Christian K - Pre-Screening request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian K - Pre-Screening request

Dear Screeners, may I kindly ask you to have a look at attached photo and give me feedback about it (contrast, sharpness, horizon, compression) so i can get an idea about it getting accepted when uploading ? This was an early morning shot and there is some condensation over the wings - is this ok or could it be a killer ?Thanks, Christian
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Christian K View Post
    Dear Screeners, may I kindly ask you to have a look at attached photo and give me feedback about it (contrast, sharpness, horizon, compression) so i can get an idea about it getting accepted when uploading ? This was an early morning shot and there is some condensation over the wings - is this ok or could it be a killer ?Thanks, Christian
    Hi,

There are minor issues with noise, oversharpening, dust spots, and horizon (needs CW rotation). All should be fixable with a better edit.

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

thanks for your commets - I went back to LrC and reduced the noise to 25, reduced the sharpening from 50 to 25 and did some CW rotation (the red construction crane is now full vertical). However, I struggle with finding any dust - can you please point me to whre you see spots (and give me guidance how to find them this myself) ?

Two other questions:
      - once I go and upload this picuture into JetPhotos, shoudl I add a comment that this photo has been prescreened (I fully acknoledge that your pre-screening is not an approval).
      - If a want to have another picture reviewed, do I start new topic or do I contunue in this conversation ?

Thanks,
      Christian
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

thanks for your commets - I went back to LrC and reduced the noise to 25, reduced the sharpening from 50 to 25 and did some CW rotation (the red construction crane is now full vertical). However, I struggle with finding any dust - can you please point me to whre you see spots (and give me guidance how to find them this myself) ?

Two other questions:
        - once I go and upload this picuture into JetPhotos, shoudl I add a comment that this photo has been prescreened (I fully acknoledge that your pre-screening is not an approval).
        - If a want to have another picture reviewed, do I start new topic or do I contunue in this conversation ?

Thanks,
        Christian
        A little bit too much noise reduction, but otherwise looks good to me.

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

Two other questions:

Thanks,
          Christian
          To answer your first question, I don’t believe the comment will do anything as it is the screeners subjective decision, and second, add all photo requests in the same thread. I’m not a screener, but I hope this clears things up.

Comment

Two other questions:
            You will find the answers to your questions here:

Comment

Thanks for the links - very helpful. I limited the noise reduction of the Singapore Airline picture a little bit and hope to get it approved.

NEW Pre-Screening request: Iceland Air TF-FIR: picture taken at a sunny day around noon - is the belly to dark ? What a bout the bird in the upper right part of the picture - better remove it ? What would be the best way so that that there are no remnats that could be taken as dust ?

Thanks,
              Christian
              Attached Files

Comment

NEW Pre-Screening request: Iceland Air TF-FIR: picture taken at a sunny day around noon - is the belly to dark ? What a bout the bird in the upper right part of the picture - better remove it ? What would be the best way so that that there are no remnats that could be taken as dust ?
                A bit dark, but otherwise should be ok. Bird is fine as is.

Comment

Thank you - I gave it a little bit more light now.

NEW Pre-Screening request: OE-LUA. Photo was taken june at lunch time. Is there too much heat haze ? It was an exceptional busy day - is there too much activity going on (e.g. ground staff at the Qatar plane etc. that is ditracting )? Would you crop thr right side (and cut the right horizontal stabilizer) or is it generally advised to keept the whole plane as such ?

Thanks, Christian
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you - I gave it a little bit more light now.

NEW Pre-Screening request: OE-LUA. Photo was taken june at lunch time. Is there too much heat haze ? It was an exceptional busy day - is there too much activity going on (e.g. ground staff at the Qatar plane etc. that is ditracting )? Would you crop thr right side (and cut the right horizontal stabilizer) or is it generally advised to keept the whole plane as such ?

Thanks, Christian
                    1. contrast is a bit weak, but exposure should be ok now
                    2. haze shouldn't be a problem, though top of fuselage is close to being blown out

Comment

Thanks - I will work on both and submitt for propper rewiew.

Comment

NEW Pre-Screening request, please. My I kindly ask you to give these 2 photos a look:

HB-IOO: Rotation ? Focus ? Sharpness/contrast ?
                        9H-VJW: Rotation ? Contrast ? Brilliance ? Should the right wing/horizontal stabilizer be cropped to have the fuselage bigger ?

Any other advice ?

Thanks,
                        Christian
                        Attached Files

Comment

NEW Pre-Screening request, please. My I kindly ask you to give these 2 photos a look:

9H-VJW: Rotation ? Contrast ? Brilliance ? Should the right wing/horizontal stabilizer be cropped to have the fuselage bigger ?

Any other advice ?

Thanks,
                          Christian
                          1) Lacking a bit contrast. framing and levelling looks OK
                          2) borderline soft and lacking a bit of contrast
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Any other advice ?

Thanks,
                            Christian
                            Both borderline for contrast, though the first one would be ok for me.

Comment

Dear both,

Many thanksfor your comments. I made slight changes to the edit accordingly. Are they approvable now ?
                              Regards, Christian
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X