X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post

And is there a way to make it work? Would zooming in to the helipad by itself suffice?
    Better, but will still be at screener's discretion.

Leave a comment:

• NacPhotographer
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This would be a too far/motive rejection.
    And is there a way to make it work? Would zooming in to the helipad by itself suffice?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Is the cropping on this photo of a hospital helipad too broad? I wanted to get the pad and the hospital, too.

If so, is it otherwise acceptable for submission?
    This would be a too far/motive rejection.

Leave a comment:

• NacPhotographer
    replied
    Is the cropping on this photo of a hospital helipad too broad? I wanted to get the pad and the hospital, too.

If so, is it otherwise acceptable for submission?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NacPhotographer
    replied
    I had a rejection due to incorrect aircraft registration information. The reg is N621FJ. This is a newly acquired Piper aircraft that will be used by our local university's new Aviation Science program (Stephen F. Austin State University). I originally submitted it as being registered to the university, but it appears as though the screeners require it to match the FAA record (which makes sense). My questions are 1) how long does it usually take for new aircraft to transfer registration from the manufacturer to the new owner, and 2) will I be able to change that information in the JP database when it happens? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I am looking for feedback as to which angle is preferable for a low-wing aircraft like the Piper Pilot 100i, the angle or the side?
    Either/or.

Leave a comment:

• NacPhotographer
    replied
    I am looking for feedback as to which angle is preferable for a low-wing aircraft like the Piper Pilot 100i, the angle or the side?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NacPhotographer
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Not really, though paint job/color (of the aircraft) and rarity can help a bit

Both pretty borderline, imho, and could have gone either way (as it so happened). There isn't really a formula, just need to accept that if shooting on such days with hopes of uploading, results will be like this..pretty spotty.
    Thanks as always.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Is there any way to get photos shot on an overcast day CONSISTENTLY approved with predictable results?
    Not really, though paint job/color (of the aircraft) and rarity can help a bit

For example, this photo
    Both pretty borderline, imho, and could have gone either way (as it so happened). There isn't really a formula, just need to accept that if shooting on such days with hopes of uploading, results will be like this..pretty spotty.

Leave a comment:

• NacPhotographer
    replied
    Is there any way to get photos shot on an overcast day CONSISTENTLY approved with predictable results? For example, this photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10144613) was approved. However, the TBM 700 right next to it (N300AZ), which can be seen in the shot of the Piper, was shot at the identical exposure and was captured only 17 seconds afterward, was rejected (see below).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	86315_1619920899.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	1114991

I did make a couple of additional edits to the TBM photo - would this image be acceptable?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1R6A6189.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	1114990

Thanks in advance for the help - I'm slowly figuring out the formula.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    This photo got kicked back for being overexposed and backlit. The sun was almost directly overhead at the time, so the top of the plane was well-lit leaving only a very slight "shadow" along the fuselage. Is there any way to get this photo approved if I can also address the overexposure?
    Probably not.

Leave a comment:

• NacPhotographer
    replied
    This photo got kicked back for being overexposed and backlit. The sun was almost directly overhead at the time, so the top of the plane was well-lit leaving only a very slight "shadow" along the fuselage. Is there any way to get this photo approved if I can also address the overexposure?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MarkLawrence
    replied
    In the manufacturer, there is a home built option..see attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 1.37.09 PM.png
Views:	63
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1114479

Leave a comment:

• NacPhotographer
    replied
    This aircraft is homebuilt. How do I go about specifying the manufacturer (I don't see them listed)?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Can someone help me with the tail number here? I can't find it. Also, is the photo okay for publishing?
    Appears to be 93-26481. Editing halos visible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X