Pre-screening Advice for LewisW295 Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Evening/Morning/Ungodly hour

I had this rejection the other day and I've revisited the overexposure and softness. I'm not sure if this would now be a contrast rejection though?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36357.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	542.8 KB
ID:	1103709

Comment

• Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
      Good Evening/Morning/Ungodly hour

I had this rejection the other day and I've revisited the overexposure and softness. I'm not sure if this would now be a contrast rejection though?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	image_36357.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	542.8 KB
ID:	1103709
      Yeah, the problem is you've got more light hitting the building in the background than the aircraft. Not sure how you will be able to adjust for one without over/under compensating for the other. Maybe better to try with one from a little later in the sequence?

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Yeah, the problem is you've got more light hitting the building in the background than the aircraft. Not sure how you will be able to adjust for one without over/under compensating for the other. Maybe better to try with one from a little later in the sequence?
        I'll have to take a look through the images from that day. There was a much better image but it was obstructed. I've been a tad ruthless in my rejections recently though so I may have to see if there's another workable one.

Also, a question. Purple fringing.... Avoidable or just to be accepted and fixed in processing? Some of my images have horrible fringing.

Comment

I'll have to take a look through the images from that day. There was a much better image but it was obstructed. I've been a tad ruthless in my rejections recently though so I may have to see if there's another workable one.

Also, a question. Purple fringing.... Avoidable or just to be accepted and fixed in processing? Some of my images have horrible fringing.
          It would be easier to answer that, if we could see an example.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

It would be easier to answer that, if we could see an example.
            Admittedly, it's less since I've taken the time to try and properly set up Av mode for aviation and moved to RAW files. Would a completely unedited raw file be allowed to be posted here to give an example? Usually happens in brighter coloured aircraft (clean whites or reflective surfaces).

Comment

Admittedly, it's less since I've taken the time to try and properly set up Av mode for aviation and moved to RAW files. Would a completely unedited raw file be allowed to be posted here to give an example? Usually happens in brighter coloured aircraft (clean whites or reflective surfaces).
              if you want us to pre-screen a photo, please post the photo you intend to upload. A RAW photo will not be pre-screened.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

if you want us to pre-screen a photo, please post the photo you intend to upload. A RAW photo will not be pre-screened.
                It wouldn't be for pre-screening, it would be just to show you the purple fringing as mentioned above. Or would that be better posted in another thread? One of the first things I do in my workflow is eliminate images with excessive fringing but I still keep the unedited file on my HD.

Comment

It wouldn't be for pre-screening, it would be just to show you the purple fringing as mentioned above. Or would that be better posted in another thread? One of the first things I do in my workflow is eliminate images with excessive fringing but I still keep the unedited file on my HD.
                  If you're not asking for prescreening, that's fine.

Comment

If you're not asking for prescreening, that's fine.
                    It wouldn't be. It would be completely unedited and just for feedback on whether my purple fringing is normal or excessive.

Still appropriate to poet that image here?

Comment

It wouldn't be. It would be completely unedited and just for feedback on whether my purple fringing is normal or excessive.

Still appropriate to poet that image here?
                      Yes, as I said, that's fine.

Comment

Yes, as I said, that's fine.
                        I'll do some digging on the subject first to see if I can turn up some useful information!

I do have some images for perusal....

1. Would this still be overexposed? The exposure seems a lot better to me now personally but I'm still not sure if this is correct. According to the histogram, this is mildly underexposed but my eyeball says it seems correct.
                        2. The sharpening has been amended but I'm not sure if I've now oversharpened it? I can't see anything obviously wrong with this now otherwise.
                        3/4. Too much of a lack of contrast? Both had sunlight from behind me. I also think the Diamond may be at risk due to the glare?

Name:	IMG_1074.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	668.1 KB
ID:	1103984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	640.0 KB
ID:	1103985Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1228.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	455.0 KB
ID:	1103983Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1256.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	1103982

Comment

I'll do some digging on the subject first to see if I can turn up some useful information!

I do have some images for perusal....

1. Would this still be overexposed? The exposure seems a lot better to me now personally but I'm still not sure if this is correct. According to the histogram, this is mildly underexposed but my eyeball says it seems correct.
                          2. The sharpening has been amended but I'm not sure if I've now oversharpened it? I can't see anything obviously wrong with this now otherwise.
                          3/4. Too much of a lack of contrast? Both had sunlight from behind me. I also think the Diamond may be at risk due to the glare?

Name:	IMG_1074.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	668.1 KB
ID:	1103984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	640.0 KB
ID:	1103985Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1228.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	455.0 KB
ID:	1103983Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1256.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	1103982
                          1. outside visible through the hangar door is blown out. Not sure if that's fixable.
                          2. sharpening looks ok; maybe a bit bright.
                          3. editing halos visible.
                          4. very soft. probably not fixable.

Comment

1. outside visible through the hangar door is blown out. Not sure if that's fixable.
                            2. sharpening looks ok; maybe a bit bright.
                            3. editing halos visible.
                            4. very soft. probably not fixable.
                            1/4. Okiedokie, I shall scrpw those two. I'll adjust 2 and 3 and then upload them. Thanks bud.

Comment

• Hi all,

Can I get your thoughts on this one please? Lighting wasn't fantastic and not sure if I've oversharpened it.

Name:	IMG_1540.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	745.0 KB
ID:	1107920
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

Can I get your thoughts on this one please? Lighting wasn't fantastic and not sure if I've oversharpened it.

Name:	IMG_1540.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	745.0 KB
ID:	1107920
                                Looks a bit dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X