X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hi,

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I just had this one rejected for overprocessed/bad post processing. I've checked for my immediate thought of halos but can't find any. I understand it was a borderline contrast rejection but if any insight to the above can be offered then that would be epic.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Editing halos.

No.
    Ah epic. I'll make some adjustments. Not sure what I've done to introduce halos however so I'll correct it and equalise to check.

I'll fix the exposure and upload for the Tornado.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post

1. Okay, can I ask what's causing the overprocessed look for this one?
    Editing halos.

Would this be considered backlit though?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. overprocessed, borderline harsh contrast
    2. overexposed
    1. Okay, can I ask what's causing the overprocessed look for this one?
    2. Will rectify the exposure. Would this be considered backlit though? That's the main concern for me on this.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Okay. so, both of these are my primary concerns at the moment. I've re-edited the Police helicopter but I'm not sure if it's still too dark. With the Tornado, it has both backlight and frontlight. Would this be classed as backlit/bad motive? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0821.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	575.3 KB
ID:	1103435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1074.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	1103434
    1. overprocessed, borderline harsh contrast
    2. overexposed

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Okay. so, both of these are my primary concerns at the moment. I've re-edited the Police helicopter but I'm not sure if it's still too dark. With the Tornado, it has both backlight and frontlight. Would this be classed as backlit/bad motive? Click image for larger version

Views:	83
ID:	1103435Click image for larger version

Views:	99
ID:	1103434

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

Best to post again, but also to read here first, both my original post and the follow up:

You can post as many images as you like, as often as you like but the more you do (number of images and times) the less likely you are to get a response.
    Point taken. I'll try to be more concise in my requests in future posts and stick to ones with possible issues or concerns. Admittedly, the impression I had was that I should be pre-screening things before placing them in the que to make sure I didn't bloat the que with rejections.

4 of the 5 posted the other night have specific issues I'd like to get advice on but I'll be more judicial with my requests in future.

My apologies.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Ouch. Fair enough. Should I wait for them to be prescreened or will I need to reupload?
    Best to post again, but also to read here first, both my original post and the follow up:

You can post as many images as you like, as often as you like but the more you do (number of images and times) the less likely you are to get a response.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Ouch. Fair enough. Should I wait for them to be prescreened or will I need to reupload?

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied

Hi there,

I've still got 5 images waiting for pre-screen but I'm presuming I need to wait til they're done before I can upload others for pre-screening?
    1) you posted the 5 photos a bit too early
    2) and yes, don't post more photos, until these have been pre-screened.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. ok for me
    2. overprocessed, contrast (too strong)
    Hi there,

I've still got 5 images waiting for pre-screen but I'm presuming I need to wait til they're done before I can upload others for pre-screening?

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Apologies to ask but even if there's no reply, am I still able to upload another few this evening? Not sure if that would break the 24hr rule.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Okay, another 5 up for your perusal! The Tornado and Sea Prince are the most questionable of the bunch. The Sea Prince was .... challenging to edit as it sits in one of the murkier parts of the museum. And the Tornado.... it's very well lit from this perspective but the hangar door behind it casts a very strong light. I personally think this adds quite a nice perspective. The starboard rear flank is undoubtedly the darkest part of the museum however.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	560.0 KB
ID:	1103203
    Click image for larger version

Views:	73
ID:	1103205Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	630.3 KB
ID:	1103206Click image for larger version

Views:	74
ID:	1103207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1025.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	575.8 KB
ID:	1103204

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. ok for me
    1. I'll upload once I remember/find the reg
    2. I'll dampen it down tonight and post back up
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Good Evening (presumably) Dlowwa,

Could you have a look at these two? One you've seen before, the heli, maybe not. The helicopter was caught in low sun but I'm assuming the angle is fine anyway and not backlit by JP standards? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	868.3 KB
ID:	1103145Click image for larger version

Views:	84
Size:	610.6 KB
ID:	1103144
    1. ok for me

Leave a comment:

Working...