Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing advice for Sebastian_Kissel

Hello
    I just got a picture rejected with the hint: Window glare/dirt, overexposed and soft.
    in fact the raw data of this picture is crisp sharp and in my opinion the histogram also does not show any signs of overexposed.
    can someone help me please?

Cheers
    Sebastian
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 4 million screened photos online!
    Last edited by bleuair; 2023-05-22, 21:13.

Originally posted by Sebastian_Kissel View Post
    Hello
    I just got a picture rejected with the hint: Window glare/dirt, overexposed and soft.
    in fact the raw data of this picture is crisp sharp and in my opinion the histogram also does not show any signs of overexposed.
    can someone help me please?

Cheers
    Sebastian
    'glare' in this case refers to the nasty reflection coming off the fuselage/window line due to the angle of the sun. Debatable whether is should have caused a rejection, and if appealed I would accept it. If you decide to appeal, please make your case without using reference to my comments or this post, as whoever handles it will make their own decision.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

'glare' in this case refers to the nasty reflection coming off the fuselage/window line due to the angle of the sun. Debatable whether is should have caused a rejection, and if appealed I would accept it. If you decide to appeal, please make your case without using reference to my comments or this post, as whoever handles it will make their own decision.
      Hello
      i appealed it und the comment was: definitely soft and boarderline overexposed.
      but how can i see when it is soft or not? what are the reasons for a reject regarding a soft picture?

Comment

Hello
        i appealed it und the comment was: definitely soft and boarderline overexposed.
        but how can i see when it is soft or not? what are the reasons for a reject regarding a soft picture?
        Sharpness looks ok to me, so can't really help you there Add a touch of sharpening, reduce the brightness a bit, and throw it back in the queue.

Comment

Hello!

does this picture has too much or too little contrast?

Cheers
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 4 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hello!

does this picture has too much or too little contrast?

Cheers
            Hi, when you get the chance, please read here carefully, paying special attention to #2 and #4:

I've moved this post to your original thread, but any new rejection/editing threads will simply be deleted in the future.

Comment

hey guys,
              whats wrong here with the color?

cheers

Comment

hey guys,
                whats wrong here with the color?

cheers
                Red/magenta tint, but more an issue with poor contrast, imho.

Comment

Red/magenta tint, but more an issue with poor contrast, imho.

ok thanks. haha so the contrast is too low? wow. i really pushed the contrast, because the weather and the visibilty wasnt that good.

Comment

haha so the contrast is too low?
                    Not so much as..

the weather and the visibilty wasnt that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian_Kissel

ok thanks! good to know so i will add a bit more contrast
                      I think you missed the point.. adding more contrast is probably not going to solve the bad weather.

Comment

I think you missed the point.. adding more contrast is probably not going to solve the bad weather.
                        yep got it. sorry!

Comment

hey!
                          i got this one here rejected for horizon unlevel but the spot from where i took this picture was not 60° to the Entry bridge. so i used a pole in the background to level this one .

Comment

hey!
                            i got this one here rejected for horizon unlevel but the spot from where i took this picture was not 60° to the Entry bridge. so i used a pole in the background to level this one .
                            Iīm not screener but I agree with the rejection, itīs fallen to the left side, you can see it clearly in the tunnelīs reference and in the other poles. You may check most of the references, the photo should be equilibrated by all the sides, and not allways a pole is the best reference, so better use 4 references than just 1.

Regards!
                            Pablo Gonzalez de Leon.

Comment

hey!
                              All verticals are leaning right - needs a little CCW rotation.

Comment

Working...
                              X