Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
    Hi JP crew,

Can I get a pre-screen on these 2 shots please? Not too sure if I've over-processed/sharpened one and not sure the other is sharp enough. Also, I don't believe they are similar as they were taken during different stages of the arrival. One horrific angle of the dirty side during the rollout and one during taxi. The taxi shot had the wingtips intentionally clipped as they blew the image slightly out of proportion and left it looking low and small in the shot. Click image for larger version Name:	G-VIIE 777-236 (1 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	633.3 KB ID:	1101619

Click image for larger version Name:	G-VIIE 777-236 (3 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	646.6 KB ID:	1101621
    1. borderline soft/blurry/compression
    2. soft/blurry, noisy, color, obstruction. Not fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline soft/blurry/compression
      2. soft/blurry, noisy, color, obstruction. Not fixable.
      1. Worth trying to fix in your opinion?
      ​​​​​

Comment

1. Worth trying to fix in your opinion?
        ​​​​​
        For me? No. Not that interesting a photo. But if you have reasons to, go for it.

Comment

For me? No. Not that interesting a photo. But if you have reasons to, go for it.
          It's interesting for me but would probably require more effort than it's worth JP.

​​​

Comment

Note to self. Always check the bleeding crop values!

Anyway, just a quick question regarding selective sharpening... Does this tend to give an oversharpened look? Haven't been on LRC for a while but looking to up my sharpening game!

​​​

​​​

Comment

Note to self. Always check the bleeding crop values!

Anyway, just a quick question regarding selective sharpening... Does this tend to give an oversharpened look? Haven't been on LRC for a while but looking to up my sharpening game!

​​​

​​​
              Selective sharpening itself does not produce oversharpening. It depends on the sharpening settings.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Selective sharpening itself does not produce oversharpening. It depends on the sharpening settings.
                Ah okay, guess it's something I will have to play with and "eyeball". Thanks bud

Comment

4. acceptable for me
                  Hey,

Due to me being a massive tit and accidentally deleting the image from lightroom, would you mind pre-screening this one again in the future? The rejection isn't fixable as it was a crop issue. If not then I completely understand as it would be an entirely fresh edit from the base file.

Comment

Hey,

Due to me being a massive tit and accidentally deleting the image from lightroom, would you mind pre-screening this one again in the future? The rejection isn't fixable as it was a crop issue. If not then I completely understand as it would be an entirely fresh edit from the base file.
                    You'll have to be a little more specific.

Comment

You'll have to be a little more specific.
                      N142TW, I uploaded it but the resolution was out. Before it went through screening, I cleaned out my useless LRC images and accidentally got rid of the main copy.

Comment

N142TW, I uploaded it but the resolution was out. Before it went through screening, I cleaned out my useless LRC images and accidentally got rid of the main copy.
                        Sure, repost a new version any time.

Comment

Sure, repost a new version any time.
                          Thanks bud. Another query, if I have a shot of an airframe during rollout, taxi (similar but different phase) take off roll and airborne, I'm presuming I can only use 3 images? Taxi showing the starboard side, rollout showing port and the airborne?

May of been a tad excited for my first A346 in 7 years....

Comment

Thanks bud. Another query, if I have a shot of an airframe during rollout, taxi (similar but different phase) take off roll and airborne, I'm presuming I can only use 3 images? Taxi showing the starboard side, rollout showing port and the airborne?
                            Correct.

Comment

Correct.
                              And so it begins....

Nose shot from rollout, a taxi shot and a rotation shot. All taken within 5 minutes! It promptly hammered down about 30 second after the last shot was taken.Click image for larger version  Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 (1 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	658.6 KB ID:	1101947Click image for larger version  Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 (2 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	610.2 KB ID:	1101948Click image for larger version  Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 (3 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	512.3 KB ID:	1101946

Comment

And so it begins....

Nose shot from rollout, a taxi shot and a rotation shot. All taken within 5 minutes! It promptly hammered down about 30 second after the last shot was taken.Click image for larger version Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 (1 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	658.6 KB ID:	1101947Click image for larger version Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 (2 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	610.2 KB ID:	1101948Click image for larger version Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 (3 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	512.3 KB ID:	1101946
                                1. borderline soft (but ok for me)
                                2. ok for me
                                3. contrast, centering

Comment

Working...
                                X