planespotter.lars Editing/Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
    Hey Dana I recently went to my towns little airfield to do some Marc Ulm alike shots so it'd be great if you could share your opinion on these:
    1. borderline contrast/overexposed/soft
    2-3. similar
    4. cropping/ratio
    5. borderline contrast

I just want to know if this shot of the takeoff sequence is better regarding softness/heat haze.
    If there is any haze, it's hidden at this resolution. Image is a bit soft however.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline contrast/overexposed/soft
      2-3. similar
      4. cropping/ratio
      5. borderline contrast

If there is any haze, it's hidden at this resolution. Image is a bit soft however.
      Good Morning,

1. Understandable, gonna get it when flying season starts again then.
      2&3. Removed one out of the original post, shouldn't be similar now
      4. Fixed, now in queue
      5. Too low contrast am I right?

6. Ah glad to hear that as there is indeed heat haze in the original RAW, imma sharpen it up and post the new version here again.

Best regards,
      Lars

Comment

Good Morning,

1. Understandable, gonna get it when flying season starts again then.
        2&3. Removed one out of the original post, shouldn't be similar now
        4. Fixed, now in queue
        5. Too low contrast am I right?

6. Ah glad to hear that as there is indeed heat haze in the original RAW, imma sharpen it up and post the new version here again.

Best regards,
        Lars
        2. bit low in the frame; otherwise ok for me.
        5. yes

Comment

2. bit low in the frame; otherwise ok for me.
          5. yes
          Thanks, Dana.
          I attached the new Emirates and the new cockpit versions, would be great if you could check if the prior flaws are alright now.

Please dont mind this question as I just wanna know it. The second 'creative' shot of the Dimona which I removed so that you could prescreen the other one because of the similar rules, would that be a Bad Crop Reject? Indeed it was taken from ground level and therefore it is impossible to center by the belly of the aircraft but there was exactly the same space between the wingtip and the upper edge and the wheels and the downer edge so it looked quite balanced.
          ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-241.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	1113962Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-239.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	944.3 KB
ID:	1113961

Comment

Thanks, Dana.
            I attached the new Emirates and the new cockpit versions, would be great if you could check if the prior flaws are alright now.

Please dont mind this question as I just wanna know it. The second 'creative' shot of the Dimona which I removed so that you could prescreen the other one because of the similar rules, would that be a Bad Crop Reject? Indeed it was taken from ground level and therefore it is impossible to center by the belly of the aircraft but there was exactly the same space between the wingtip and the upper edge and the wheels and the downer edge so it looked quite balanced.
            1. borderline soft
            2. borderline contrast

Comment

1. borderline soft
              2. borderline contrast
              Morning Dana, if this ain't enough contrast I don't know what to do, I added +35 Contrast in Lightroom, reduced the blacks and pushed the highlights a bit so that the contrast would be visible good enough in the histogramm.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-247.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	961.2 KB
ID:	1114667
              Also I found this old SWISS A343 shot which would be really nice to see accepted, but even though reduced to 1200px it seems a tad soft at the SWISS letterings, so I would be grateful if you could give me your opinion on it. Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-249.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	426.1 KB
ID:	1114669Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-250.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	1114670Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-248.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	415.8 KB
ID:	1114668Exactly the same goes for the other two.
              Thanks in advance and stay safe,
              Lars Kämena

Comment

Morning Dana, if this ain't enough contrast I don't know what to do, I added +35 Contrast in Lightroom, reduced the blacks and pushed the highlights a bit so that the contrast would be visible good
                1. contrast looks ok to me, but on second look, I missed it's also a bit soft.
                2-4. all three also a bit soft, but seem like they should be fixable.

Comment

1. contrast looks ok to me, but on second look, I missed it's also a bit soft.
                  2-4. all three also a bit soft, but seem like they should be fixable.
                  Good evening Dana.
                  Thanks a bunch, corrected the issues, let's see if they're okay now . Would be great as they'd mark my imagines 97, 98, 99 and 100 in the database haha.
                  Best regards and stay safe!

