No announcement yet.

planespotter.lars Editing/Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I cam up with the idea of re-editing some Zurich Apron shots and following two came out. It would be lovely if you could prescreen both and especially give some advice on the BA if needed. I am kind of afraid that the both could be too soft and the BA a bit too noisy .
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	705.2 KB ID:	1109040 Just to clarify, I chose the crop like this in order that as many reflects as possible could fit into the picture. (The BA is 1400 and the Falcon 1280 px wide, if I remember correctly.)Click image for larger version  Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	567.3 KB ID:	1109041 Many thanks in advance,
    Lars

Comment

Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
      Today I cam up with the idea of re-editing some Zurich Apron shots and following two came out. It would be lovely if you could prescreen both and especially give some advice on the BA if needed. I am kind of afraid that the both could be too soft and the BA a bit too noisy .
      I´m not screener but as you said, both are really soft. #2 may be fixed with less noise reduction and more sharp.

Comment

1. centering, soft/blurry, borderline dark
        2. soft. noise is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by PabloGlez View Post

I´m not screener but as you said, both are really soft. #2 may be fixed with less noise reduction and more sharp.
          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          1. centering, soft/blurry, borderline dark
          2. soft. noise is not an issue.
          Thank you a lot Dana and Pablo, I am gonna retry on the Ecuador Falcon and see if it helps enough if I decrease the noise reduction and sharpen it up a bit. Also gonna re-center the BA and light it up a bit but I am sincerely unsure If I can ever make the BA sharp enough as I have already tried several times.
          Best regards,
          Lars

Comment

Good evening,
            Would following helicopter shot be acceptable? I no that there is not particularly much light at all but who knows maybe its still ok.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	HB-ZQK Endgültig.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1,010.5 KB
ID:	1109584 Also it is full size, I hope that the quality is still good enough!
            Best regards,
            Lars

Comment

Good evening,
              Would following helicopter shot be acceptable? I no that there is not particularly much light at all but who knows maybe its still ok.
              Would be rejected for soft, and possibly contrast.

Comment

Hello guys its me again,
                In the past few days I have been editing a bunch of old shots where I really don't know if the quality is good enough.

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-78.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	1111622Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-79.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	606.4 KB
ID:	1111623Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	733.0 KB
ID:	1111624 Thanks in advance,
                Lars

Comment

Forgot to add this gem, sorry Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-80.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	512.0 KB
ID:	1111626

Comment

Hello guys its me again,
                    In the past few days I have been editing a bunch of old shots where I really don't know if the quality is good enough.1
                    1. ok for me
                    2. soft, contrast
                    3. borderline horizon
                    4. overprocessed

Comment

3. borderline horizon
                      Fixed, 1 and 3 now in the queue, thanks.

Views:	36
ID:	1111641 Is this any better now?

Comment

Fixed, 1 and 3 now in the queue, thanks.

Views:	36
ID:	1111641 Is this any better now?
                        I see zero difference.

Comment

I see zero difference.
                          Actually reduced, whites, set the blacks, dynamics and saturation to zero as wall as lowered clarity. So what would you suggest changing now to not make it overprocessed?

Comment

Name:	Screenshot (168)_LI.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	551.5 KB
ID:	1111678
                            Also quite concerned about this 'thing', way too big for a dust spot but I got no idea what it could be, do you have any idea what it is and if it has to be removed?
                            Direct link: https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1615751243.jpg

Comment

So what would you suggest changing now to not make it overprocessed?
                              Perhaps uploading the image you claim to have made the changes to? Pretty sure you accidentally upload the same file twice. Both images are exactly the same size, which (524,291b) which is extremely unlikely if any changes were made.

Also quite concerned about this 'thing', way too big for a dust spot but I got no idea what it could be, do you have any idea what it is and if it has to be removed?
                              Direct link: https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1615751243.jpg
                              Smoke in the background/distance?

Comment

Smoke in the background/distance?
                                Oh there is indeed some kind of a power plant around, that must be the explanation.

Perhaps uploading the image you claim to have made the changes to? Pretty sure you accidentally upload the same file twice. Both images are exactly the same size, which (524,291b) which is extremely unlikely if any changes were made.
                                Exported it again and attached it now, I must have surely made a fault when previous exporting, hope you can now see a difference.

Also would like to know if this AC Rouge would be acceptable, already reduced the size to 1200px as it has a bit of heat haze.Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-107.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	429.7 KB
ID:	1111842Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-106.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	573.7 KB
ID:	1111843

Comment

Working...
                                X