Pre screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svenson Liew View Post

Sorry I don't get it. Did I attach too many files making it confusing? My photo is already edited as well.
    You cannot upload an image that is 2800pix wide, so offering advice on it is pointless.

Anyways here's the specific image file attached for prescreening:
    This image suffers from overprocessing, compression, and a slight cyan tint.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

You cannot upload an image that is 2800pix wide, so offering advice on it is pointless.
      Sorry I've uploaded the wrong file.

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This image suffers from overprocessing, compression, and a slight cyan tint.
      Thanks for the comment. Are there any tips/methods for preventing the overprocessing of an image? Reducing clarity?

Comment

To answer that, we would need to know, how you process the photos, from in-camera settings up the last step in post processing. Typical reasons can be:
        - D-lighting in some Nikons
        - Other auto-adjusting features in your camera
        - auto-correcting features in your editor, like shadow/highlights, vibrance, clarity ... (always depending on your editor)
        - sharpening settings with large radius
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
          To answer that, we would need to know, how you process the photos, from in-camera settings up the last step in post processing. Typical reasons can be:
          - D-lighting in some Nikons
          - Other auto-adjusting features in your camera
          - auto-correcting features in your editor, like shadow/highlights, vibrance, clarity ... (always depending on your editor)
          - sharpening settings with large radius
          Thanks for the comment!

I turned off my D-lighting for photos taken since November 2019 (my prescreened photos are taken in 2020). I also changed the settings of Picture Control from SD to NL. My other settings include Auto-servo AF and I use 39-point AF. My vignette control is also set as "normal" even though I don't touch on vignette while editing photos and I use lens hood for shooting as well.

Am I supposed to change my focus settings and not touch on highlights/shadows/vibrance while editing my photos?

Comment

Thanks for the comment!

I turned off my D-lighting for photos taken since November 2019 (my prescreened photos are taken in 2020). I also changed the settings of Picture Control from SD to NL. My other settings include Auto-servo AF and I use 39-point AF. My vignette control is also set as "normal" even though I don't touch on vignette while editing photos and I use lens hood for shooting as well.

Am I supposed to change my focus settings and not touch on highlights/shadows/vibrance while editing my photos?
            Focus has no impact on overprocessing. Auto-correcting features can produce halos. You can check your photo after every step and fin out that way, which step is the culprit in your workflow.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Focus has no impact on overprocessing. Auto-correcting features can produce halos. You can check your photo after every step and fin out that way, which step is the culprit in your workflow.
              Thanks for the guidance! I'll definitely do some photo testing when I have free time before my next spotting trip

Comment

Hi screeners

May I have prescreen for this photo please! Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi screeners

May I have prescreen for this photo please! Thanks!
                  Would be acceptable for me.

Comment

Hi screeners

Any thoughts on this photo:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi screeners

Any thoughts on this photo:
                      Soft, flat, overprocessed, and slight red ting.

Comment

Working...
                      X