Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planespotter.lars Editing/Pre-screening advice

Hey guys,
    I have got one picture for the pre-screening and another for editing advice, as I am not sure how to handle them!
    The first picture is already edited and I'm looking for a pre-screening advice:

The picture itself was taken in the takeoff path of Palma de Mallorca, unfortunately on a very cloudy day, thats why my question is wether this is edited enough to get into the queue.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	964
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	1096365
    I am quite sure that this one is not recoverable for uploading it into the database, but just for self purposes only, how would you edit?
    Thanks already in advance, imo its amazing that you voluntarily check others pictures in your free time!
    Best regards from swabia,
    Lars

Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have got one picture for the pre-screening and another for editing advice, as I am not sure how to handle them!
    The first picture is already edited and I'm looking for a pre-screening advice:
    I am quite sure that this one is not recoverable for uploading it into the database, but just for self purposes only, how would you edit?
    Thanks already in advance, imo its amazing that you voluntarily check others pictures in your free time!
    Best regards from swabia,
    Lars
    Hi, first image link seems to be broken. Second image is blurry/soft and noisy. Best thing to do with that is reduce the resolution as much as possible to try and hide the fact that it's blurry. It will at least be less noticeable if you take it down to ~ 1024pix or so.

Comment

Hi,
      looks like I have messed up something with the Ryanair! I uploaded it now to abload.de, following link should work, even though the pic is much softer now!

Lars

Comment

Hi,
        looks like I have messed up something with the Ryanair! I uploaded it now to abload.de, following link should work, even though the pic is much softer now!

Lars
        Cannot prescreen an image that cannot be uploaded. Maximum allowable size is 1280pix unless you have been give special permission.

Comment

Absolutely makes sense, new link for the Ryanair:
          Bei Abload.de kostenlos Bilder hosten und in Foren, ebay oder anderen Auktionsplattformen usw. nutzen. Die Benutzeroberfläche ermöglicht einfaches bearbeiten deiner Bilder!

Furthermore, I went sunset spotting in Oporto as I am on vacation and this W6 321 went up pretty fast so there is a nice background of the parked planes. Any improvements needed?
          Bei Abload.de kostenlos Bilder hosten und in Foren, ebay oder anderen Auktionsplattformen usw. nutzen. Die Benutzeroberfläche ermöglicht einfaches bearbeiten deiner Bilder!

By the way as of how many accepted pics the maximum allowable size rate rises? My ratio is a bit down cuz of some experiences with glider pics.
          Thanks in advance and sorry that I forgot bout the 1280 px.

PS: On abload.de, click onto the pic for the complete picture filling the edges

Comment

Absolutely makes sense, new link for the Ryanair:
            https://abload.de/image.php?img=jp11von1umjed.jpg
            When you get a chance, please read here:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

It's easy to simply attach the images to your post, which avoids too many click-throughs for me.

Name:	jp11von1umjed.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	1096476

This image has very poor lighting, and such would be rejected for contrast. It does not appear to be fixable.

Furthermore, I went sunset spotting in Oporto as I am on vacation and this W6 321 went up pretty fast so there is a nice background of the parked planes. Any improvements needed? https://abload.de/image.php?img=jp11von1vxkdx.jpg
            Overprocessed (editing halos), poorly centered, and horizon is badly off.

By the way as of how many accepted pics the maximum allowable size rate rises? My ratio is a bit down cuz of some experiences with glider pics.
            There is no specific number, but aim for 100 images in the DB with an acceptance ratio higher than 50%. Please be aware that uploading at higher resolutions will almost certainly bring your acceptance ratio down, as flaws are more easily seen at such sizes.

Comment

Hi!
              Nice to know that, but yeah looks like it has its pros and cons!
              Yeah I did read the guideline before creating this thread, but continued to use abload after the Ryanair link didn't work, sorry! From now on Ill directly post the pic here and hope that it works out.
              Its a pity but understandable that the Ryanair isn't recoverable, the light and weather conditions were unfortunately awful!
              Overprocessed (editing halos), poorly centered, and horizon is badly off.
              -Thanks that helps a lot, centered it now and corrected the horizon! But how can I remove the halos? Decrease contrast?

