Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Looks a bit dark.
    Admittedly, the lighting wasn't the best for this shot. I've had a fiddle with the brightness and I think this is more along the lines of what it should be for lighting. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1540.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	774.5 KB
ID:	1107956

Comment

• Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post

Admittedly, the lighting wasn't the best for this shot. I've had a fiddle with the brightness and I think this is more along the lines of what it should be for lighting. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1540.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	774.5 KB
ID:	1107956
      Borderline contrast, but would be acceptable for me.

Comment

Borderline contrast, but would be acceptable for me.
        Okiedokie. I shall bear that in mind Thanks buddy.

Comment

• Hi all,

I have these 4 images kicking about on my editor at the moment. These weren't originally going to even be uploaded but the edits have turned out better than I thought. All 4 were taken on less than ideal days. Would these be instant contrast failures? OE-FNP and ZM326 are the better ones by far in the original images and I'm hoping the editing may of saved them a little bit.

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1187.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	565.5 KB
ID:	1108036Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1525.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	566.9 KB
ID:	1108037Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1193.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	545.5 KB
ID:	1108038Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1528.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	708.3 KB
ID:	1108039

Comment

Hi all,

I have these 4 images kicking about on my editor at the moment. These weren't originally going to even be uploaded but the edits have turned out better than I thought. All 4 were taken on less than ideal days. Would these be instant contrast failures? OE-FNP and ZM326 are the better ones by far in the original images and I'm hoping the editing may of saved them a little bit.
            1. borderline contrast
            2. dark, contrast
            3-4. borderline dark/contrast

Comment

1. borderline contrast
              2. dark, contrast
              3-4. borderline dark/contrast
              1, 3-4 - I'll boost the exposure and add a little more contrast.

For 2, can you offer any advice for editing pictures of black aircraft?

Thanks in advance
              ​​​

Comment

For 2, can you offer any advice for editing pictures of black aircraft?
                Brighten it as much as you can without clipping any other part of the frame.

Comment

Brighten it as much as you can without clipping any other part of the frame.
                  Thanks bud. May not be worth trying to save then. Just a quick query on this one image, would this be obstructed at the far wing tip on the right hand side of the image? I think it'll be a contrast failure anyway. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-CHMR EMBRAER EMB145.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	1108134

Comment

Thanks bud. May not be worth trying to save then. Just a quick query on this one image, would this be obstructed at the far wing tip on the right hand side of the image? I think it'll be a contrast failure anyway. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-CHMR EMBRAER EMB145.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	1108134
                    Looks like the vehicle is behind the wing? If so, no obstruction, but yes, contrast would definitely be an issue.

Comment

Looks like the vehicle is behind the wing? If so, no obstruction, but yes, contrast would definitely be an issue.
                      Thanks bud. It's one of those awkward images where the more I stare at it, the worse it gets. Contrast isn't really going to be fixable here I don't think as if I add any more contrast, the image blows out and clips like hell.

Comment

• Evening all

3 I'd like a second look at tonight please!

Not sure if the Tomahawk may be oversaturated or too much contrast. It might even be right but I'm not sure. The two static shots, both contrast and softness (camera issue on the day totaled about 60 shots) and possibly motive/cutoff due to the angle I was working with.

Name:	G-BPES Piper PA-38-112 Tomahawk.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	724.0 KB
ID:	1108393

Name:	IMG_1068.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	630.3 KB
ID:	1108392Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	560.0 KB
ID:	1108391

Comment

Evening all

3 I'd like a second look at tonight please!

Not sure if the Tomahawk may be oversaturated or too much contrast. It might even be right but I'm not sure. The two static shots, both contrast and softness (camera issue on the day totaled about 60 shots) and possibly motive/cutoff due to the angle I was working with.
                          1. borderline contrast
                          2. horizon (CCW), borderline compression
                          3. soft, compression

Compression either from your camera or too much NR applied afterwards.

Comment

1. borderline contrast
                            2. horizon (CCW), borderline compression
                            3. soft, compression

Compression either from your camera or too much NR applied afterwards.
                            Ah. Might be noise reduction/luminance from LR on 2/3. Worth trying to save in your opinion? With 1, is that perhaps too harsh on the contrast?

I also have this from a walk this morning. Perhaps soft and poor angle? Taken on an 18mm....

Name:	EC-LQP 2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	1108427

Comment

Ah. Might be noise reduction/luminance from LR on 2/3. Worth trying to save in your opinion? With 1, is that perhaps too harsh on the contrast?

I also have this from a walk this morning. Perhaps soft and poor angle? Taken on an 18mm....

Name:	EC-LQP 2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	1108427
                              I'm not screener but in my opinion it is not soft and the angle looks also fine. The main problem is the contrast given by the poor light of overcast days, not fixable iŽd say.

Regards!
                              Pablo Gonzalez de Leon

Comment

Ah. Might be noise reduction/luminance from LR on 2/3. Worth trying to save in your opinion?
                                Might be fixable.

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
                                With 1, is that perhaps too harsh on the contrast?
                                Just flat light from the cloudy conditions.

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
                                Angle is fine, but very poor light, so probably not fixable.

Comment

Working...
                                X