108130

Name:	N969AT.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	1108131
                      1. yes, borderline dark. would be ok for me, but I could easily see someone else rejecting it for underexposed
                      2. also a bit dark, and yes, definitely too low in the frame.

3. visible side & tail completely in shadow, backlit rejection was justified. and yes, accepted one probably should have been rejected as well

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. yes, borderline dark. would be ok for me, but I could easily see someone else rejecting it for underexposed
                        2. also a bit dark, and yes, definitely too low in the frame.

3. visible side & tail completely in shadow, backlit rejection was justified. and yes, accepted one probably should have been rejected as well
                        Thanks for the input.

Would one of these two be more acceptable than the other for framing? Unfortunately, I can't bring the aircraft up any higher in the 3:2.

Name:	n969at-3.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1108156Click image for larger version

Name:	n969at-2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1108157
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Would one of these two be more acceptable than the other for framing? Unfortunately, I can't bring the aircraft up any higher in the 3:2.

Name:	n969at-3.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1108156Click image for larger version

Name:	n969at-2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1108157
                          The 3:2 is close enough to acceptable, for me anyways. Not widely known fact: you can submit an image at any ratio between 4:3 and 16:9. It doesn't have to be exact. 1920x1120 would be totally fine, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

The 3:2 is close enough to acceptable, for me anyways. Not widely known fact: you can submit an image at any ratio between 4:3 and 16:9. It doesn't have to be exact. 1920x1120 would be totally fine, for example.
                            Ah! Thanks for the tidbit. I'll go with the 3:2, as 4:3 wouldn't work on this one since the plane is too close to the bottom of the frame.

Comment

Advice needed: clearly there are multiple immediate rejection reasons for this one judged by normal standards (backlit, centering, etc.). However, does this photo have a chance, or am I all kinds of crazy for even entertaining the idea? I won't be offended if the latter.

Name:	n910at-2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	833.2 KB
ID:	1108178

Comment

Advice needed: clearly there are multiple immediate rejection reasons for this one judged by normal standards (backlit, centering, etc.). However, does this photo have a chance, or am I all kinds of crazy for even entertaining the idea? I won't be offended if the latter.

Name:	n910at-2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	833.2 KB
ID:	1108178
                                For the composition/motive...probably no? You'd probably get some who liked it, but most who didn't, my guess anyway. Bigger issue is it's pretty soft, and that glare of the top of the fuselage is distracting. I don't see what a slightly different/better version would necessarily be an automatic rejection.

Comment

Working...
                                X