X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

You'll have to be a little more specific.
    N142TW, I uploaded it but the resolution was out. Before it went through screening, I cleaned out my useless LRC images and accidentally got rid of the main copy.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post

Hey,

Due to me being a massive tit and accidentally deleting the image from lightroom, would you mind pre-screening this one again in the future? The rejection isn't fixable as it was a crop issue. If not then I completely understand as it would be an entirely fresh edit from the base file.
    You'll have to be a little more specific.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

4. acceptable for me
    Hey,

Due to me being a massive tit and accidentally deleting the image from lightroom, would you mind pre-screening this one again in the future? The rejection isn't fixable as it was a crop issue. If not then I completely understand as it would be an entirely fresh edit from the base file.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Selective sharpening itself does not produce oversharpening. It depends on the sharpening settings.
    Ah okay, guess it's something I will have to play with and "eyeball". Thanks bud

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Note to self. Always check the bleeding crop values!

Anyway, just a quick question regarding selective sharpening... Does this tend to give an oversharpened look? Haven't been on LRC for a while but looking to up my sharpening game!

​​​

​​​
    Selective sharpening itself does not produce oversharpening. It depends on the sharpening settings.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Note to self. Always check the bleeding crop values!

Anyway, just a quick question regarding selective sharpening... Does this tend to give an oversharpened look? Haven't been on LRC for a while but looking to up my sharpening game!

​​​

​​​

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

For me? No. Not that interesting a photo. But if you have reasons to, go for it.
    It's interesting for me but would probably require more effort than it's worth JP.

​​​

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

1. Worth trying to fix in your opinion?
    ​​​​​
    For me? No. Not that interesting a photo. But if you have reasons to, go for it.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. borderline soft/blurry/compression
    2. soft/blurry, noisy, color, obstruction. Not fixable.
    1. Worth trying to fix in your opinion?
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi JP crew,

Can I get a pre-screen on these 2 shots please? Not too sure if I've over-processed/sharpened one and not sure the other is sharp enough. Also, I don't believe they are similar as they were taken during different stages of the arrival. One horrific angle of the dirty side during the rollout and one during taxi. The taxi shot had the wingtips intentionally clipped as they blew the image slightly out of proportion and left it looking low and small in the shot. Click image for larger version Name:	G-VIIE 777-236 (1 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	633.3 KB ID:	1101619

Click image for larger version Name:	G-VIIE 777-236 (3 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	646.6 KB ID:	1101621
    1. borderline soft/blurry/compression
    2. soft/blurry, noisy, color, obstruction. Not fixable.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hi JP crew,

Can I get a pre-screen on these 2 shots please? Not too sure if I've over-processed/sharpened one and not sure the other is sharp enough. Also, I don't believe they are similar as they were taken during different stages of the arrival. One horrific angle of the dirty side during the rollout and one during taxi. The taxi shot had the wingtips intentionally clipped as they blew the image slightly out of proportion and left it looking low and small in the shot. Click image for larger version  Name:	G-VIIE 777-236  (1 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	633.3 KB ID:	1101619

Click image for larger version  Name:	G-VIIE 777-236  (3 of 4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	646.6 KB ID:	1101621
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Click image for larger version Name:	20201025-G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II.jpg Views:	0 Size:	639.3 KB ID:	1101516

3. Oops! Apologies for that error! Now with the correct horizon.

Assuming the cover isn't an obstruction rejection, this would still count as a normal day photo as the sun hadn't quite dipped below the horizon?
    No, this is a night shot. Please read here: 2.2 Categories - Night Shots "This category should apply for photos taken at dawn, dusk and night. For Dusk and Dawn photos these should show a red-orange glow and long shadows. Dusk or dawn shots where the aircraft is a silhouette in front of a rising or setting sun would be a time where backlit photos are acceptable and Night Shot would apply."

So that you may answer any questions you have about categories yourself.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1-2. ok for me
    3. horizon
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025-G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II.jpg Views:	0 Size:	639.3 KB ID:	1101516

3. Oops! Apologies for that error! Now with the correct horizon.

Assuming the cover isn't an obstruction rejection, this would still count as a normal day photo as the sun hadn't quite dipped below the horizon?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

1. Reduced the sharpening and double checked the masking was correct. Rebalanced the colours (I forgot to adjust the whites and underexposed it) and removed the fringing around the cockpit. I also reduced my export sharpening to standard instead of high.
    2. reduced the sharpening and luminance settings.
    3. Binned for now. I'll come back to that in a few months with a fresh edit.

I also have a new one. Not much of anything really done except some sharpening and a quick, rough crop. Would the cover be classed as obstruction?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026-IMG_0655.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	625.6 KB
ID:	1101505Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026-IMG_0665.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	1101506Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025-G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	639.7 KB
ID:	1101504
    1-2. ok for me
    3. horizon

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

1. oversharpened, color, dark/contrast
    2. borderline oversharpened
    3. cropping/ratio, color, oversharpened. Not going to comment on this one again.
    1. Reduced the sharpening and double checked the masking was correct. Rebalanced the colours (I forgot to adjust the whites and underexposed it) and removed the fringing around the cockpit. I also reduced my export sharpening to standard instead of high.
    2. reduced the sharpening and luminance settings.
    3. Binned for now. I'll come back to that in a few months with a fresh edit.

I also have a new one. Not much of anything really done except some sharpening and a quick, rough crop. Would the cover be classed as obstruction?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026-IMG_0655.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	625.6 KB
ID:	1101505Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026-IMG_0665.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	1101506Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025-G-OPET PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	639.7 KB