X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This one is more subjective. Technically similar, but the angle is not quite the same, nor the light. If there were enough time (months or years) between the shots, would not be similar for me.
    7 months apart, is that enough time between shots to be not similar, in your opinion. I thought light was irrelevant with regards to "similar"?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post
    These are both LH side of a/c but different composition. Would that mean not similar? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9685043 Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5739.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1102632
    This one is more subjective. Technically similar, but the angle is not quite the same, nor the light. If there were enough time (months or years) between the shots, would not be similar for me.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    These are both LH side of a/c but different composition. Would that mean not similar? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9685043 Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5739.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1102632

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    So these two are fine because LH and RH side of aircraft? Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5826.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1102400Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5812.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1102401
    If by 'fine' you mean not similar, that is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    So these two are fine because LH and RH side of aircraft? Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5826.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1102400Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A5812.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1102401

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

is that because both RH side of a/c?
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied

Yes, similar.
    is that because both RH side of a/c?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Just another "similar" question. These were shot on the same day and they are both on the RH side of a/c but surely this would not be deemed similar as the composition is very different also because is one taxiing, and another is on the runway. Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6453.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	640.9 KB
ID:	1102383Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6423.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1102384
    Yes, similar.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    Just another "similar" question. These were shot on the same day and they are both on the RH side of a/c but surely this would not be deemed similar as the composition is very different also because is one taxiing, and another is on the runway. Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6453.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	640.9 KB
ID:	1102383Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6423.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1102384

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Ok thanks for that. Right.. i see it now... i've fixed up the white balance, is the new shot any better? and is the contrast ok?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	_02A6183.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	715.8 KB
ID:	1102184
    Color looks acceptable, contrast still borderline. Overcast skies, going to be difficult to make it much better.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied

10 months apart... yeah, should be different enough to avoid a rejection for similar.

I'm assuming the aircraft is supposed to be at least somewhat white, not yellow?

Ok thanks for that. Right.. i see it now... i've fixed up the white balance, is the new shot any better? and is the contrast ok?

Name:	_02A6183.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	715.8 KB
ID:	1102184

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello guys, just wondering if this would be deemed similar. I know both of these shots are of the left hand side of the aircraft but the composition is very different and they're taken 10 months apart. Also, it says that if photos are significantly better they will be a chance of being accepted, my shot i have of JQL in the db was my first ever upload and is quite soft compared to this shot. So with all that considered do you think this shot (attached) is still similar or different enough to get accepted? Thanks very much
    VH-JQL. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Click image for larger version  Name:	_02A5801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	744.2 KB ID:	1102172
    10 months apart... yeah, should be different enough to avoid a rejection for similar.

I've just received this rejection https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8581313

1. where is the bad colouring?
    2. any more contrast resulted in black and white clipping, so do i just ignore the histogram and bump up the contrast?

thank you
    I'm assuming the aircraft is supposed to be at least somewhat white, not yellow?

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    I've just received this rejection https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8581313

1. where is the bad colouring?
    2. any more contrast resulted in black and white clipping, so do i just ignore the histogram and bump up the contrast?

thank you

Leave a comment:

• Joel Baverstock
    replied
    Hello guys, just wondering if this would be deemed similar. I know both of these shots are of the left hand side of the aircraft but the composition is very different and they're taken 10 months apart. Also, it says that if photos are significantly better they will be a chance of being accepted, my shot i have of JQL in the db was my first ever upload and is quite soft compared to this shot. So with all that considered do you think this shot (attached) is still similar or different enough to get accepted? Thanks very much
    VH-JQL. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	_02A5801.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	744.2 KB
ID:	1102172

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied

So you would suggest to just leave it and not bother trying again?
    would have been better than to appeal anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X