Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YSSY John - Prescreening Request / Editing Advice

Hello,

This is my first time to post on the forum. I haven't uploaded many cropped photos before, and I'm still practicing on the editing. But just wonder if the cropping style of the following image is OK for acceptance?

Kind regards,

John

Attached Files

Originally posted by YSSY John View Post
    Hello,

This is my first time to post on the forum. I haven't uploaded many cropped photos before, and I'm still practicing on the editing. But just wonder if the cropping style of the following image is OK for acceptance?

Kind regards,

John
    Would look much more balanced, if you showed the whole tail and less dead space below the aircraft.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

But just wonder if the cropping style of the following image is OK for acceptance?
      The image also needs to be rotated clockwise slightly. I'm not a screener but highly recommend addressing these issues during cropping as this is the time when you are most focused on framing and equal spacing, meaning that you won't be able to screw the crop up like you could do if you fix the tilt after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Long View Post

The image also needs to be rotated clockwise slightly.
        No, it doesn't.

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. I have changed the aspect ratio of cropping from 16:9 to 3:2, so that the vertical fin would not be cut out. Does it look better now?
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. I have changed the aspect ratio of cropping from 16:9 to 3:2, so that the vertical fin would not be cut out. Does it look better now?
            This one is off-balance too (left of center). Better to include the whole aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This one is off-balance too (left of center). Better to include the whole aircraft.
              Thanks dlowwa.

Comment

Hello,

I would like some prescreening advice on the following image. Basically, there are two things that I am not quite sure about:
                1. Should I upload it as "Ramp" shot, or use the registration "VH-EBA" for the aircraft on the foreground?
                2. The next thing is about centring. I place the runway at the centre of the frame, so that both aircraft can be included in the image. Would this end up with "Bad composition" rejection?
                Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

John
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I would like some prescreening advice on the following image. Basically, there are two things that I am not quite sure about:
                  Should I upload it as "Ramp" shot, or use the registration "VH-EBA" for the aircraft on the foreground?
                  VH-EBA.

The next thing is about centring. I place the runway at the centre of the frame, so that both aircraft can be included in the image. Would this end up with "Bad composition" rejection?
                  Borderline. Could move both up a bit, and would be better if there was less space between the two. Image also quite soft.

Comment

Hello,

I would like some editing advice on the following image: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8535444

It has been recently rejected for bad colour. I am just wondering what's your thought on how to improve it? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

John

Comment

Hello,

I would like some editing advice on the following image: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8535444

It has been recently rejected for bad colour. I am just wondering what's your thought on how to improve it? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

John
                      There is a green tint to the image. Green can usually be countered by adding magenta.

Comment

Hello,

I have been trying night photography recently. Can I get some advice regarding to the following image? Is it up to standard to be accepted? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

John
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I have been trying night photography recently. Can I get some advice regarding to the following image? Is it up to standard to be accepted? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

John
                          A bit soft, but quality overall is not too bad. Not great light on the aircraft either, so contrast/dark rejection a definite possibility.

Comment

Hello,

Can I get some prescreening advice for the following image?

Kind regards,

John
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Can I get some prescreening advice for the following image?

Kind regards,

John
                              Looks OK to me.
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                              X