No announcement yet.

ms spot- prescreening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how you define "right out of the camera" but it was, like I stated, my photo to start. I also have the 6000px version, but I can't show it in the forum (complicatons with loading the file).
    I suppose you are an expert in photography so I entirely trust in what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by ms spot View Post
      The first edit based on the 2400pix JPEG file (which is original) and the second on the 6000pix CR3 file (which is also original)
      I hoped I could avoid the softness by starting with the CR3 file.
      You're still missing the point. If the jpeg were 'original' it too should be 6000pix. This tells me you are not producing full-resolution out of your camera to work with, which doesn't matter in this case since the quality is already terrible, but assuming you are able to improve the quality in the future, this will be another hinderance.

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

I doubt, the 2400px is right out of the camera. The photo does not even have EXIF infos.
      The forum doesn't support exif on attachments, so no photo posted here will.

Comment

Hi, my jpeg pictures are now also 6000:4000. There was a setting in which I could choose different types of jpeg pictures with different resolutions in the camera menu. I have never been aware of how the resolution can affect the quality of the pictures, so many thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello,
          today I have taken some images in the cold winter sun...
          Would you please tell me, if they are acceptable and if not, why they would be rejected and if they are fixable.
          I personally really like nr.1 and if this would be acceptable I'd would be happy if you told me how I can make this picture "great" as I don't know how to create an "artistic" photo
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_38news16.JPG Views:	0 Size:	371.8 KB ID:	1107188Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_39new78.JPG Views:	0 Size:	423.7 KB ID:	1107189Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_39new56.JPG Views:	0 Size:	426.2 KB ID:	1107190Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_39new19.JPG Views:	0 Size:	433.2 KB ID:	1107192 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_40news17.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	580.6 KB
ID:	1107194
          Thank you very much!
          Best regards, ms

Comment

Hello,
            today I have taken some images in the cold winter sun...
            Would you please tell me, if they are acceptable and if not, why they would be rejected and if they are fixable.
            I personally really like nr.1 and if this would be acceptable I'd would be happy if you told me how I can make this picture "great" as I don't know how to create an "artistic" photo
            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_38news16.JPG Views:	0 Size:	371.8 KB ID:	1107188Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_39new78.JPG Views:	0 Size:	423.7 KB ID:	1107189Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_39new56.JPG Views:	0 Size:	426.2 KB ID:	1107190Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_39new19.JPG Views:	0 Size:	433.2 KB ID:	1107192 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_40news17.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	580.6 KB
ID:	1107194
            Thank you very much!
            Best regards, ms
            1) Borderline, maybe you add a bit of contrast
            2-4) OK for me
            5) lacks contrast
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi,
              Do the following pictures have a chance of acceptance?
              I have tried to adjust contrast and brightening but I'm not sure whether they are fixable or not.
              Of course, these are to different aircrafts (A7-ALE and A7-ALG).
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_17new42.JPG Views:	0 Size:	605.4 KB ID:	1108103Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_19new62.JPG Views:	0 Size:	530.9 KB ID:	1108104
              Thank you!

Comment

Hi,
                Do the following pictures have a chance of acceptance?
                I have tried to adjust contrast and brightening but I'm not sure whether they are fixable or not.
                Of course, these are to different aircrafts (A7-ALE and A7-ALG).
                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_17new42.JPG Views:	0 Size:	605.4 KB ID:	1108103Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_19new62.JPG Views:	0 Size:	530.9 KB ID:	1108104
                Thank you!
                Awkward crop of the tail on the first, and soft/borderline contrast on second.

Comment

Hello,
                  I would like to know if this picture has a chance of getting accepted and if it is fixable.
                  Main concerns are contrast/colour/cut off

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_51newl45.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	524.0 KB
ID:	1108863

Thank you!

Comment

Hello,
                    I would like to know if this picture has a chance of getting accepted and if it is fixable.
                    Main concerns are contrast/colour/cut off

Name:	IMG_51newl45.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	524.0 KB
ID:	1108863

Thank you!
                    Cropping is borderline, but the real killer is, as you expected, the lack of contrast and underexposure.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hello, is this photo acceptable although it's not centred?

Name:	IMG_54new91.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	622.4 KB
ID:	1109837

Comment

Hello, is this photo acceptable although it's not centred?
                        Centering would be ok for me, though I couldn't promise the same for everyone.

Comment

Thank you!

I have found some pictures taken with my old (Canon Powershot) camera and tryed to edit them properly. Could you please have a look at them and tell me if they are acceptable or improvable?

Name:	IMG_43new75.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	548.6 KB
ID:	1110260Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_35newk96 (4).JPG
Views:	141
Size:	632.6 KB
ID:	1110261Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_46newd57.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	577.5 KB
ID:	1110262Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_15news03.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	1110263

Thanks and regards

Comment

Thank you!

I have found some pictures taken with my old (Canon Powershot) camera and tryed to edit them properly. Could you please have a look at them and tell me if they are acceptable or improvable?

Name:	IMG_43new75.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	548.6 KB
ID:	1110260Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_35newk96 (4).JPG
Views:	141
Size:	632.6 KB
ID:	1110261Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_46newd57.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	577.5 KB
ID:	1110262Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_15news03.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	1110263

Thanks and regards
                            1. borderline compression
                            2. overexposed
                            3-4. soft, contrast

Comment

Hello, would you please prescreen the following picture? I have cropped very much so I am unsure about the quality.

Name:	IMG_66new45.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	1111140
                              Thank you!

Comment

Hello, would you please prescreen the following picture? I have cropped very much so I am unsure about the quality.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_66new45.JPG Views:	0 Size:	500.7 KB ID:	1111140
                                Thank you!
                                I´m not screener, but it looks overprocessed, soft and the horizon is not ok for me.
                                And the quality is not good enough, very cropped.

Comment

Working...
                                X