No announcement yet.

planespotter.lars Editing/Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding 2 and especially 4, would they be considered as night shots? And regarding 1, how should I crop it then? I thought cropping it until the name of the company ends was alright.

Comment

Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
      Regarding 2 and especially 4, would they be considered as night shots? And regarding 1, how should I crop it then? I thought cropping it until the name of the company ends was alright.
      Yes Night Shot for both. First will probably only work with a tighter crop, probably cropping out the whole engine, but at least not cutting the thrust reversers in half.

Comment

Thanks Dana,
        night shot worked out. What makes me really doubt is the fact that my HiFly A330 from back got rejected because of similar!!! Of course, it was taken on the same day at the same airport but it was taken from a completely (!) other angle, you just can't compare a close-up with a shot from back! If you also share this opinion I'll appeal for it to be viewed and checked again. Sadly the Air Corsica A320 Neo also was rejected, but because the screener tought it was too soft. As you wrote that the shot would be ok for you, I wanted to ask if there is any chance that it could get accepted if I appealed. Thanks again for your help on the three pictures that were accepted!
        Greetings,
        Lars

Comment

Thanks Dana,
          night shot worked out. What makes me really doubt is the fact that my HiFly A330 from back got rejected because of similar!!! Of course, it was taken on the same day at the same airport but it was taken from a completely (!) other angle, you just can't compare a close-up with a shot from back! If you also share this opinion I'll appeal for it to be viewed and checked again.
          Going to need to be a little more specific with which images you are talking about if you'd like an opinion.

Sadly the Air Corsica A320 Neo also was rejected, but because the screener tought it was too soft. As you wrote that the shot would be ok for you, I wanted to ask if there is any chance that it could get accepted if I appealed. Thanks again for your help on the three pictures that were accepted!
          As I said, ok for me, but I can see it being somewhat soft by others. Best idea is to sharpen it a bit and put it back in the queue.

Comment

Good day Dana.
            I hope that you had a merry Christmas.
            This time I have got a question about a 'night shot' as I am not sure wether it is too soft to be accepted.
            Thanks you in advance and stay safe.
            Best regards,
            Lars
            Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	746.8 KB
ID:	1105755

Comment

Good day Dana.
              I hope that you had a merry Christmas.
              This time I have got a question about a 'night shot' as I am not sure wether it is too soft to be accepted.
              Thanks you in advance and stay safe.
              Best regards,
              Lars
              Click image for larger version

Views:	109
Size:	746.8 KB
ID:	1105755
              Yes, definitely soft, and in fact a bit blurry towards the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Yes, definitely soft, and in fact a bit blurry towards the nose.
                Thanks Dana for checking it so reliable every time I post something into my thread!

This time I have got a question concerning a picture of a terminal, not a plane. It is the matter of Berlin Tegel, who got closed down three months ago, as you likely know! On his last day of operations I was on the last flight by the LH Group, which was operated by an A359! During this day, I took following shot of the Terminal, including the tower!
                Stay safe!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dana for checking it so reliable every time I post something into my thread!

This time I have got a question concerning a picture of a terminal, not a plane. It is the matter of Berlin Tegel, who got closed down three months ago, as you likely know! On his last day of operations I was on the last flight by the LH Group, which was operated by an A359! During this day, I took following shot of the Terminal, including the tower!
                  Stay safe!
                  Quality looks ok (might need a little CW rotation); motive will be a bit more subjective. Probably (?) ok, but couldn't promise everyone would agree.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Quality looks ok (might need a little CW rotation); motive will be a bit more subjective. Probably (?) ok, but couldn't promise everyone would agree.
                    Thanks for checking Dana, I'll try and smash it into the queue, I'll take the risk for one queue slot out of 20 !

Comment

Good day again, I am really unsure about this FAP (Portuguese Airforce) Casa at Lisbon, is it too soft or noisy? Click image for larger version

Views:	89
Size:	606.4 KB
ID:	1107522(It's 1200px)

Comment

Good day again, I am really unsure about this FAP (Portuguese Airforce) Casa at Lisbon, is it too soft or noisy? Click image for larger version

Views:	89
Size:	606.4 KB
ID:	1107522(It's 1200px)
                        Noise doesn't look like an issue, but a bit soft, yes.

Comment

Thanks Dana. Decreasing it to 1024 px wouldn't help it enough, I guess.

Comment

Thanks Dana. Decreasing it to 1024 px wouldn't help it enough, I guess.
                            Why not simply sharpening it up?
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Don't think it gets any better
                              But here you go: Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	642.0 KB
ID:	1107593

Comment

Don't think it gets any better
                                But here you go: Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	642.0 KB
ID:	1107593
                                A bit better, though I'd still say borderline.

Comment

Working...
                                X