Christian K - Pre-Screening request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christian K View Post
    Can I ask you to have a look at this photo, please. Is the cropping/format (16:9) ok, or would 4:3 be better ? What about the resulution (1600) and light ?
    This would be rejected for soft, obstruction and cut off. The crop is very awkward. You will either need to crop closer or include the whole wing/stabilizer.

Comment

thank you both, very helpfull.

Unfortunately, all the my photos have some little piece of something (snowpoles, lamps etc.) leading to some littel obstruction. The one attached is the one with the least obstruction - would the yellow lamps (not sure what they are called in English) still lead to a rejection ? I changed to 4:3 format and placed the plane so that there is the same small space between the edge and the left/right engine. I also added some sharpening.

Regards,
      Christian
      Attached Files

Comment

thank you both, very helpfull.

Unfortunately, all the my photos have some little piece of something (snowpoles, lamps etc.) leading to some littel obstruction. The one attached is the one with the least obstruction - would the yellow lamps (not sure what they are called in English) still lead to a rejection ? I changed to 4:3 format and placed the plane so that there is the same small space between the edge and the left/right engine. I also added some sharpening.

Regards,
        Christian
        The crop is much better now, but it still quite soft.

I would try 16x10 with 1280px (1280x800). For remove the unnecessary space over and under the plane and see it less soft.

Comment

Thanks - I changed the format.Would the small yellow cones be considered as obstruction or are they too small ?

Regards,
          Christian
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks - I changed the format.Would the small yellow cones be considered as obstruction or are they too small ?

Regards,
            Christian
            They are too small, so you won´t have problems.

Comment

Regards,
              Christian
              Better if you have a version without the obstruction. They are small yes, but also avoidable so better to avoid.

Comment

Hello,

Can I please ask you for advice regarding these completely different Edelweiss pictures:

HB-JHQ: clear sunny day: light ? contrast ? post-processing issues ?
                HB-IJU: partially cloudy morning: light ? did I add too much contrast to overcome the bad light conditions ?

Thanks,
                Christian
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Can I please ask you for advice regarding these completely different Edelweiss pictures:

HB-JHQ: clear sunny day: light ? contrast ? post-processing issues ?
                  HB-IJU: partially cloudy morning: light ? did I add too much contrast to overcome the bad light conditions ?

Thanks,
                  Christian
                  1. overprocessed. pretty strong editing halos.
                  2. borderline contrast.

Comment

Thanks dlowwa,

1) I worked on the halos - submitted to JP just to check for halos in the "check for dust" tool and can see much less now. Is it still too much ? Of course I deleted the foto afterwards as you do not pre-screen fotos in the queue.
                    2) I reduced some of the contrast, I hope it is not too soft/dark.

Any better now ?

Thank and kind regards,
                    Christian
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian K View Post
                      Thanks dlowwa,

1) I worked on the halos - submitted to JP just to check for halos in the "check for dust" tool and can see much less now. Is it still too much ? Of course I deleted the foto afterwards as you do not pre-screen fotos in the queue.
                      2) I reduced some of the contrast, I hope it is not too soft/dark.

Any better now ?

Thank and kind regards,
                      Christian
                      Both better. Minor halos on first still, but don't think bad enough for a rejection. On the other hand, contrast still pretty poor for second, probably enough for a rejection. Not sure that one can be fixed.

Comment

• Thanks dlowwa,

i made slight changes to the forst one and will keep the oner wone for myself.

Any thoughts on this special livery from Qatar ? Too soft, not enough contrast ?

Thanks,
                        Christian
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks dlowwa,

i made slight changes to the forst one and will keep the oner wone for myself.

Any thoughts on this special livery from Qatar ? Too soft, not enough contrast ?

Thanks,
                          Christian
                          Borderline soft, and yes poor contrast. Might need a little CCW rotation as well.

Comment

• Thank dlowwa,

I think I will rather use another photo of A7-BAX from the side. I feel more confortable with the contrast here.

Any thoughts from your end ?

What about OE-FAF ? There are thick clouds in the background, but an opening for the sun to put the upper front of the plane in light.

Regards,
                            Christian

Attached Files

Comment

Thank dlowwa,

I think I will rather use another photo of A7-BAX from the side. I feel more confortable with the contrast here.

Any thoughts from your end ?

What about OE-FAF ? There are thick clouds in the background, but an opening for the sun to put the upper front of the plane in light.

Regards,
                              Christian

1. borderline contrast
                              2. contrast, overprocessed

Comment

• Thanks dlowa, I added some contrast to 1) and submitted. # 2 I will keep for myself.

I went to a small local airport today and took below pictures pf some small props - any genral concerns (could I try go up with the resolution when exporting from LightRoom)?

1) N720PA - even though 21 years old, there is no picture on JP - would the tarpauline be considered an obstruction ?
                                2) HB-TDD
                                3) HB-CQU

Regards,
                                Christian
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X