Pre-screening Advice for LewisW295 Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. Fringing is due to your lens (quality).
    3. Couldn't tell you without seeing the original
    4. 1.3 Image Formats https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...es-new-version
    1. I found the purple fringing now. Will make some manual adjustments to the CA.
    3. I'll upload it later with the edit. I think it's blurring in the gear area after a closer look on mobile. I'll try reducing the mask to see if it's just soft first.
    4. No idea why its exporting in a strange manner. Aside from that, is 4 okay?

Comment

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
      4. No idea why its exporting in a strange manner. Aside from that, is 4 okay?
      Quality should be ok, but anything less than a 16:9 ratio is an automatic rejection. Given all of the other images have different ratios, this is a result of your own cropping, and nothing to do with the export process.

Comment

Quality should be ok, but anything less than a 16:9 ratio is an automatic rejection. Given all of the other images have different ratios, this is a result of your own cropping, and nothing to do with the export process.
        That information is super useful. Thank you. I've now amended my workspace to use a locked ratio and to check each export. I think I've killed all the CA and fringing now. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-BPES PA-38-112 Tomahawk (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	597.6 KB
ID:	1101388

Comment

Apologies for the double post,

Any thoughts as to this one? Taken in extremely low sun. Not sure if the motion blur on the grass would rule it out or the exhaust blur. Click image for larger version

Name:	PH-EZC 190LR (ERJ-190-100LR)-3.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	542.8 KB
ID:	1101392

Comment

That information is super useful. Thank you. I've now amended my workspace to use a locked ratio and to check each export. I think I've killed all the CA and fringing now.
            A bit soft/dark, but otherwise ok.

Any thoughts as to this one? Taken in extremely low sun. Not sure if the motion blur on the grass would rule it out or the exhaust blur.
            Soft, obstructed.

Comment

A bit soft/dark, but otherwise ok.

Soft, obstructed.
              I'll brighten and increase sharpening then before waiting to que it.

Obstructed due to the nose gear being behind the grass? I thought the limit was 50% and as I can see both MLG, that'd be okay. Other than that, I can't see an obstruction.

Comment

Hi,

Completely obstructed nose gear lead to an rejection, also its still soft.
                Best Regards from Germany,
                Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                  Hi,

Completely obstructed nose gear lead to an rejection, also its still soft.
                  Hi there,

Thank you for the clarification, my bad for the misunderstanding Sharpening is something on the list to play with as I've only been editing properly for a week or so (courtesy of the advice here).

Comment

Good Evening JP Team,

Can I please have some feedback on these two new ones? Playing with the sharpening tools for the third. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-LLCH 172S Skyhawk (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	675.4 KB
ID:	1101448Click image for larger version

Name:	ZH875  C-130J-30 Super Hercules C4 (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	657.4 KB
ID:	1101449Click image for larger version

Views:	117
Size:	480.0 KB
ID:	1101450

Comment

Good Evening JP Team,

Can I please have some feedback on these two new ones? Playing with the sharpening tools for the third. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-LLCH 172S Skyhawk (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	675.4 KB
ID:	1101448Click image for larger version

Name:	ZH875  C-130J-30 Super Hercules C4 (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	657.4 KB
ID:	1101449Click image for larger version

Views:	117
Size:	480.0 KB
ID:	1101450
                      1. oversharpened, color, dark/contrast
                      2. borderline oversharpened
                      3. cropping/ratio, color, oversharpened. Not going to comment on this one again.

Comment

1. oversharpened, color, dark/contrast
                        2. borderline oversharpened
                        3. cropping/ratio, color, oversharpened. Not going to comment on this one again.
                        1. Reduced the sharpening and double checked the masking was correct. Rebalanced the colours (I forgot to adjust the whites and underexposed it) and removed the fringing around the cockpit. I also reduced my export sharpening to standard instead of high.
                        2. reduced the sharpening and luminance settings.
                        3. Binned for now. I'll come back to that in a few months with a fresh edit.

I also have a new one. Not much of anything really done except some sharpening and a quick, rough crop. Would the cover be classed as obstruction?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026-IMG_0655.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	625.6 KB
ID:	1101505Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026-IMG_0665.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	1101506Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025-G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	639.7 KB
ID:	1101504

Comment

1. Reduced the sharpening and double checked the masking was correct. Rebalanced the colours (I forgot to adjust the whites and underexposed it) and removed the fringing around the cockpit. I also reduced my export sharpening to standard instead of high.
                          2. reduced the sharpening and luminance settings.
                          3. Binned for now. I'll come back to that in a few months with a fresh edit.

I also have a new one. Not much of anything really done except some sharpening and a quick, rough crop. Would the cover be classed as obstruction?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026-IMG_0655.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	625.6 KB
ID:	1101505Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026-IMG_0665.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	1101506Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025-G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	639.7 KB
ID:	1101504
                          1-2. ok for me
                          3. horizon

Comment

1-2. ok for me
                            3. horizon
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025-G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II.jpg Views:	0 Size:	639.3 KB ID:	1101516

3. Oops! Apologies for that error! Now with the correct horizon.

Assuming the cover isn't an obstruction rejection, this would still count as a normal day photo as the sun hadn't quite dipped below the horizon?

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	20201025-G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II.jpg Views:	0 Size:	639.3 KB ID:	1101516

3. Oops! Apologies for that error! Now with the correct horizon.

Assuming the cover isn't an obstruction rejection, this would still count as a normal day photo as the sun hadn't quite dipped below the horizon?
                              No, this is a night shot. Please read here: 2.2 Categories - Night Shots "This category should apply for photos taken at dawn, dusk and night. For Dusk and Dawn photos these should show a red-orange glow and long shadows. Dusk or dawn shots where the aircraft is a silhouette in front of a rising or setting sun would be a time where backlit photos are acceptable and Night Shot would apply."

So that you may answer any questions you have about categories yourself.

Comment

Hi JP crew,

Can I get a pre-screen on these 2 shots please? Not too sure if I've over-processed/sharpened one and not sure the other is sharp enough. Also, I don't believe they are similar as they were taken during different stages of the arrival. One horrific angle of the dirty side during the rollout and one during taxi. The taxi shot had the wingtips intentionally clipped as they blew the image slightly out of proportion and left it looking low and small in the shot. Click image for larger version  Name:	G-VIIE 777-236  (1 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	633.3 KB ID:	1101619

Click image for larger version  Name:	G-VIIE 777-236  (3 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	646.6 KB ID:	1101621
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X