Why did my photo get rejected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did my photo get rejected?

Why did my photo get rejected? Don’t I know about something?
    Here it is:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RyanAir-Edited.jpeg
Views:	918
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	1094589(I don’t know if it is in the right category, let me know)

Hi,
    first of all, the email from the team contains all the rejection reasons. So it's best to read it always when you get a picture rejected.
    Now, about the picture. First of all there is a blocked (obstructed view of the airplane). The stair is part of the plane so deployed it is not a problem but the lady's head and upper torso in the foreground obstructs a part of the plane. Second, there is a huge dust spot visible in the sky above the tail, Third, the picture tilts to the right as we see it, it needs some counter clockwise rotation. $th it is cut off. The left winglet is cut, you could have easylly included it in the frame, 5th it is a bit of oversaturated and 6th there are JPG artefacts visible in the sky.
    So, for me the rejection reasons are : Color, horizon, dust, obstruction, compression.

Please, always read the rejection email. We always send the rejecton reasons, and many times comments that can help you in your editing in the future.

Regards
    Sotiris
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

There’s obstruction, a dust spot, color hue, and the winglet is cropped off.

Comment

Thank you Marcel001 for asking, thank you Sotiris for the great answer to the query.

While it's easy to notice the huge dust spot, my untrained eyes can't see the JPG artifacts. Could somebody help me find them?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Effendy View Post
          Thank you Marcel001 for asking, thank you Sotiris for the great answer to the query.

While it's easy to notice the huge dust spot, my untrained eyes can't see the JPG artifacts. Could somebody help me find them?

Thank you in advance.
          I use the following technique. I open the cropped photo in paint.net and play with Contrast (80-95%) and Brightness. It allows to detect spots, halo, artifacts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Effendy View Post

Thank you in advance.

There are some jagged lines above the plane

Comment

I'm afraid paint.net is not a tool for processing photos for upload to JP... try to look for some other editing tools, there is a lot of them available free online. Gimp, ACDSee just for a start of your search

Comment

Working...
              X