X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post
    Hey, could I please get some advice with regards to the contrast in this image. Is this contrast acceptable? Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025-_02A5415.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	1104193
    Contrast looks acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    Hey, could I please get some advice with regards to the contrast in this image. Is this contrast acceptable? Thanks

Name:	20201025-_02A5415.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	1104193

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Yep. I'm yet to remove dust spots..
    1200px

Name:	20201121-_02A7668.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	567.5 KB
ID:	1103763
    Not similar, but it is backlit, so not likely to be accepted in any case.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Depends. Could you post it here?
    Yep. I'm yet to remove dust spots..
    1200px

Name:	20201121-_02A7668.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	567.5 KB
ID:	1103763

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied

If I got a photo of LH side of helicopter would that be not similar. Even if same day/same location?
    Depends. Could you post it here?

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Yes, definitely similar.
    If I got a photo of LH side of helicopter would that be not similar. Even if same day/same location?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I personally would say this is "not similar" as its a head on, not RH side of a/c which I already have one in the db from this location. I also say "not similar" because the composition is different and this shot also has a water drop involved. Would you deem this "similar" if you were screening it? (Same day, same location) https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9939113
    Click image for larger version Name:	20201121-_02A7853.jpg Views:	0 Size:	517.9 KB ID:	1103711
    Yes, definitely similar.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    I personally would say this is "not similar" as its a head on, not RH side of a/c which I already have one in the db from this location. I also say "not similar" because the composition is different and this shot also has a water drop involved. Would you deem this "similar" if you were screening it? (Same day, same location) https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9939113
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20201121-_02A7853.jpg Views:	0 Size:	517.9 KB ID:	1103711

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Is the mustache in enough light to be accepted, as well as enough of a side on for fr24? Click image for larger version

Name:	20201121-_02A7655.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1103353
    Borderline soft.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    Is the mustache in enough light to be accepted, as well as enough of a side on for fr24? Click image for larger version

Name:	20201121-_02A7655.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1103353

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied

Best, but doesn't need to be. We generally exclude head-on shots, but anything 3/4 or more should be ok. And if you're going for hot because of the change to the livery, the change actually needs to be clearly visible, and in both the images you've posted above the mustache sticker is completely obscured by shadow. If you have a different angle where both the change (mustache) is clearly visible, as well as the rest of the heli, you should be good to go for hot screening.
    The issue with the mustache is that it is located where it is in shadow 99% of the time.. so getting it well lit is very unlikey

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

I didn't realise that getting it hot would mean fr24...it didn't click. For me to be able to get this accepted as hot would the best angle be a full side on?
    Best, but doesn't need to be. We generally exclude head-on shots, but anything 3/4 or more should be ok. And if you're going for hot because of the change to the livery, the change actually needs to be clearly visible, and in both the images you've posted above the mustache sticker is completely obscured by shadow. If you have a different angle where both the change (mustache) is clearly visible, as well as the rest of the heli, you should be good to go for hot screening.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied

Again, from this angle the change is really hard to see, though the angle is slightly better for FR24 use overall - but since you don't care about that, why does it need to be hot? If you don't need to have it screened immediately, then why not pick your preferred angle and wait? It seems to me that you do care about getting it screened as hot for FR24 since you've selected a better angle..I'm just having trouble reconciling the fact you said you don't care, yet this seems to say otherwise.
    I didn't realise that getting it hot would mean fr24...it didn't click. For me to be able to get this accepted as hot would the best angle be a full side on?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Sorry for coming across rude in my previous post, i appreciate the feedback. Taking that on board would this image be more suitable?
    Again, from this angle the change is really hard to see, though the angle is slightly better for FR24 use overall - but since you don't care about that, why does it need to be hot? If you don't need to have it screened immediately, then why not pick your preferred angle and wait? It seems to me that you do care about getting it screened as hot for FR24 since you've selected a better angle..I'm just having trouble reconciling the fact you said you don't care, yet this seems to say otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    Sorry for coming across rude in my previous post, i appreciate the feedback. Taking that on board would this image be more suitable? Click image for larger version

Name:	20201121-_02A7867.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1103339

Leave a comment:

Working...
X