X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post

Scrapped em both in the end. Selective sharpening introduced too much noise to the image.

Anyways.... 3 more for you if you don't mind? OPET has been before but failed on Horizon (I also queried if it was a Night shot) . 235KK was shot at the worlds shoddiest angle. With the Gulf, would cropping out the starboard side of the tail be classed as cut off? Cutting it off would kill a lot of the dead space see....

Anyways, just thought you'd like to know that all but one of your prescreens for me have now made it onto JP! I may not be learning too fast about editing but I'm very quickly getting used to figuring out which shots are even worth attempting

Click image for larger version

Name:	G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	67
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	1102480

Name:	N235KK G-IV (1 of 1).jpg
Size:	872.7 KB
ID:	1102479Click image for larger version

Name:	G-GHOW F182Q Skylane (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	65
Size:	840.4 KB
ID:	1102482
    1. bit soft, but ok for me
    2. needs CCW rotation
    3. ok for me

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. if it were me personally, I wouldn't bother trying to edit it, light is too poor. You could try boosting the shadows, but not sure that will get the results you want or is even worth the effort.
    2. soft towards the edges of the frame basically, which is typical when shooting at the limits of your lens (either aperture of focal range). If it is that like I suspect, might be difficult to fix.
    Scrapped em both in the end. Selective sharpening introduced too much noise to the image.

Anyways.... 3 more for you if you don't mind? OPET has been before but failed on Horizon (I also queried if it was a Night shot) . 235KK was shot at the worlds shoddiest angle. With the Gulf, would cropping out the starboard side of the tail be classed as cut off? Cutting it off would kill a lot of the dead space see....

Anyways, just thought you'd like to know that all but one of your prescreens for me have now made it onto JP! I may not be learning too fast about editing but I'm very quickly getting used to figuring out which shots are even worth attempting

Name:	G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II (1 of 1).jpg
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	1102480

Name:	N235KK G-IV (1 of 1).jpg
Size:	872.7 KB
ID:	1102479Click image for larger version

Name:	G-GHOW F182Q Skylane (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	65
Size:	840.4 KB
ID:	1102482
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. if it were me personally, I wouldn't bother trying to edit it, light is too poor. You could try boosting the shadows, but not sure that will get the results you want or is even worth the effort.
    2. soft towards the edges of the frame basically, which is typical when shooting at the limits of your lens (either aperture of focal range). If it is that like I suspect, might be difficult to fix.
    1. Fair enough. I don't think I'm going to have much luck with the departure shots then.

2. Actually this is cropped in but I do think it was at the 300mm limit. Selective sharpening maybe?

Might go back to the drawing board completely as I've somehow managed to muck up all my shots from those two trips.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

1. Any editing advice you can offer for this one bud? I'm going to assume that a reduction in the shadows and increase of exposure would help.
    2. Okay, will play with the selective sharpening tool then. Oversharpened around front door and nose gear per chance?

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. dark/contrast, borderline oversharpened
    2. borderline oversharpened in spots, but also still soft/blurry towards the tail & edges. also dark.
    1. Any editing advice you can offer for this one bud? I'm going to assume that a reduction in the shadows and increase of exposure would help.
    2. Okay, will play with the selective sharpening tool then. Oversharpened around front door and nose gear per chance?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Ta. Will re-edit the shot. Any tips for reducing noise? Luminance kills the detail and makes the image softer it seems. EDIT: I have had a quick alter with the sharpening after following a tutorial. Can I get some feedback on this version please? Hopefully some of the noise is gone (I struggle to see noise on flat colors unless prominent. I get very strong speckles in my vision looking at flat colors)

I also have this new image of 9H-EAL. It seems off but I can't put my finger on why....

Name:	image_35897.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	639.1 KB
ID:	1102376Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-01 Red (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	502.4 KB
ID:	1102378
    1. dark/contrast, borderline oversharpened
    2. borderline oversharpened in spots, but also still soft/blurry towards the tail & edges. also dark.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

Soft, very noisy, and contrast too harsh.
    Ta. Will re-edit the shot. Any tips for reducing noise? Luminance kills the detail and makes the image softer it seems. EDIT: I have had a quick alter with the sharpening after following a tutorial. Can I get some feedback on this version please? Hopefully some of the noise is gone (I struggle to see noise on flat colors unless prominent. I get very strong speckles in my vision looking at flat colors)

I also have this new image of 9H-EAL. It seems off but I can't put my finger on why....

Name:	image_35897.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	639.1 KB
ID:	1102376Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-01 Red (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	502.4 KB
ID:	1102378
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Okay, as promised, the photo from the flyby! Probably not my best work so far but any comments would be appreciated Pretty sure the weird lights on the nose area are actually lights or glass of some kind. Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-01 Flypast (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	760.6 KB
ID:	1102352
    Soft, very noisy, and contrast too harsh.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

Soft/blurry/noisy

In the air/on the ground usually not similar if from different sequences, but couldn't say without seeing the images in question.
    Okay, as promised, the photo from the flyby! Probably not my best work so far but any comments would be appreciated Pretty sure the weird lights on the nose area are actually lights or glass of some kind. Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-01 Flypast (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	760.6 KB
ID:	1102352

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

Soft/blurry/noisy

In the air/on the ground usually not similar if from different sequences, but couldn't say without seeing the images in question.
    Blurry... Well balls! Noise I can fix, softness I can fix, blurriness.... Social media fodder it is!

Okay. In regards to the A400M, she made 2 TnGs which will all look similar (from a JP criteria) but the flypast was a completely different sequence. No contact with the ground but it WAS flown down to minimums in a landing configuration. Without getting in depth with flight tracker comparisons with the photo data stamp, the only proof I can offer that it's from a different sequence is that I was standing in the same place as the other shots. I'll upload the working copy I have tomorrow evening It's not a final edit version yet but has had some initial work done to it.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Okay fair enough. Can I have feedback on the nose shot please? That's my preferred of the 3
    Soft/blurry/noisy

Edit: Would similar also apply to the flyby that was performed following the above 2 sequences?

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

So yes, same sequence. All three shots are similar.
    Okay fair enough. Can I have feedback on the nose shot please? That's my preferred of the 3

Edit: Would similar also apply to the flyby that was performed following the above 2 sequences?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

The nose/side shot are during the landing roll out of a TnG and the airborne is from the take off. Honestly, it depends on whether you consider a TnG as one sequence or 2 linked sequences (The Touch and The Go).

​​​​
    So yes, same sequence. All three shots are similar.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

Are they not from the same sequence?
    The nose/side shot are during the landing roll out of a TnG and the airborne is from the take off. Honestly, it depends on whether you consider a TnG as one sequence or 2 linked sequences (The Touch and The Go).

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    2 - 4. I'm not sure why they would all class as similar? I understand the nose shot vs the side on but neither of those vs the airborne shot? I'm not arguing, 8 just don't understand

Either way, if I rule out 4 (vignetting rejection I think) would the nose shot and airborne shot still be too similar for a pre-screen?
    Are they not from the same sequence?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X