Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

planespotter.lars Editing/Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

    Would be rejected for overprocessed. This kind of editing is not allowed here.
    Makes sense, even though it is a pity!

    Comment


    • #32
      Hey guys,
      after a massive spotting trip within Portugal and my flight back to Germany, I am back with some edited pictures!
      First one is this pink bird I caught just after arriving at the spot in Lisbon!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	1098230 The second one was taken in Porto, on this day 9H-TAJ wasn't even in the schedule so it was quite an amazing surprise! Though I am not sure if it is a bit too undersaturated, I decided to first ask you.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	655.2 KB
ID:	1098231
      Best regards, stay safe and have a nice day,
      Lars Kämena

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
        Hey guys,
        after a massive spotting trip within Portugal and my flight back to Germany, I am back with some edited pictures!
        First one is this pink bird I caught just after arriving at the spot in Lisbon!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	1098230 The second one was taken in Porto, on this day 9H-TAJ wasn't even in the schedule so it was quite an amazing surprise! Though I am not sure if it is a bit too undersaturated, I decided to first ask you.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	655.2 KB
ID:	1098231
        Best regards, stay safe and have a nice day,
        Lars Kämena
        1. soft, overprocessed, vignetting
        2. cut off

        Comment


        • #34
          Good evening,
          Regarding the Pink Sparrow, don't the hell ask me why there is visible vignetting as I did not shout through a fence and I did not add any while editing, I hope it is fixed now! Also I removed some softness and saturation.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	1098290
          now regarding the HiFly I just cropped in a bit tighter, same crop as on the LH 359, that thanks to your help, got accepted yesterday!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	754.1 KB
ID:	1098291 Cheers and thanks again for all the help you guys have given me,
          Lars

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
            Good evening,
            Regarding the Pink Sparrow, don't the hell ask me why there is visible vignetting as I did not shout through a fence and I did not add any while editing, I hope it is fixed now! Also I removed some softness and saturation.
            Vignetting is almost always a byproduct of lens settings rather than anything external. Long end of the telephoto and open aperture usually are the culprits, probably the former, if not both in this case. Color was not an issue, so don't know why saturation was changed. Halo around the aircraft remains. Still borderline soft.

            Second image would be rejected for cropping/ratio since 4:3 is the maximum allowed.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

              Vignetting is almost always a byproduct of lens settings rather than anything external. Long end of the telephoto and open aperture usually are the culprits, probably the former, if not both in this case.
              Nice I didn't know that until now, I should really take a course or something similar!

              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              Color was not an issue, so don't know why saturation was changed.
              Oh damn I must have read overprocessed not overexposed, silly me.

              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              Halo around the aircraft remains. Still borderline soft.
              That damned halos man!

              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              Second image would be rejected for cropping/ratio since 4:3 is the maximum allowed.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	676.1 KB
ID:	1098516 Have a good evening and please excuse my careless mistakes haha,
              ​​​​​​​Lars

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	676.1 KB
ID:	1098516 Have a good evening and please excuse my careless mistakes haha,
                ​​​​​​​Lars
                Ratio is ok now, maybe a touch dark but ok for me.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Hey,
                  I just went through some pics I took at my local airport and surprisingly saw that 4 regs of them are not in the database. If they would have been, I would've never uploaded them as they're 'just' gliders.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 3).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	549.6 KB
ID:	1098574Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (2 von 3).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	803.4 KB
ID:	1098575Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (3 von 3).jpg
Views:	79
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	1098576Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	680.8 KB
ID:	1098577 The only thing I am afraid about is softness, concerning the editing I did only minimal changes to it.
                  Cheers,
                  Lars

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
                    Hey,
                    I just went through some pics I took at my local airport and surprisingly saw that 4 regs of them are not in the database. If they would have been, I would've never uploaded them as they're 'just' gliders.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 3).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	549.6 KB
ID:	1098574Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (2 von 3).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	803.4 KB
ID:	1098575Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (3 von 3).jpg
Views:	79
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	1098576Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	680.8 KB
ID:	1098577 The only thing I am afraid about is softness, concerning the editing I did only minimal changes to it.
                    Cheers,
                    Lars
                    Yes, all somewhat soft, among other issues.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                      Yes, all somewhat soft, among other issues.
                      Hey!
                      What would that issues be?
                      Sorry for not replying that long time but I had to focus on some physics presentations.
                      Lars

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post

                        Hey!
                        What would that issues be?
                        Lars
                        Contrast/exposure mostly.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Hello again!
                          After all the exams I finally found some time for editing!
                          Picture one was taken in late evening in Lisbon, picture two on Berlin Tegels last day of operation, where I flew to.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	772.7 KB
ID:	1103501
                          I am really concerned about the fact if the water salute and the fact shooting through the window damaged the quality too high.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	73
Size:	753.8 KB
ID:	1103500Greetings,
                          Lars

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
                            Hello again!
                            After all the exams I finally found some time for editing!
                            Picture one was taken in late evening in Lisbon, picture two on Berlin Tegels last day of operation, where I flew to.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	772.7 KB
ID:	1103501
                            I am really concerned about the fact if the water salute and the fact shooting through the window damaged the quality too high.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	73
Size:	753.8 KB
ID:	1103500Greetings,
                            Lars
                            Horizon off on both, especially the second. Both need CCW. Second also somewhat soft/blurry.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Thanks Dana.
                              I think I totally forgot about the horizon, Fixed it on both and put the Star Air into the queue. I would like to get following pics prescreened. Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	757.3 KB
ID:	1103554Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	632.7 KB
ID:	1103555Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	772.8 KB
ID:	1103556Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	626.0 KB
ID:	1103557 The sunglare is too big on the last one, isn't it?
                              Thanks in advance,
                              Lars

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
                                Thanks Dana.
                                I think I totally forgot about the horizon, Fixed it on both and put the Star Air into the queue. I would like to get following pics prescreened. Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	757.3 KB
ID:	1103554Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	632.7 KB
ID:	1103555Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	772.8 KB
ID:	1103556Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	626.0 KB
ID:	1103557 The sunglare is too big on the last one, isn't it?
                                Thanks in advance,
                                Lars
                                1. borderline cut off
                                2. horizon
                                3-4 borderline dark/contrast, but would be ok for me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X