Prescreening advice (2 pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening advice (2 pictures)

Hi everyone, I was thinking about uploading one (or maybe both) of those pictures but I'm not quite sure if they could be accepted.

Image one:

Of this to be honest I'm quite sure it's going to be rejected due to the horizon being completely wrong, but maybe in some cases it could be ignored and it could get accepted.

Image two:

Of this I'm thinking it could get rejected due to the helicopter not being centered, but the idea of this picture it's not the helicopter per se, but the work the helicopter it's doing and the ground crew it's important too

Ofcourse I'll remove the watermark before uploading them on jetphotos, and I'll probably have to re-crop them in 3:4 but before that I'd like to have an idea if there's any chance of being accepted

thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by daniel_bertagnolli; 2020-10-28, 18:40. Reason: Added images in the body

Originally posted by daniel_bertagnolli View Post
    Hi everyone, I was thinking about uploading one (or maybe both) of those pictures but I'm not quite sure if they could be accepted.

Image one: https://imgur.com/O8pwAdb

Of this to be honest I'm quite sure it's going to be rejected due to the horizon being completely wrong, but maybe in some cases it could be ignored and it could get accepted.

Image two: https://imgur.com/eJZglc1

Of this I'm thinking it could get rejected due to the helicopter not being centered, but the idea of this picture it's not the helicopter per se, but the work the helicopter it's doing and the ground crew it's important too

Ofcourse I'll remove the watermark before uploading them on jetphotos, and I'll probably have to re-crop them in 3:4 but before that I'd like to have an idea if there's any chance of being accepted

thank you
    Hi, would be happy to comment, but please read here first, especially #6:

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, hope this time it'll work correctly, I'm thinking about submitting this picture, what do you think? Thank you all

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2142.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	876.8 KB
ID:	1101923

Comment

Hi, hope this time it'll work correctly, I'm thinking about submitting this picture, what do you think? Thank you all

Name:	IMG_2142.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	876.8 KB
ID:	1101923
        Probably want to center it a bit better and crop it tighter. It is backlit, but in this case I think an exception could be made. Horizon is hard to tell, but if you wanted to adjust it, CCW would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Probably want to center it a bit better and crop it tighter. It is backlit, but in this case I think an exception could be made. Horizon is hard to tell, but if you wanted to adjust it, CCW would be best.
          Thank you! I've recropped it and used the houses just above the pilot's head as a reference for the horizon, I don't think that'll ever look perfect since with the mountains here it's impossible to get a reference for the horizon. I do agree with the backlit comment, but also there's very little of the plane that is in a shadow (there were some clouds that scattered a lot the light). I'll have to think quite a lot before submitting this, especially because by acceptance rate it's already low and I'm not looking to make it worse

Name:	IMG_2142-2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	930.2 KB
ID:	1102043

Comment

Thank you! I've recropped it and used the houses just above the pilot's head as a reference for the horizon, I don't think that'll ever look perfect since with the mountains here it's impossible to get a reference for the horizon. I do agree with the backlit comment, but also there's very little of the plane that is in a shadow (there were some clouds that scattered a lot the light). I'll have to think quite a lot before submitting this, especially because by acceptance rate it's already low and I'm not looking to make it worse

Name:	IMG_2142-2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	930.2 KB
ID:	1102043
            Looks good to me. If for some reason this does end up getting a backlit rejection, let me know and I'll try to convince them otherwise

Comment

Looks good to me. If for some reason this does end up getting a backlit rejection, let me know and I'll try to convince them otherwise
              Thank you, I've just submitted it, let's hope for the best

Comment

Thank you, I've just submitted it, let's hope for the best
                Well, just got accepted!

Another pic I'd like to get some pointers and a few questions about it.
                Should I crop it tighter?
                I have a strange feeling of having some weird problems with too much Magenta in the balance but it's weird because it depends on how I look at it, maybe some of you has a better calibrated monitor than mine and can tell me

Name:	IMG_2129.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1,015.0 KB
ID:	1102862

And about this second picture, my only concern is maybe the crop it's a bit too tight or it's good?

Name:	IMG_8256.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	564.9 KB
ID:	1102863

Comment

Another pic I'd like to get some pointers and a few questions about it.
                  Should I crop it tighter?
                  Is that not the same aircraft as the one accepted? It would be rejected for similar.

And about this second picture, my only concern is maybe the crop it's a bit too tight or it's good?
                  A bit soft, and a subjective decision on whether the rotor being cropped is justified.

Comment

Is that not the same aircraft as the one accepted? It would be rejected for similar.
                    Yes, same plane, it was the same flight but like 10 minutes earlier in another place. Thank you, i'll not upload it then

A bit soft, and a subjective decision on whether the rotor being cropped is justified.

I feel like the softness could be related to the low resolution, to be honest in lightroom with the full resolution picture i can easily read the writings and count the rivets but maybe we're looking at a different kind of softness

About the clipped rotor, it's a bit of a standard for helicopters photography if you look magazines such as Verticalmag most of their pictures have clipped rotors:

Still, thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
                    X