Thank you so much,
              Lars

Comment

Good Morning!
                Today it would be nice if you could pre-screen following apron shot of Privilege Styles 767! Click image for larger version

Views:	436
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	1096622Unfortunately there is a bit of heat haze in it, hopefully its still bearable!
                Thanks in advance,
                Lars

Comment

Good Morning!
                  Today it would be nice if you could pre-screen following apron shot of Privilege Styles 767! Click image for larger version

Views:	436
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	1096622Unfortunately there is a bit of heat haze in it, hopefully its still bearable!
                  Thanks in advance,
                  Lars
                  It is soft and poorly centered, though I can't tell if the former is due to heat haze or not.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

It is soft and poorly centered
                    Hmm I think I centered it another way, not like I should:

Name:	Screenshot (111)_LI.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1096665
                    I think that you want it to be centered like the red lines, with the same space of the aircrafts body to the edges, but I centered it like that, but looking for the tail and wheels being same way from the mid lines! Should I then decrease the noise-reduction?

Uhm and regarding the Wizz Air a bit above, should I remove contrast so that there arent any halos anymore? As far as the halos are concerned I think that they exist if there is a high contrast, if removing some, there should be a smoother transition between the darker and brighter areas?!
                    Thanks in advance,
                    Lars

Comment

Hmm I think I centered it another way, not like I should:

I think that you want it to be centered like the red lines, with the same space of the aircrafts body to the edges, but I centered it like that, but looking for the tail and wheels being same way from the mid lines! Should I then decrease the noise-reduction?
                      Yes, it is too low in the frame. If reducing the noise reduction will also reduce the softness, then sure go ahead. Otherwise not sure how that is related

Uhm and regarding the Wizz Air a bit above, should I remove contrast so that there arent any halos anymore? As far as the halos are concerned I think that they exist if there is a high contrast, if removing some, there should be a smoother transition between the darker and brighter areas?!
                      Halos are caused by your processing, likely unintentionally. Adding contrast will do nothing to remove them, only reprocessing the image without introducing them in the first place will get rid of them.

Comment

Yes, it is too low in the frame.
                        Ok so it was a misunderstanding from my side! Fixed it.

If reducing the noise reduction will also reduce the softness, then sure go ahead. Otherwise not sure how that is related.
                        Yes after I reduced the noise reduction by 50%, the pic now looks much sharper and less softer.

Halos are caused by your processing, likely unintentionally. Adding contrast will do nothing to remove them, only reprocessing the image without introducing them in the first place will get rid of them.
                        Ok that helps a lot! So just for my understanding, the bright line at the edges of the plane is an editing halo?
                        Many thanks,
                        Lars

Comment

Ok that helps a lot! So just for my understanding, the bright line at the edges of the plane is an editing halo?
                          No, editing halos generally refer to areas of the frame (almost always the sky next to dark parts of the aircraft) that are much brighter than the surrounding area. Usually caused by settings such as shadow/highlight, clarity, vibrance, d-lighting, etc.

Comment

No, editing halos generally refer to areas of the frame (almost always the sky next to dark parts of the aircraft) that are much brighter than the surrounding area. Usually caused by settings such as shadow/highlight, clarity, vibrance, d-lighting, etc.
                            Thanks for explaining it to me, I had never heard of that before! So, in my case its the sky in mid frame surrounding the plane! Can I fix that by masking the parts and adjusting the settings?
                            Lars

Comment

Thanks for explaining it to me, I had never heard of that before! So, in my case its the sky in mid frame surrounding the plane! Can I fix that by masking the parts and adjusting the settings?
                              Lars
                              see:

..only reprocessing the image without introducing them in the first place will get rid of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X