Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post

Hi there,

I've still got 5 images waiting for pre-screen but I'm presuming I need to wait til they're done before I can upload others for pre-screening?
    1) you posted the 5 photos a bit too early
    2) and yes, don't post more photos, until these have been pre-screened.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Ouch. Fair enough. Should I wait for them to be prescreened or will I need to reupload?

Comment

Ouch. Fair enough. Should I wait for them to be prescreened or will I need to reupload?
        Best to post again, but also to read here first, both my original post and the follow up:

You can post as many images as you like, as often as you like but the more you do (number of images and times) the less likely you are to get a response.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Best to post again, but also to read here first, both my original post and the follow up:

You can post as many images as you like, as often as you like but the more you do (number of images and times) the less likely you are to get a response.
          Point taken. I'll try to be more concise in my requests in future posts and stick to ones with possible issues or concerns. Admittedly, the impression I had was that I should be pre-screening things before placing them in the que to make sure I didn't bloat the que with rejections.

4 of the 5 posted the other night have specific issues I'd like to get advice on but I'll be more judicial with my requests in future.

My apologies.

Comment

• Okay. so, both of these are my primary concerns at the moment. I've re-edited the Police helicopter but I'm not sure if it's still too dark. With the Tornado, it has both backlight and frontlight. Would this be classed as backlit/bad motive? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0821.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	575.3 KB
ID:	1103435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1074.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	1103434

Comment

Okay. so, both of these are my primary concerns at the moment. I've re-edited the Police helicopter but I'm not sure if it's still too dark. With the Tornado, it has both backlight and frontlight. Would this be classed as backlit/bad motive? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0821.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	575.3 KB
ID:	1103435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1074.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	1103434
              1. overprocessed, borderline harsh contrast
              2. overexposed

Comment

1. overprocessed, borderline harsh contrast
                2. overexposed
                1. Okay, can I ask what's causing the overprocessed look for this one?
                2. Will rectify the exposure. Would this be considered backlit though? That's the main concern for me on this.

Comment

1. Okay, can I ask what's causing the overprocessed look for this one?
                  Editing halos.

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
                  Would this be considered backlit though?
                  No.

Comment

Editing halos.

No.
                    Ah epic. I'll make some adjustments. Not sure what I've done to introduce halos however so I'll correct it and equalise to check.

I'll fix the exposure and upload for the Tornado.

Comment

• Hi,

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I just had this one rejected for overprocessed/bad post processing. I've checked for my immediate thought of halos but can't find any. I understand it was a borderline contrast rejection but if any insight to the above can be offered then that would be epic.

Comment

Hi,

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I just had this one rejected for overprocessed/bad post processing. I've checked for my immediate thought of halos but can't find any. I understand it was a borderline contrast rejection but if any insight to the above can be offered then that would be epic.

Processing is fine. Appeal might be worth it.

Comment

Processing is fine. Appeal might be worth it.
                          Okay, I have done so.

Comment

• Overexposure/glare is the name of the game for me this week. Are these overexposed/white too bright to your eye? Also, the business jet was taken in a very weird yellow light so would that be a bad color rejection? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	1103645Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1263.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	639.0 KB
ID:	1103646Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1271.jpg
Size:	696.9 KB
ID:	1103647

Comment

Overexposure/glare is the name of the game for me this week. Are these overexposed/white too bright to your eye? Also, the business jet was taken in a very weird yellow light so would that be a bad color rejection? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	1103645Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1263.jpg
Size:	639.0 KB
ID:	1103646Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1271.jpg
Size:	696.9 KB
ID:	1103647
                              Some softness on the first one, but exposure shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Some softness on the first one, but exposure shouldn't be an issue.
                                Okiedokie, thank you for that. I shall revisit the DA42 though.

Comment

Working...
                                X