• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post

Bump?
    Horizon is off, and slightly heat hazed.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hi all

Can I get your views on this little Tomahawk please? In reference to the aircraft, the sun was coming from the 8 oclock position so the T tail casts a shadow which is making me dubious. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2186.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	971.7 KB
ID:	1114582
    Bump?

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hi all

Can I get your views on this little Tomahawk please? In reference to the aircraft, the sun was coming from the 8 oclock position so the T tail casts a shadow which is making me dubious. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2186.jpg
Size:	971.7 KB
ID:	1114582

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Soft and heat hazed. Noise doesn't seem to be an issue.
    Thanks bud. Missed the heat haze completely.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

When I was down at Cardiff yesterday, I took a good look along the horizon as I remembered this being an issue before and the raised elevation in the distance plays havoc with photography. Mainly due to the cloud formations that seem to hang over there, even when Cardiff is in "shirt sleeves" type of sun! I'll be trying to find a better spot with some elevation or somewhere I can grab "in flight" shots from in future.

I do have one for screening today please, not sure if it will be a viable shot or not. Already had some success from the day (again, beautiful sunlight but distant rain clouds) but I really do struggle with black aircraft and leaving my ISO in auto.... well, it boobed and caused a fair bit of noise. Penny for your thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZK027-1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	693.1 KB
ID:	1113929
    Soft and heat hazed. Noise doesn't seem to be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by PabloGlez View Post

It can cause vignetting, but as Dana said, better if you wait to the sun.
    It was a very sunny day for the most part. The clouds in the backdrop are behind a massive change in elevation over 12 odd miles away. I've got shots on here from cloudy, rainy days at Cardiff that just so happened to come out okay and had rejections from days of beautiful sun due to clouds behind that rise. One thing that definitely doesn't help is when I mess up the ISO settings and underexpose everything to start with

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

This would be fixed by waiting for the clouds to pass, or coming back when there is better light.
    When I was down at Cardiff yesterday, I took a good look along the horizon as I remembered this being an issue before and the raised elevation in the distance plays havoc with photography. Mainly due to the cloud formations that seem to hang over there, even when Cardiff is in "shirt sleeves" type of sun! I'll be trying to find a better spot with some elevation or somewhere I can grab "in flight" shots from in future.

I do have one for screening today please, not sure if it will be a viable shot or not. Already had some success from the day (again, beautiful sunlight but distant rain clouds) but I really do struggle with black aircraft and leaving my ISO in auto.... well, it boobed and caused a fair bit of noise. Penny for your thoughts?

Name:	ZK027-1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	693.1 KB
ID:	1113929

Leave a comment:

• PabloGlez
    replied

With 2, would this be fixable by using radial filters? I found that boosting the overall exposure blew out the background.
    It can cause vignetting, but as Dana said, better if you wait to the sun.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

With 2, would this be fixable by using radial filters? I found that boosting the overall exposure blew out the background.
    This would be fixed by waiting for the clouds to pass, or coming back when there is better light.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1 & 3 would be ok for me. 2 has contrast/underexposure issues. Haze barely visible on 1, but again, not an issue for me.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hey there, 3 from today. Conditions were rather hazy. Not sure if the C130 would be passable but I'd rather ask and be told no here than que it. The two GA.... the background is hazed beyond belief but to my relatively untrained eye, the airframes came out sharp and unhazed (though BGGE might be too sharp?).
    1 & 3 would be ok for me. 2 has contrast/underexposure issues. Haze barely visible on 1, but again, not an issue for me.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hey there, 3 from today. Conditions were rather hazy. Not sure if the C130 would be passable but I'd rather ask and be told no here than que it. The two GA.... the background is hazed beyond belief but to my relatively untrained eye, the airframes came out sharp and unhazed (though BGGE might be too sharp?). It's been awhile since I was able to get out with the camera and conditions were not ideal.

Though I do have some relatively sharp images of a seagull that posed for me whilst the runway was closed if birdwatching is your thing?

Name:	ZH889-1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	751.9 KB
ID:	1113791Click image for larger version

Name:	G-MOSH-1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	653.7 KB
ID:	1113790Click image for larger version

Name:	G-BGGE-1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	830.9 KB
ID:	1113792

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. contrast, oversharpened
    2. contrast, oversharpened, obstructed
    3. dark/contrast (too strong)
    1/2 thank you.

I shall revisit the Wizz again. I think the issue may be saturation/exposure making the contrast too strong. The edit of that one never had any contrast applied, just levels changed. I'll scratch the current edit and start over with it.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi there, 3 I'm not sure of. The Bizjet & Royal Flight both worry me for contrast. I've also reduced the contrast in the Wizz but I think I've overdone it?
    1. contrast, oversharpened
    2. contrast, oversharpened, obstructed
    3. dark/contrast (too strong)

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hi there, 3 I'm not sure of. The Bizjet & Royal Flight both worry me for contrast. I've also reduced the contrast in the Wizz but I think I've overdone it? Click image for larger version

Name:	OK-XLS-1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	661.5 KB
ID:	1112927Click image for larger version

Name:	ZE700-1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	660.3 KB
ID:	1112928Click image for larger version

Name:	g-wukj-1.jpg
Size:	726.2 KB
ID:	1112929