EDIT: Omfg I just checked the settings and saw that the cockpit shot was not even sharpened...

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-256.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1115242 The cockpit is now perfectly sharp but the area around the left pedals and the footmat looks indeed very soft, and could cause a reject, what would you say?

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-257.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	1115243Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-258.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	1115244Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-259.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	410.3 KB
ID:	1115245Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-260.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	505.8 KB
ID:	1115246

Comment

Good evening Dana.
                    Thanks a bunch, corrected the issues, let's see if they're okay now . Would be great as they'd mark my imagines 97, 98, 99 and 100 in the database haha.
                    Best regards and stay safe!
                    1. borderline contrast, but as before, acceptable for me
                    2-4. borderline soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline contrast, but as before, acceptable for me
                      2-4. borderline soft.
                      Thanks, Dana. I added few more contrast to 1 and added it with 1400px to the queue, should be acceptable. Same goes for 2-4, I sharpened them up and uploaded them with 1250px and it actually looks quite crisp so I don't think they'll cause problems.

Already in advance, if they all get accepted, I'll finally reach the 100 accepted pics mark, which I would have never got to of if it wasn't you constantly sticking by and checking my pictures for any issues. All in all, a very big thank you.
                      Best regards,
                      Lars

Comment

• ​​​Good morning,
                        I would love to see your opinion on the following pics, I think they should go through but I am concerned about Easy Jets crop.

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-270.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	486.1 KB
ID:	1115456Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-272.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	718.4 KB
ID:	1115457
                        The light on the following one is extremely trashy but I would still like to see it accepted as it's the only QR oneworld c/s I got, I hope it has got enough contrast to get accepted.Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-277.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	1115458
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
                          ​​​Good morning,
                          I would love to see your opinion on the following pics
                          1-2. Crops not my personal taste, but not automatic rejections. More of an issue with the LH, which is neither close up nor wide view.
                          3. too low in the frame and dust spot.

Comment

1-2. Crops not my personal taste, but not automatic rejections. More of an issue with the LH, which is neither close up nor wide view.
                            3. too low in the frame and dust spot.
                            Jesus, what the was a dreaming of whilst editing the QR, centering and Dust Spots are steps 2&3 of my workflow and that dust spot was freaking huge.
                            Fixed it now:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1)-279.jpg Views:	0 Size:	325.7 KB ID:	1115654

EDIT: This is no question for prescreening, I know the pic is in the queue and so on, but I would love to know what the heck happened to that pic if you put it into the equalized version?!
                            Link is: https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1620978837.jpg
                            As said before I know that would cause an immediate 'vignetting not allowed' oder 'bad postprocessing' rejection, but I would just like to get what the hell happened so that he equalized version looks like that, do you have any guesses or hints?

Comment

• Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post
                              Jesus, what the was a dreaming of whilst editing the QR, centering and Dust Spots are steps 2&3 of my workflow and that dust spot was freaking huge.
                              Fixed it now:
                              A bit dark/soft, but otherwise better than the previous.

EDIT: This is no question for prescreening, I know the pic is in the queue and so on, but I would love to know what the heck happened to that pic if you put it into the equalized version?!
                              Link is: https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1620978837.jpg
                              As said before I know that would cause an immediate 'vignetting not allowed' oder 'bad postprocessing' rejection, but I would just like to get what the hell happened so that he equalized version looks like that, do you have any guesses or hints?
                              Don't see any bad processing, just vignetting and some compression.

Comment

A bit dark/soft, but otherwise better than the previous.

Don't see any bad processing, just vignetting and some compression.
                                Just by any chance, do you know how this vignetting could be caused without even processing the picture?
                                And another little question, today I resubmitted a picture with an higher resolution, is there any way of checking the status of the resubmission? Will I get an E-Mail? If yes Ill have to get in contact with your team as I haven't been getting Mails for ages now which I don't care about when it comes to screening but is quite tricky with appeals.
                                Thanks and best regards

Comment

Working...
                                X