• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline soft (but ok for me)
    2. ok for me
    3. contrast, centering
    1. Will give a smidgen of sharpening and upload.
    2. Will join the que tonight
    3. Unfixable? To be honest, I did half expect this as the cloud had started rolling in. I do have another shot from the sequence but would 2 different shots in the same sequence, after 1 being deemed unfixable, be classed as similar for pre-screening?

Comment

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
      3. Unfixable? To be honest, I did half expect this as the cloud had started rolling in. I do have another shot from the sequence but would 2 different shots in the same sequence, after 1 being deemed unfixable, be classed as similar for pre-screening?
      Possibly fixable. You can post the other if you prefer.

Comment

Possibly fixable. You can post the other if you prefer.
        Before abandoning the metaphorical ship, I've made an edit focusing on specific colors to try and boost the contrast. If still a no-go, I may try the other unless you have any advice in regards to editing the existing image?. I've also resharpened the nose shot. With the nose shot, is motive clear enough for upload?

Click image for larger version

Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 Contrast Redit (3 of 4).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	550.1 KB
ID:	1102083Click image for larger version

Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 Sharp Redit (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	662.0 KB
ID:	1102084

Comment

Before abandoning the metaphorical ship, I've made an edit focusing on specific colors to try and boost the contrast. If still a no-go, I may try the other unless you have any advice in regards to editing the existing image?. I've also resharpened the nose shot. With the nose shot, is motive clear enough for upload?

Click image for larger version

Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 Contrast Redit (3 of 4).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	550.1 KB
ID:	1102083Click image for larger version

Name:	9H-EAL A340-642 Sharp Redit (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	662.0 KB
ID:	1102084
          1. centering, borderline contrast/oversharpened
          2. sharpening ok now, but looking closer I see the engine is partially obstructed as well. You can get away with that for the nose gear, but any other area will be an issue.

Comment

1. centering, borderline contrast/oversharpened
            2. sharpening ok now, but looking closer I see the engine is partially obstructed as well. You can get away with that for the nose gear, but any other area will be an issue.
            1. Not sure where to go with the contrast to be honest. Any suggestions? Also, the centering, am I correct in saying too high in the frame?
            2. Well that's a kick in the teeth! Glad you caught it as you've saved me an upload slot. One for the personal collection then.

Comment

1. Not sure where to go with the contrast to be honest. Any suggestions? Also, the centering, am I correct in saying too high in the frame?
              2. Well that's a kick in the teeth! Glad you caught it as you've saved me an upload slot. One for the personal collection then.
              Contrast is too harsh, and yes airplane is centered too high in frame - you can make not much wrong when you center the windows to the middle of the frame (exceptions prove the rule).

Stay Safe!
              Best Regards from Germany,
              Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post

Contrast is too harsh, and yes airplane is centered too high in frame - you can make not much wrong when you center the windows to the middle of the frame (exceptions prove the rule).

Stay Safe!
                Ahhhh! I thought it was lacking contrast! I'll try lowering the contrast tonight. I do try to get the windows in the middle of the frame but I'm usually snapping at parked GA aircraft which have a lot less windows to use as reference!

Comment

Evening JP Team!

Okay, I've now tried to dull down the contrast through various methods. I've also centered the frame based off of the windows (the angle is a tad sharp). I also have the first batch of photos of CT-01 during her visit to CWL for training today. A full body shot of the rollout, a nose shot (not from the same frame, from the 2nd landing after a fence clipped the tail) and an airborne shot.

Edit: I'm not entirely sure how I missed it but I do believe the A400 side shot might be vignetted despite the crop. Not sure how I've managed to miss that but I think it might be a shadow from the fenceline. I'll take a look for a better image tomorrow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9H-EAL Sharp Cont Cent (1 of 1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	532.6 KB ID:	1102160Click image for larger version  Name:	CT-01 Atlas A400M (3 of 3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	535.6 KB ID:	1102161Click image for larger version  Name:	CT-01 Atlas A400M (2 of 3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	558.7 KB ID:	1102162Click image for larger version  Name:	CT-01 Atlas A400M (1 of 3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	664.7 KB ID:	1102163

Comment

Evening JP Team!

Okay, I've now tried to dull down the contrast through various methods. I've also centered the frame based off of the windows (the angle is a tad sharp). I also have the first batch of photos of CT-01 during her visit to CWL for training today. A full body shot of the rollout, a nose shot (not from the same frame, from the 2nd landing after a fence clipped the tail) and an airborne shot.

Edit: I'm not entirely sure how I missed it but I do believe the A400 side shot might be vignetted despite the crop. Not sure how I've managed to miss that but I think it might be a shadow from the fenceline. I'll take a look for a better image tomorrow.

Click image for larger version Name:	9H-EAL Sharp Cont Cent (1 of 1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	532.6 KB ID:	1102160Click image for larger version Name:	CT-01 Atlas A400M (3 of 3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	535.6 KB ID:	1102161Click image for larger version Name:	CT-01 Atlas A400M (2 of 3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	558.7 KB ID:	1102162Click image for larger version Name:	CT-01 Atlas A400M (1 of 3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	664.7 KB ID:	1102163
                    1. contrast
                    2-4. similar

Comment

1. contrast
                      2-4. similar
                      1. Okay, I don't think that image will work. Back to the image repository for a better shot!
                      2 - 4. I'm not sure why they would all class as similar? I understand the nose shot vs the side on but neither of those vs the airborne shot? I'm not arguing, 8 just don't understand

Either way, if I rule out 4 (vignetting rejection I think) would the nose shot and airborne shot still be too similar for a pre-screen?

Comment

2 - 4. I'm not sure why they would all class as similar? I understand the nose shot vs the side on but neither of those vs the airborne shot? I'm not arguing, 8 just don't understand

Either way, if I rule out 4 (vignetting rejection I think) would the nose shot and airborne shot still be too similar for a pre-screen?
                        Are they not from the same sequence?

Comment

Are they not from the same sequence?
                          The nose/side shot are during the landing roll out of a TnG and the airborne is from the take off. Honestly, it depends on whether you consider a TnG as one sequence or 2 linked sequences (The Touch and The Go).

​​​​

Comment

The nose/side shot are during the landing roll out of a TnG and the airborne is from the take off. Honestly, it depends on whether you consider a TnG as one sequence or 2 linked sequences (The Touch and The Go).

​​​​
                            So yes, same sequence. All three shots are similar.

Comment

So yes, same sequence. All three shots are similar.
                              Okay fair enough. Can I have feedback on the nose shot please? That's my preferred of the 3

Edit: Would similar also apply to the flyby that was performed following the above 2 sequences?

Comment

Okay fair enough. Can I have feedback on the nose shot please? That's my preferred of the 3
                                Soft/blurry/noisy

Edit: Would similar also apply to the flyby that was performed following the above 2 sequences?
                                In the air/on the ground usually not similar if from different sequences, but couldn't say without seeing the images in question.

Comment

Working...
                                X