Pre-screening Advice for LewisW295 Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post

Well, assuming that the cloudy one will get an inevitable contrast flag, let's go with the blue sky image.
    Unfortunately looks a bit blurry, as well as noisy and pretty noticeable purple fringing. Don't think it's fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Unfortunately looks a bit blurry, as well as noisy and pretty noticeable purple fringing. Don't think it's fixable.
      Bearing that in mind, would the one with the clouds suffer from the same issue? For me, noticeably less purple fringing but not entirely sure it's that much sharper.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sJQa3Xc.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	1100735Click image for larger version

Name:	QISoYAt.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	1100736Click image for larger version

Name:	c0XGNSq.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	1100737 Hi all,

Can I get some pre-screening Advice please on these shots?

​​​​

Comment

Name:	sJQa3Xc.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	1100735Click image for larger version

Name:	QISoYAt.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	1100736Click image for larger version

Name:	c0XGNSq.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	1100737 Hi all,

Can I get some pre-screening Advice please on these shots?

​​​​
          1. soft/blurry, compression, quality
          2. compression, heat haze, centering
          3. compression, contrast, centering, cut off, soft

Comment

1. soft/blurry, compression, quality
            2. compression, heat haze, centering
            3. compression, contrast, centering, cut off, soft
            Regarding 3, the shot is aimed at being a nose shot. Should I be cropping out the wing root?

​​​Also, the contrast comment. The sun was behind me, not the aircraft on the day so I'm not sure if I've got too much contrast or not on this one. Could you explain further if you get a minute?

Also, is there a sticky regarding compression rejections? I seem to be struggling with those a fair bit.

Edit: and thank you for the pre-screening Advice on the Osprey. That was accepted today following your advice

Comment

Regarding 3, the shot is aimed at being a nose shot. Should I be cropping out the wing root?
              Very poor angle for a close crop. Don't think changing the crop will help any.

Also, the contrast comment. The sun was behind me, not the aircraft on the day so I'm not sure if I've got too much contrast or not on this one. Could you explain further if you get a minute?
              Contrast is a bit too strong. Sun's position is irrelevant.

Also, is there a sticky regarding compression rejections? I seem to be struggling with those a fair bit.
              Not aware of any specific sticky, but the Upload Guidelines has a paragraph:

6.2 Compression

Comment

Hi there, thank you for your response to the last few questions I had.

In exchange, I have 4 for pre-screening if you don't mind?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201019124905_IMG_0533.jpg Views:	0 Size:	578.1 KB ID:	1100838Click image for larger version  Name:	20201019125926_IMG_0548.jpg Views:	0 Size:	645.2 KB ID:	1100839Click image for larger version  Name:	20201019124937_IMG_0534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	686.9 KB ID:	1100840
                ​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	20201019163722_IMG_0576.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	664.4 KB
ID:	1100869

Comment

Hi there, thank you for your response to the last few questions I had.

In exchange, I have 4 for pre-screening if you don't mind?

Click image for larger version Name:	20201019124905_IMG_0533.jpg Views:	0 Size:	578.1 KB ID:	1100838Click image for larger version Name:	20201019125926_IMG_0548.jpg Views:	0 Size:	645.2 KB ID:	1100839Click image for larger version Name:	20201019124937_IMG_0534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	686.9 KB ID:	1100840
                  ​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	20201019163722_IMG_0576.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	664.4 KB
ID:	1100869
                  1. soft/blurry, centering
                  2. soft, noise, contrast, dirty
                  3. soft/blurry, horizon, contrast
                  4. soft/blurry, noise, contrast, color, centering, vignetting

All of these images are extremely soft or blurry. If you haven't been able to pick up on that, might want to check your monitor settings.

Comment

1. soft/blurry, centering
                    2. soft, noise, contrast, dirty
                    3. soft/blurry, horizon, contrast
                    4. soft/blurry, noise, contrast, color, centering, vignetting

All of these images are extremely soft or blurry. If you haven't been able to pick up on that, might want to check your monitor settings.
                    That might well be the problem. I'm editing through mobile in Lightroom as the PC doesn't have a working memory card reader. On mobile these come out quite sharply.

Comment

That might well be the problem. I'm editing through mobile in Lightroom as the PC doesn't have a working memory card reader. On mobile these come out quite sharply.
                      Sorry, not even close to being sharp. I wouldn't bother uploading until you are able to edit/check the images on a proper monitor. As such, there is no sense in prescreening them either.

Comment

Sorry, not even close to being sharp. I wouldn't bother uploading until you are able to edit/check the images on a proper monitor. As such, there is no sense in prescreening them either.
                        Okay, advice taken on in regards to getting my editing done on a PC instead. I've gone back and revisited each of those images and increased the sharpening and noise reduction. To be honest, I can see a massive difference versus what I originally uploaded and thought was sharp vs how these are appearing now in LR. It's especially noticeable now when I zoom in along sections.

I'll spend a bit more time on the other photo which I haven't uploaded to see if there's a marked improvement.

​​​​​

​​​​

Comment

Hi there,

Managed to get myself onto a PC to attempt a re-edit of image 1. As soon as I got onto a PC I could see exactly what you meant about soft images. Not sure if I've made this better or worse. All I know is I'm starting over now with learning on PC instead. Hopefully a bit of improvement. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-CEZI (web).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	683.9 KB
ID:	1100951

Comment

Hi there,

Managed to get myself onto a PC to attempt a re-edit of image 1. As soon as I got onto a PC I could see exactly what you meant about soft images. Not sure if I've made this better or worse. All I know is I'm starting over now with learning on PC instead. Hopefully a bit of improvement. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-CEZI (web).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	683.9 KB
ID:	1100951
                            Sharpness is improved, but still too low in the frame. Some chromatic aberration is visible, but not sure it would be enough for a rejection.

Comment

Sharpness is improved, but still too low in the frame. Some chromatic aberration is visible, but not sure it would be enough for a rejection.
                              Correcting the crop shouldn't be too hard to do as I still have the original image. I'll go have another read of the cropping section in the sticky. The chromatic aberration will also get a look into and I'll see if I can correct it. Once I've made some changes tomorrow, I'll upload the re-edit.

Thank you for the push towards getting myself onto the PC to do my editing. The difference between that and my mobile is phenomenal. I'm very grateful for the time you've spent looking at my photos recently.

​​

Comment

Hi there,

Lesson learnt the hard way, save your work before cropping it....

Anyway, I have now taken a second look at N142TW and cleaned it and re-edited it. The PA28 has also been re-edited due to ballsing up the original crop.

Name:	G-CEZI Crop.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	659.8 KB
ID:	1101029Click image for larger version

Name:	N142TW Cropped.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	786.7 KB
ID:	1101030

Comment

Working...
                                X