Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Might be fixable.

Just flat light from the cloudy conditions.

Angle is fine, but very poor light, so probably not fixable.
    Ah right, I may just bin the museum shots in favour of another trip!

The 38, my bad. I genuinely thought the lighting was quite good for that one. Guess I'll get there in time.

The A330, fair enough. I think I'm just desperate for some decent shots at the moment. Weather has been crap here recently with complete cloud cover most days. Think I may just be seeing minor weather improvements for more than they are currently.
    Last edited by LewisW295; 2021-02-02, 21:43. Reason: Somehow obliterated my replies.

Comment

• Hi all,

Having some issues with this image. Rejected for Dirty/CMOS but I cannot find any trace of dust spots in Lightroom. The only thing I could see that resembled a dust spot in the JP checker got obliterated. Can someone please provide some more information on what I'm missing here? Undersharpened I can handle but invisible dust spots are driving me nuts. Especially as this would be a hot image

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
        Hi all,

Having some issues with this image. Rejected for Dirty/CMOS but I cannot find any trace of dust spots in Lightroom. The only thing I could see that resembled a dust spot in the JP checker got obliterated. Can someone please provide some more information on what I'm missing here? Undersharpened I can handle but invisible dust spots are driving me nuts. Especially as this would be a hot image

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

​​​​​
        Some kind of marks in the sky here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	64248_1612967806.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	474.1 KB
ID:	1109155

Comment

Some kind of marks in the sky here:

Name:	64248_1612967806.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	474.1 KB
ID:	1109155
          Even with those highlighted, I can still barely see them worth resharpening the image and correcting on this one?

Comment

Even with those highlighted, I can still barely see them worth resharpening the image and correcting on this one?
            Is that a question (rhetorical or otherwise)?

Comment

• Ignore. Found a way to show the dust spot. Now to figure out how to transpose that info from the web to my image

Comment

• Hi there,

3 I have some concerns about. First, the Bizjet. Too dark? Second, the A320. Automatic contrast failure that I would normally of binned instantly but, it's a hot photo due to the new livery. I'm going to assume straight off the bat that you've just sworn at me quite loudly too! Finally, the 146. Backlit by JP standards? Click image for larger version

Name:	g-cmbc.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	733.1 KB
ID:	1109629Click image for larger version

Name:	g-ezbk.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	454.6 KB
ID:	1109628Click image for larger version

Name:	g-jots.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	815.2 KB
ID:	1109630

Comment

Hi there,
                  3 I have some concerns about. First, the Bizjet. Too dark? Second, the A320. Automatic contrast failure that I would normally of binned instantly but, it's a hot photo due to the new livery. I'm going to assume straight off the bat that you've just sworn at me quite loudly too! Finally, the 146. Backlit by JP standards?
                  1. borderline contrast (would be a rejection for me)
                  2. contrast
                  3. yes, backlit

Comment

1. borderline contrast (would be a rejection for me)
                    2. contrast
                    3. yes, backlit
                    People asking reasonable, honest, or sincere questions never get sworn at

Even at that, for worse I'd only shake my head and move on to the next. No need to get angry about anything here.

Comment

People asking reasonable, honest, or sincere questions never get sworn at

Even at that, for worse I'd only shake my head and move on to the next. No need to get angry about anything here.
                      And this is why I like jetphotos

​​​​Thanks for the feedback bud.

Comment

• Hi all,

Would the clouds cause this to be a contrast issue?

Name:	ZH826.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	460.9 KB
ID:	1110101

Comment

Hi all,

Would the clouds cause this to be a contrast issue?
                          No, should be ok.

Comment

• Hey there, just the one for today (unless you'll be taking pictures of sparrows, magpies and seagulls anytime soon?) which I have two concerns for. Firstly, contrast as this was a Night Shot taken shortly after the sun had set. Secondly, motive/cut off. The huge wingspan of the plane left a LOT of dead space.

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	1110735

Comment

Hey there, just the one for today (unless you'll be taking pictures of sparrows, magpies and seagulls anytime soon?) which I have two concerns for. Firstly, contrast as this was a Night Shot taken shortly after the sun had set. Secondly, motive/cut off. The huge wingspan of the plane left a LOT of dead space.

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	1110735
                              Image would be rejected for dark/contrast/soft/noisy. Crop is somewhat irrelevant due to the lack of quality.

Comment

• Good Evening,

Taking a stab back through my first few photos. Concerned about softness on the first and motive/distance/softness on the 2nd.I have tried to frame the 2nd image in a slightly different manner to capture the wing vortex/vortices and add some movement to the photo. If these would be classed as the same phase, please can I have feedback for the first image and not the second (I'm under the impression these are different phases of the flight).

Name:	CT-01.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	723.0 KB
ID:	1111282Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-01-2.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	673.6 KB
ID:	1111284
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...