Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OCFLT_OMGcat][Pre-Screening Advice]Rainy / Cloudy Day Editing

Good afternoon guys,

As I`m editing my past photos, I`d like some suggestions on these 5 since they are taken on rainy or cloudy days - I understand the light condition is generally poor but still wonder if I could have a stand. The lightness curve looks fine to me - both ends are above the axis but concerning dark / underexposed. Also, will grainy be a problem? In case of that, I`ve cropped them to 1280px yet I`m still not sure. Thanks for all suggestions!

Kind regards
    Attached Files

Originally posted by OCFLT_OMGcat View Post
    Good afternoon guys,

As I`m editing my past photos, I`d like some suggestions on these 5 since they are taken on rainy or cloudy days - I understand the light condition is generally poor but still wonder if I could have a stand. The lightness curve looks fine to me - both ends are above the axis but concerning dark / underexposed. Also, will grainy be a problem? In case of that, I`ve cropped them to 1280px yet I`m still not sure. Thanks for all suggestions!

Kind regards
    Hi,

for me the QR has a contrast problem, the DA is also very borderline for the same (probably you have another shot with a darker background?).
    LH, TK and AZ are acceptable for me, also the (g)rain in the last image should not be an big issue.

Please keep in mind that especially for pictures taken in overcast conditions the decisions could be different with the final result.

Stay safe!

Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post

Hi,

for me the QR has a contrast problem, the DA is also very borderline for the same (probably you have another shot with a darker background?).
      LH, TK and AZ are acceptable for me, also the (g)rain in the last image should not be an big issue.

Please keep in mind that especially for pictures taken in overcast conditions the decisions could be different with the final result.

Stay safe!
      Hi Julian,

Thanks for the advice and I do kinda feel the same way...Sadly it`s been going into the cloudy season in my home city and I feel like I will be away from good weathers for a while...

Also do you think using Adobe RGB could be a problem versus sRGB?

Thanks,

Kind regards

Comment

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the advice and I do kinda feel the same way...Sadly it`s been going into the cloudy season in my home city and I feel like I will be away from good weathers for a while...

Also do you think using Adobe RGB could be a problem versus sRGB?

Thanks,

Kind regards
        QR and DA are fixable probably as i sad. Watch out for a bit darker background and lighten up the whites a bit, that could be enough to make it acceptable.
        Bad weather will not lead automatically to a rejection so what can you loose?

And yeah, better use sRGB so the colors will displayed correctly in the browsers.

Best Regards from Germany,
        Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post

QR and DA are fixable probably as i sad. Watch out for a bit darker background and lighten up the whites a bit, that could be enough to make it acceptable.
          Bad weather will not lead automatically to a rejection so what can you loose?

And yeah, better use sRGB so the colors will displayed correctly in the browsers.
          Thanks again Julian!

Comment

Hello everyone, I have another two photos for which I`d like some advice before submission. For this Delta Connection, I`m concerned about overediting (which was the reason for the previous rejection) against potential vignetting, although using the equalized view it looks fine this time. For the other business jet I have the same concern plus the framing / composition. I never tried to upload images with this angle before and am not sure if this crop is fine. Thanks for your advice ahead and have a good weekend!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone, I have another two photos for which I`d like some advice before submission. For this Delta Connection, I`m concerned about overediting (which was the reason for the previous rejection) against potential vignetting, although using the equalized view it looks fine this time. For the other business jet I have the same concern plus the framing / composition. I never tried to upload images with this angle before and am not sure if this crop is fine. Thanks for your advice ahead and have a good weekend!
              Composition should be fine for both, but there is an issue with processing, looks like you applied too much vignetting correction.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Composition should be fine for both, but there is an issue with processing, looks like you applied too much vignetting correction.
                Thanks for feedback. Is that for both or one of them? I just found Sigma 100-400 has big issues with vignetting and it takes me couple of tries to figure out the balance between vignetting and overediting. For these two I only applied the lowest level of correction. Does that mean they will be fine without it?

Comment

Does that mean they will be fine without it?
                  I could only guess. I can say that they're not ok as they are.

Comment

I could only guess. I can say that they're not ok as they are.
                    Thanks. I`ve figured out a new workflow to deal with this problem, although it seems to occur quite often when I shoot with blue-sky background, possibly my equipment issue

Comment

Hi everyone, looking for advice on vignetting for another shot. The top left and right corners appear to be darker than the bottoms ones and I wonder if this counts as "vignetting". If it does then I might consider staying away from airborne shots on clear days with my sigma 100-400 and full-frame DSLR.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone, looking for advice on vignetting for another shot. The top left and right corners appear to be darker than the bottoms ones and I wonder if this counts as "vignetting". If it does then I might consider staying away from airborne shots on clear days with my sigma 100-400 and full-frame DSLR.
                        A bit noisy, but otherwise would be ok for me.

Comment

A bit noisy, but otherwise would be ok for me.
                          Thanks dlowwa. If that`s the case then I assume that top corners could be slightly darker than the bottom ones without being considered as "vignetting"? I`m also trying not to overexpose other part when applying editing

Comment

Thanks dlowwa. If that`s the case then I assume that top corners could be slightly darker than the bottom ones without being considered as "vignetting"? I`m also trying not to overexpose other part when applying editing
                            If it's just the corners, then might be vignetting, but if it's the whole top might just be a natural effect. Vignetting tends to affect both corners on a given side.

Comment

Working...
                            X