Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-screening advice

Could I please get some advice on this photo from a screener.
    1. I am concerned I will receive a "bad motive" rejection as the pilots can be seen in the image, however my dad is the co-pilot and I have received permission from my dad and the captain to post this photo (with them in it) so if I left a "comment to screener" saying I got permission to post would I bypass the "bad motive" rejection
    2. I am concerned about the overexposed outside, I have seen many cockpit photos where the outside is very white (as a result of getting the correct exposure in the cockpit). Is my image correctly exposed?
    Thank you very much and if there is any other issues you pick up on please let me know!
    Joel
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Joel Baverstock View Post
    Could I please get some advice on this photo from a screener.
    1. I am concerned I will receive a "bad motive" rejection as the pilots can be seen in the image, however my dad is the co-pilot and I have received permission from my dad and the captain to post this photo (with them in it) so if I left a "comment to screener" saying I got permission to post would I bypass the "bad motive" rejection
    2. I am concerned about the overexposed outside, I have seen many cockpit photos where the outside is very white (as a result of getting the correct exposure in the cockpit). Is my image correctly exposed?
    Thank you very much and if there is any other issues you pick up on please let me know!
    Joel
    Motive is fine, but yes there is an issue with the highlights being clipped, and the contrast being a bit low.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Motive is fine, but yes there is an issue with the highlights being clipped, and the contrast being a bit low.
      has the highlight clipping and contrast issues now been fixed?
      Attached Files

Comment

has the highlight clipping and contrast issues now been fixed?
        Better, but still borderline for contrast.

Comment

Could I please have some clarification with regards to "similar uploads" as I feel like the screening team is extremely inconsistent in this area. I have uploaded the same registration, at the same airport 3 times (2x taxi shots, 1x parked) however, i have had a parked and a taxi shot (same airport) rejected for "similar", how does this work...?

Comment

Could I please have some clarification with regards to "similar uploads" as I feel like the screening team is extremely inconsistent in this area. I have uploaded the same registration, at the same airport 3 times (2x taxi shots, 1x parked) however, i have had a parked and a taxi shot (same airport) rejected for "similar", how does this work...?
            Hi, please read here:

2.6 Similar

If you have any more specific questions after having done so, please feel free to ask.

Comment

Ok, but this is my issue with the similar rejection. It says that you cannot have a taxi/landing shot from the same day however, I have uploaded a taxi shot and a photo of the same aircraft in the same sequence lined up on the runway. I have done this multiple times however, sometimes they are accepted and sometimes they're not. It's just frustrating that there's no consistency

Comment

Ok, but this is my issue with the similar rejection. It says that you cannot have a taxi/landing shot from the same day however, I have uploaded a taxi shot and a photo of the same aircraft in the same sequence lined up on the runway. I have done this multiple times however, sometimes they are accepted and sometimes they're not. It's just frustrating that there's no consistency
                I doubt it, more likely you don't understand the guidelines completely. Can you provide an example of two images of yours of the same aircraft from the same sequence you believe might have been similar?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I doubt it, more likely you don't understand the guidelines completely. Can you provide an example of two images of yours of the same aircraft from the same sequence you believe might have been similar?
                  Bravo Alpha Hotel lined up on runway 03 at 17:23 hours for departure back to Doha. This was a freight only flight and was a rare daylight departure as the usual QR901 service normally departs from Perth at 22:50 hours. A7-BAH. Boeing 777-3DZER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

A7-BAH. Boeing 777-3DZER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

because after re reading the guidelines that should be considered similar, no? Yet I have had 2-3 of these sequences accepted. Yet a parked and a taxi shot are similar. It just has me quite confused as I feel like it depends on the screener

Comment

Bravo Alpha Hotel lined up on runway 03 at 17:23 hours for departure back to Doha. This was a freight only flight and was a rare daylight departure as the usual QR901 service normally departs from Perth at 22:50 hours. A7-BAH. Boeing 777-3DZER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

A7-BAH. Boeing 777-3DZER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

because after re reading the guidelines that should be considered similar, no?
                    No. These two images show different sides of the aircraft.

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

RFDS taxiing to runway 30. VH-OWY. Pilatus PC-12/47E. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

How is this similar then. One is parked and one is taxiing. In my opinion they're clearly very different

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8509932
                        RFDS taxiing to runway 30. VH-OWY. Pilatus PC-12/47E. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

How is this similar then. One is parked and one is taxiing. In my opinion they're clearly very different
                        Same side, both on the ground (same sequence). You can reasonably expect to get four images of any given airframe accepted - on the ground L/R side, and in the air L/R side. It is possible to have more than that, but the images would need to be significantly different both in composition, and date. The two images above have neither of those qualities.

Comment

Oh that clears it up very well than thanks so much

Comment

Am I able to get this checked for horizon? It's levelled to all vertical reference points in the background however, it looks unlevel. Would I be best to level to the runway and ignore vertical references?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Am I able to get this checked for horizon? It's levelled to all vertical reference points in the background however, it looks unlevel. Would I be best to level to the runway and ignore vertical references?
                              Verticals always better, unless it's the actual horizon. Looks like this one needs just a bit of CW rotation.

Comment

Working...
                              X