Pre-screening Advice for LewisW295 Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post

Are static propellors frowned upon? Have a few other shots where the prop was stopped. Hard to tell if it's blurry or soft to my eye still
    For helicopters, pretty hard to get otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

For helicopters, pretty hard to get otherwise.
      Oof. May have to take another look into the depths of my memory card on that one then!

Comment

• Hey there JP Crew.

3 fresh images and a different shot of the Lynx. I seem to struggle with choppers....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0891.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	539.3 KB
ID:	1102611Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	550.6 KB
ID:	1102612Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg
Size:	582.6 KB
ID:	1102613Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0919.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	531.4 KB
ID:	1102610

Comment

Hey there JP Crew.

3 fresh images and a different shot of the Lynx. I seem to struggle with choppers....

Size:	539.3 KB
ID:	1102611Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.jpg
Size:	550.6 KB
ID:	1102612Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg
Size:	582.6 KB
ID:	1102613Click image for larger version

Views:	72
Size:	531.4 KB
ID:	1102610
          1. vignetting
          2. ok for me
          3. borderline soft
          4. vignetting

Comment

1. vignetting
            2. ok for me
            3. borderline soft
            4. vignetting
            1. Is this fixable on this image? Lens corrections were made but I can't crop this image.
            2. Okay, will upload
            3. I'll resharpen once my PC is back together.
            4. Odd as this is fairly tight on the crop. Again, this image had the lens corrections applied. I'll attempt to fix it on this image.

​​​​

Comment

1. Is this fixable on this image?
              Possibly.

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
              4. Odd as this is fairly tight on the crop. Again, this image had the lens corrections applied. I'll attempt to fix it on this image.
              Noticeable in three corners, especially right side.

Comment

Possibly.

Noticeable in three corners, especially right side.
                Okay, rookie attempt no.1 at rectifying the vignetting manually. I've also resharpened BOPC. No other adjustments were made to the vignette rejection edits.

EDIT: I've also added an utter longshot. This being an experiment with RAW editing for the first time. Whilst I'm expecting a contrast rejection, could you please feedback on any other rejections as well?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0947.jpg Views:	0 Size:	585.2 KB ID:	1102711
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0891.jpg Views:	0 Size:	551.7 KB ID:	1102710

Name:	IMG_0616.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	506.0 KB
ID:	1102712
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0919.jpg Views:	0 Size:	524.5 KB ID:	1102709

Comment

Okay, rookie attempt no.1 at rectifying the vignetting manually. I've also resharpened BOPC. No other adjustments were made to the vignette rejection edits.

EDIT: I've also added an utter longshot. This being an experiment with RAW editing for the first time. Whilst I'm expecting a contrast rejection, could you please feedback on any other rejections as well?
                  1-2. ok for me
                  3. soft, contrast
                  4. vignetting gone, but in brightening you've pushed the contrast up a bit so I'd consider it borderline

Comment

1-2. ok for me
                    3. soft, contrast
                    4. vignetting gone, but in brightening you've pushed the contrast up a bit so I'd consider it borderline
                    1/2. Epic. They will join the que when I have some slots again.
                    3. Well that's better than expected for a shot that I thought would be a noise rejection at least!
                    4. A slight pull back on the shadows maybe or is the issue more than that?

Comment

4. A slight pull back on the shadows maybe or is the issue more than that?
                      Exposure is ok, but I see someone could possibly confuse the harsh contrast/shadows with underexposure.

Comment

Exposure is ok, but I see someone could possibly confuse the harsh contrast/shadows with underexposure.
                        A few things done tonight. I've played with the contrast on the Lynx by reducing overall contrast and lightening the shadows slightly. The vignetted Citation had a color discrepancy which I've now adjusted (aside from color, nothing has changed in my eye but I just want to make sure I haven't bodged the colors up).

Now, I also had this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8578979

I have now resharpened the image, could I get feedback on the new edit or is that not allowed on rejections?

Views:	63
Size:	486.9 KB
ID:	1102779Click image for larger version

Views:	55
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	1102781Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0712.jpg
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	1102780

Comment

A few things done tonight. I've played with the contrast on the Lynx by reducing overall contrast and lightening the shadows slightly. The vignetted Citation had a color discrepancy which I've now adjusted (aside from color, nothing has changed in my eye but I just want to make sure I haven't bodged the colors up).

Now, I also had this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8578979

I have now resharpened the image, could I get feedback on the new edit or is that not allowed on rejections?

Views:	63
Size:	486.9 KB
ID:	1102779Click image for larger version

Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	1102781Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0712.jpg
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	1102780
                          1. contrast looks ok, but brightening it a bit has made some areas appear a bit softer (this often happens).
                          2. borderline contrast
                          3. quality ok for me

Comment

1. contrast looks ok, but brightening it a bit has made some areas appear a bit softer (this often happens).
                            2. borderline contrast
                            3. quality ok for me
                            Okay. I'll resharpen the Lynx tomorrow. For 2, lack of contrast from changing the the color back? I'll reupload 3 when I've cleared out some more images...

In the meanwhile, I've been tampering with RAW files again.... Is it normal to find the exports of RAW files to be sharper than JPEGs from the camera?

Name:	IMG_0907.jpg
Size:	592.9 KB
ID:	1102836Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	882.4 KB
ID:	1102837

Comment

For 2, lack of contrast from changing the the color back? I'll reupload
                              Whenever you adjust one thing, all others tend to be affected.

In the meanwhile, I've been tampering with RAW files again.... Is it normal to find the exports of RAW files to be sharper than JPEGs from the camera?
                              Depends on your camera settings.

Name:	IMG_0907.jpg
Size:	592.9 KB
ID:	1102836Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	882.4 KB
ID:	1102837
                              1. low in frame
                              2. harsh contrast

Comment

Whenever you adjust one thing, all others tend to be affected.

Depends on your camera settings.

1. low in frame
                                2. harsh contrast
                                1. Well that image is a write off then. Aircraft was a bit low in the original.
                                2. Okay, I'll soften it up this evening.

In regards to museum pieces, if they aren't in the system but not flying, they aren't really hot are they? I'll be down at a museum tomorrow where I know there's at least 2 airframes not in the DB.

Also, aircraft being used as spares sources for another.... Do these count as wrecks?
                                ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X