Pre-screening advice - p_nilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This would be rejected for cropping/ratio, too far, and possibly overprocessing (light halos visible).
    What sort of cropping ratio should I aim for?

Comment

Originally posted by p_nilly View Post

What sort of cropping ratio should I aim for?

1.3 Image Formats

Comment

Alright, thanks

What were these rejected for? Was it halos or overdone noise reduction? (or something else?)

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Alright, thanks

What were these rejected for? Was it halos or overdone noise reduction? (or something else?)

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8704226
          The former.

Comment

A pre screen on this one, please? Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6147-Edit.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	684.8 KB
ID:	1105865

Comment

A pre screen on this one, please? Thanks in advance
              Rejected: soft/blurry, dark, noisy.

Comment

I'm losing confidence in what I'm doing with these older pics and I'm wondering if I'm seeing halos or not. Can I get a check on these two please?

Perhaps what's causing the halos is the sharpening? Since I'm barely touching highlights/shadows, I can almost rule that out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07773-Edit-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	443.9 KB ID:	1106004

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07771-Edit-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	464.2 KB ID:	1106003

Comment

I'm losing confidence in what I'm doing with these older pics and I'm wondering if I'm seeing halos or not. Can I get a check on these two please?

Perhaps what's causing the halos is the sharpening? Since I'm barely touching highlights/shadows, I can almost rule that out.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC07773-Edit-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	443.9 KB ID:	1106004

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC07771-Edit-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	464.2 KB ID:	1106003
                  Yes, there seem to be some editing effects visible.. on the first, the center is much brighter than the rest of the frame (might also simply be vignetting in this case); the second has some more 'traditional' halos around the aircraft, though they are rather faint. Couldn't say for certain whether either would cause a rejection, but it is possible.

Comment

Yes, there seem to be some editing effects visible.. on the first, the center is much brighter than the rest of the frame (might also simply be vignetting in this case); the second has some more 'traditional' halos around the aircraft, though they are rather faint. Couldn't say for certain whether either would cause a rejection, but it is possible.
                    Might be from pushing the whites up to get the histogram stretched perhaps? As for the vignetting, I'll have a look into that a bit more. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I've had this one rejected three times for varying reasons, but I'm not sure which area the compression is affecting?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comment

I've had this one rejected three times for varying reasons, but I'm not sure which area the compression is affecting?

Any help would be much appreciated!
                        Looks like it was taken with a camera with a small sensor. I'm guessing not a DSLR? If so, might be difficult to fix the issue, since it's an inherent quality of the sensor/camera.

Comment

Looks like it was taken with a camera with a small sensor. I'm guessing not a DSLR? If so, might be difficult to fix the issue, since it's an inherent quality of the sensor/camera.
                          Yeah, not a DSLR. the tiny-sensored Sony WX350.

I've been generally okay getting the other pics from this camera in, this particular shot just seems to be having some issues.

Comment

Can I get a pre-screen on these two?

Can never get it looking quite right with the small planes

Name:	IMG_7199-Edit.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	711.3 KB
ID:	1109732

Name:	IMG_7085-Edit.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	616.1 KB
ID:	1109731

Comment

Can I get a pre-screen on these two?

Can never get it looking quite right with the small planes
                              Quality looks ok to me.

Comment

Hello,

Can I get a pre-screen on this? Mainly worried about obstruction near the wheels

Name:	IMG_8326-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1117300

Comment

Working...
                                X