Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Also, this was just rejected. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8550900
    previosuly rejected for just being oversharpened. so how does another screener see it as soft and too much contrast. Personally i dont see an issue with contrast, its just a black night sky against a white fuselage. Also its 1920px and is very sharp (clearly so if a previous screener deemed it oversharpened). Is it possible to get some feedback as i know you're a senior screener

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post
      Also, this was just rejected. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8550900
      previosuly rejected for just being oversharpened. so how does another screener see it as soft and too much contrast. Personally i dont see an issue with contrast, its just a black night sky against a white fuselage. Also its 1920px and is very sharp (clearly so if a previous screener deemed it oversharpened). Is it possible to get some feedback as i know you're a senior screener
      The photo does indeed look soft. Without knowing the original photo, I think it is slightly out of focus. Now, you can try to correct it, by using more aggressive sharpening, which will then make the photo look oversharpened.

      The photo has a harsh contrast, with clipped highlights and shadows.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

        The photo does indeed look soft. Without knowing the original photo, I think it is slightly out of focus. Now, you can try to correct it, by using more aggressive sharpening, which will then make the photo look oversharpened.

        The photo has a harsh contrast, with clipped highlights and shadows.
        So you would suggest to just leave it and not bother trying again?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post

          So you would suggest to just leave it and not bother trying again?
          would have been better than to appeal anyway.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

          Comment


          • #20
            Hello guys, just wondering if this would be deemed similar. I know both of these shots are of the left hand side of the aircraft but the composition is very different and they're taken 10 months apart. Also, it says that if photos are significantly better they will be a chance of being accepted, my shot i have of JQL in the db was my first ever upload and is quite soft compared to this shot. So with all that considered do you think this shot (attached) is still similar or different enough to get accepted? Thanks very much
            https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9569240
            Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5801.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	744.2 KB
ID:	1102172

            Comment


            • #21
              I've just received this rejection https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8581313

              1. where is the bad colouring?
              2. any more contrast resulted in black and white clipping, so do i just ignore the histogram and bump up the contrast?

              thank you

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post
                Hello guys, just wondering if this would be deemed similar. I know both of these shots are of the left hand side of the aircraft but the composition is very different and they're taken 10 months apart. Also, it says that if photos are significantly better they will be a chance of being accepted, my shot i have of JQL in the db was my first ever upload and is quite soft compared to this shot. So with all that considered do you think this shot (attached) is still similar or different enough to get accepted? Thanks very much
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9569240
                Click image for larger version  Name:	_02A5801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	744.2 KB ID:	1102172
                10 months apart... yeah, should be different enough to avoid a rejection for similar.

                Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post
                I've just received this rejection https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8581313

                1. where is the bad colouring?
                2. any more contrast resulted in black and white clipping, so do i just ignore the histogram and bump up the contrast?

                thank you
                I'm assuming the aircraft is supposed to be at least somewhat white, not yellow?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                  10 months apart... yeah, should be different enough to avoid a rejection for similar.



                  I'm assuming the aircraft is supposed to be at least somewhat white, not yellow?


                  Ok thanks for that. Right.. i see it now... i've fixed up the white balance, is the new shot any better? and is the contrast ok?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6183.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	715.8 KB
ID:	1102184

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post



                    Ok thanks for that. Right.. i see it now... i've fixed up the white balance, is the new shot any better? and is the contrast ok?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6183.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	715.8 KB
ID:	1102184
                    Color looks acceptable, contrast still borderline. Overcast skies, going to be difficult to make it much better.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Just another "similar" question. These were shot on the same day and they are both on the RH side of a/c but surely this would not be deemed similar as the composition is very different also because is one taxiing, and another is on the runway. Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6453.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	640.9 KB
ID:	1102383Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6423.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1102384

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post
                        Just another "similar" question. These were shot on the same day and they are both on the RH side of a/c but surely this would not be deemed similar as the composition is very different also because is one taxiing, and another is on the runway. Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6453.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	640.9 KB
ID:	1102383Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6423.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1102384
                        Yes, similar.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          Yes, similar.
                          is that because both RH side of a/c?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post

                            is that because both RH side of a/c?
                            Correct.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              So these two are fine because LH and RH side of aircraft? Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5826.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1102400Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5812.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1102401

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post
                                So these two are fine because LH and RH side of aircraft? Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5826.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1102400Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5812.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1102401
                                If by 'fine' you mean not similar, that is correct.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X