Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexnantais View Post
    Hello,

I've took these photos this evening in low light and bad weather. I'm note sure, but I think I've got a problem with the tail.
    The second, the tail is OK, but the nose looks like blurry.
    What do you think ?
    These would be rejected for similar.

Comment

Hello,

I don't want to upload two photos. I'm just hesitating between the two.

Comment

Hello,

I've got just a question about the rejection reason backlit. This is for my progession. In upload guidelines, it's wrote "As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage.
        As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit."

Can we consider a front sun light like a backlit ? I've got two photos rejects for backlit and I don't want do to another time the same mistake. I don't especialy want to do an appeal for theses photos, just want to know wich angle take to shot an aircraft.

These two photos in exemple :
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8726389
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8726405

Thank you, and I wish you a merry christmas.

Comment

Hi,
          Both these pics show only light on the nose, which means 90% of the plane is in the shadow, resulting in a very dull contrast. Also note that these are very common planes and we can't make any exception on those

Joyeux NoŽl !!!

Alex

Comment

Hi,

This is my first request in 2021 so happy new year .
            I've got a question about a photo I've took today. I have a large shoot of a plane and I will send it in queue. But I have a doubt about one of the same plane, with the same side at the same date. But it's particular because is a tight shoot were the pilote say hello with a sign. I don't know if can upload that picture in the queue, because it's a similar photo. And I'm afraid I have a second problem because we clearly see hirs face. Should I blur it ? This will take away the meaning of the photo. I do not post the photo on the forum for the moment to respect the privacy of the pilot before having your analysis and your response.

Thank you,
            Alex

Comment

Hi,

This is my first request in 2021 so happy new year .
              I've got a question about a photo I've took today. I have a large shoot of a plane and I will send it in queue. But I have a doubt about one of the same plane, with the same side at the same date. But it's particular because is a tight shoot were the pilote say hello with a sign. I don't know if can upload that picture in the queue, because it's a similar photo. And I'm afraid I have a second problem because we clearly see hirs face. Should I blur it ? This will take away the meaning of the photo. I do not post the photo on the forum for the moment to respect the privacy of the pilot before having your analysis and your response.

Thank you,
              Alex
              A little difficult to make an assessment without seeing the images in question, no?

Comment

I dlowwa,

Sorry about that. The pictures below

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-HMLC-2321.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	760.3 KB
ID:	1107345Click image for larger version

Name:	F-HMLC-2324.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	542.6 KB
ID:	1107346

Comment

I dlowwa,

Sorry about that. The pictures below

Name:	F-HMLC-2321.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	760.3 KB
ID:	1107345Click image for larger version

Name:	F-HMLC-2324.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	542.6 KB
ID:	1107346
                  Indeed these would be rejected for similar. There is no issue with the pilot waving.

Comment

OK. I think I'll upload the first one. And I'll keep just for me the pilot sign
                    Thak you for yout help

Comment

Hi,

I found some old photos on one of my old hard drives. These were taken over 15 years ago with a compact camera. So I only have jpeg files, no raw file to allow good post-production. In addition, the resolution was not very good and there was only an automatic mode.
                      I tried to reprocess them as best as possible with Lightroom and wanted to know if, in your opinion, it is possible to submit them in the queue. Will screeners take the age of the photo into account and not reject it for the quality? Do I have to select the vintage box when sending?
                      Some of its planes no longer exist, such as the two B747s. And the Air France 747 was extremely rare at LFRS as it is a small regional airport.
                      Here are the pictures to get your opinion.

Rare at LFRS, old livery. Now belongs to Mahan Air, stored

Name:	F-GETA-0066.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	751.4 KB
ID:	1108041

Old livery

Name:	F-GRHT-0284.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	824.7 KB
ID:	1108042

Old livery and now belongs to Windrose Aviation, stored

Name:	F-GYAQ-0200.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	798.7 KB
ID:	1108043

Stored and now belongs to Kabo Air

Name:	F-HSEX-0209.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	864.6 KB
ID:	1108044

Stored

Name:	TS-IOQ-0020.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	847.9 KB
ID:	1108045

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

I found some old photos on one of my old hard drives. These were taken over 15 years ago with a compact camera. So I only have jpeg files, no raw file to allow good post-production. In addition, the resolution was not very good and there was only an automatic mode.
                        I tried to reprocess them as best as possible with Lightroom and wanted to know if, in your opinion, it is possible to submit them in the queue. Will screeners take the age of the photo into account and not reject it for the quality? Do I have to select the vintage box when sending?
                        Some of its planes no longer exist, such as the two B747s. And the Air France 747 was extremely rare at LFRS as it is a small regional airport.
                        Here are the pictures to get your opinion.

Thank you
                        Unfortunately the quality is quite poor, and the aircraft themselves not that rare.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't reply to the previous message.

I have a doubt about the image below. I have sun on this plane but just in half. What do you think ? Is it underexposed?

Name:	TS-ION-2524.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	453.9 KB
ID:	1108700

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't reply to the previous message.

I have a doubt about the image below. I have sun on this plane but just in half. What do you think ? Is it underexposed?
                            Yes, likely to be rejected for dark/contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Yes, likely to be rejected for dark/contrast.
                              Thanks

Comment

Hello,

May I have an advice about these three photos ? Today we had sun but with a slightly hazy sky so I'm afraid that the contrast is not optimal

Name:	HB-JXA-2671.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	483.0 KB
ID:	1109441Click image for larger version

Name:	EC-MRI-2692.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	638.2 KB
ID:	1109442Click image for larger version

Name:	N916MM-2711.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	370.9 KB