X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planespotter.lars
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

You can contact me privately, but as I've been trying to hint, it probably won't be much use as the best I would be able to do is confirm the lack of overprocessing on the original, and not be able to tell you what is actually causing it.
    Did it!
    Between, do you take such 90 degree close-up shots or really just pics with the whole plane filling the frame?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg
Views:	118
Size:	749.2 KB
ID:	1097499
    Have a nice day,
    Lars

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by planespotter.lars View Post

Thanks I'll drag it here:
    Hmm it doesn't upload me files with a RW2 extension, any Email I can send it to?
    Thanks in advance,
    Lars
    You can contact me privately, but as I've been trying to hint, it probably won't be much use as the best I would be able to do is confirm the lack of overprocessing on the original, and not be able to tell you what is actually causing it.

Leave a comment:

• planespotter.lars
    replied

You could, but all I would be able to do is confirm they are not present on the raw file. You are the only one who would know what is causing them, as you are the only one who is fully aware of your workflow/editing process.
    Thanks I'll drag it here:
    Hmm it doesn't upload me files with a RW2 extension, any Email I can send it to?
    Thanks in advance,
    Lars

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hey dlowwa,
    sorry for not answering but I was on vacation the last week!

Ok then I really don't know what's causing them. Could I maybe send you the raw so you can make a 30 seconds quick edit to get to know which parameter is causing them?
    You could, but all I would be able to do is confirm they are not present on the raw file. You are the only one who would know what is causing them, as you are the only one who is fully aware of your workflow/editing process.

Leave a comment:

• planespotter.lars
    replied
    Hey dlowwa,
    sorry for not answering but I was on vacation the last week!
    No, halos are still visible - unsurprising, as they typically have nothing to do with the white balance. They are not too strong, but are noticeable, so I couldn't say if they would definitely cause a rejection or not.
    Ok then I really don't know what's causing them. Could I maybe send you the raw so you can make a 30 seconds quick edit to get to know which parameter is causing them?
    Still soft, and might want to give it a touch of CCW rotation, though the horizon might be acceptable as is.
    I'll change it, thanks!

Lars

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks you so much for explaining it to me again, I did really not get the gist! Now I have found the parameter that caused the halos, it was the temperature!
    I applied some more temperature so that the light would come out a bit more yellow and after removing it you could really see a big difference in the blue. Now there shouldn't be any halos anymore: Should be okay now?!
    No, halos are still visible - unsurprising, as they typically have nothing to do with the white balance. They are not too strong, but are noticeable, so I couldn't say if they would definitely cause a rejection or not.

Also I have fixed the Privilege 767, added some sharpness and corrected the horizon:
    Lars
    Still soft, and might want to give it a touch of CCW rotation, though the horizon might be acceptable as is.

Leave a comment:

• planespotter.lars
    replied

The halos were caused by something you did when editing. It is far simpler to reprocess the image so that the halos don't occur in the first place, than to try and remove them after the fact.
    Thanks you so much for explaining it to me again, I did really not get the gist! Now I have found the parameter that caused the halos, it was the temperature!
    I applied some more temperature so that the light would come out a bit more yellow and after removing it you could really see a big difference in the blue. Now there shouldn't be any halos anymore:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	674.2 KB ID:	1096814 Should be okay now?!
    Also I have fixed the Privilege 767, added some sharpness and corrected the horizon:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	JP 1 (1 von 1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	552.1 KB ID:	1096815 Thanks for checking it!
    Lars

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I am very sorry but I have to admit that I didn't really understand what you mean with introducing them in the first place.
    The halos were caused by something you did when editing. It is far simpler to reprocess the image so that the halos don't occur in the first place, than to try and remove them after the fact.

Leave a comment:

• planespotter.lars
    replied
    see:
    ..only reprocessing the image without introducing them in the first place will get rid of them
    I am very sorry but I have to admit that I didn't really understand what you mean with introducing them in the first place.
    Lars

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks for explaining it to me, I had never heard of that before! So, in my case its the sky in mid frame surrounding the plane! Can I fix that by masking the parts and adjusting the settings?
    Lars
    see:

..only reprocessing the image without introducing them in the first place will get rid of them.

Leave a comment:

• planespotter.lars
    replied

No, editing halos generally refer to areas of the frame (almost always the sky next to dark parts of the aircraft) that are much brighter than the surrounding area. Usually caused by settings such as shadow/highlight, clarity, vibrance, d-lighting, etc.
    Thanks for explaining it to me, I had never heard of that before! So, in my case its the sky in mid frame surrounding the plane! Can I fix that by masking the parts and adjusting the settings?
    Lars

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Ok that helps a lot! So just for my understanding, the bright line at the edges of the plane is an editing halo?
    No, editing halos generally refer to areas of the frame (almost always the sky next to dark parts of the aircraft) that are much brighter than the surrounding area. Usually caused by settings such as shadow/highlight, clarity, vibrance, d-lighting, etc.

Leave a comment:

• planespotter.lars
    replied
    Yes, it is too low in the frame.
    Ok so it was a misunderstanding from my side! Fixed it.

If reducing the noise reduction will also reduce the softness, then sure go ahead. Otherwise not sure how that is related.
    Yes after I reduced the noise reduction by 50%, the pic now looks much sharper and less softer.

Halos are caused by your processing, likely unintentionally. Adding contrast will do nothing to remove them, only reprocessing the image without introducing them in the first place will get rid of them.
    Ok that helps a lot! So just for my understanding, the bright line at the edges of the plane is an editing halo?
    Many thanks,
    Lars

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hmm I think I centered it another way, not like I should:

I think that you want it to be centered like the red lines, with the same space of the aircrafts body to the edges, but I centered it like that, but looking for the tail and wheels being same way from the mid lines! Should I then decrease the noise-reduction?
    Yes, it is too low in the frame. If reducing the noise reduction will also reduce the softness, then sure go ahead. Otherwise not sure how that is related

Uhm and regarding the Wizz Air a bit above, should I remove contrast so that there arent any halos anymore? As far as the halos are concerned I think that they exist if there is a high contrast, if removing some, there should be a smoother transition between the darker and brighter areas?!
    Halos are caused by your processing, likely unintentionally. Adding contrast will do nothing to remove them, only reprocessing the image without introducing them in the first place will get rid of them.

Leave a comment:

• planespotter.lars
    replied

It is soft and poorly centered
    Hmm I think I centered it another way, not like I should:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (111)_LI.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1096665
    I think that you want it to be centered like the red lines, with the same space of the aircrafts body to the edges, but I centered it like that, but looking for the tail and wheels being same way from the mid lines! Should I then decrease the noise-reduction?

Uhm and regarding the Wizz Air a bit above, should I remove contrast so that there arent any halos anymore? As far as the halos are concerned I think that they exist if there is a high contrast, if removing some, there should be a smoother transition between the darker and brighter areas?!
    Thanks in advance,
    Lars

Leave a comment:

Working...
X