Constant "digital manipulation" rejections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant "digital manipulation" rejections

Hi everyone, I have had three pictures so far that have been rejected for "Digital Manipulation" and all of the pictures are of ramp shots, which are NOT manipulated but I keep getting accused of faking tar marks, shadows, etc... This is ridiculous that it keeps happening when I am not doing anything. Has anybody else been having issues with uploading ramp shots and them getting rejected for digital manipulation? Anything will help! The three pictures will be linked below.....
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Connor Ochs View Post
    Hi everyone, I have had three pictures so far that have been rejected for "Digital Manipulation" and all of the pictures are of ramp shots, which are NOT manipulated but I keep getting accused of faking tar marks, shadows, etc... This is ridiculous that it keeps happening when I am not doing anything. Has anybody else been having issues with uploading ramp shots and them getting rejected for digital manipulation? Anything will help! The three pictures will be linked below.....
    Hi,

You should have received an email in regards to this. We decided to give you a chance to explain before taking any further actions. All three images have repeating patterns along the bottom edge. Given that you re-submitted one of the rejections with the questionable part cropped out, that would seem to indicate you at least can see the problem as well. We're giving you the benefit of the doubt since there is a chance this is just an editing error on your part, despite it having the hallmarks of 'malicious' editing (removing something or filling in the frame).

Thanks for posting the originals above, this confirms my suspicion that it was almost certainly because of accidental/sloppy editing, as there is nothing in the frame that looks to have been removed. Compare the two very close crops a) from your 'original' above and b) from the version you submitted for screening:

Click image for larger version

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1103995Click image for larger version

Name:	submitted.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1103996

You will see that in b) there is a repeating pattern along the bottom edge. This pattern appears in many of your uploads. We will give you a few days to figure out what is causing it; please post back here when you do, and I will let you know which accepted images have it that will need to be re-uploaded. If you are unable to figure out the cause, or do not reply, those images already accepted in the DB with this bad editing will be deleted without notice.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Maybe you have content aware crop activated in photoshop? This means that if you crop a pic, but the borders of the crop are outside the actual image, photoshop will fill those areas with content it creates based on the content of the pic.

Comment

All three of the pictures were cropped in photoshop. I think that caused the problem... so sorry about that, I never noticed it would fill in the edges. I cropped in from a 3X2 to a 16X10 for JetPhotos upload. I never clone anything on my pictures so that is why I was very confused on why they were getting rejected. Thank you for the information!

Comment

Are you able to let me know which pictures have the weird bottom edge... I want to make sure that doesn’t happen for future pictures. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Connor Ochs View Post
            Are you able to let me know which pictures have the weird bottom edge... I want to make sure that doesn’t happen for future pictures. Thanks!
            I've sent you a private message with some images that need to be re-uploaded. Please try to do so in the next few days, or we can delete them for you and you can re-submit them to the main queue.

Comment

Working...
            X