Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NacPhotographer - Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    This photo was rejected for "Too much or too little contrast." I'm at a loss - I can't tell if it's too much or too little! LOL

    Click image for larger version

Name:	D67A5418.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	1111362

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post
      This photo was rejected for "Too much or too little contrast." I'm at a loss - I can't tell if it's too much or too little! LOL

      Click image for larger version

Name:	D67A5418.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	1111362
      Photo was taken in a overcast day, thus, the airplane was not receiving too much sunlight, which led to the contrast rejection.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by trenchjp View Post

        Photo was taken in a overcast day, thus, the airplane was not receiving too much sunlight, which led to the contrast rejection.
        Any way to fix it in post, or is it a lost cause?

        Comment


        • #34
          There was a bit more sun when this shot was taken. Thoughts on it?

          Click image for larger version

Name:	D67A5427.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	586.6 KB
ID:	1111367

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post

            Any way to fix it in post
            Not really.

            Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post

            There was a bit more sun when this shot was taken. Thoughts on it?
            Tbh i don't see any difference, both photos have the same poor lighting.

            I looked up and i couldn't find any picture of this registration in the database. Weird, usually photos in smilar conditions are accepted if it a 'first registration' case. Let's wait for a screener to reply and see what they say about it.
            Last edited by trenchjp; 2021-03-10, 21:35.

            Comment


            • #36
              Which one of these would be best to use? And is that one okay to submit?
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post
                Which one of these would be best to use? And is that one okay to submit?
                These would be rejected for similar.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Can someone help me with the tail number here? I can't find it. Also, is the photo okay for publishing?
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post
                    Can someone help me with the tail number here? I can't find it. Also, is the photo okay for publishing?
                    Appears to be 93-26481. Editing halos visible.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      This aircraft is homebuilt. How do I go about specifying the manufacturer (I don't see them listed)?
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        In the manufacturer, there is a home built option..see attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 1.37.09 PM.png
Views:	50
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1114479

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          This photo got kicked back for being overexposed and backlit. The sun was almost directly overhead at the time, so the top of the plane was well-lit leaving only a very slight "shadow" along the fuselage. Is there any way to get this photo approved if I can also address the overexposure?
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post
                            This photo got kicked back for being overexposed and backlit. The sun was almost directly overhead at the time, so the top of the plane was well-lit leaving only a very slight "shadow" along the fuselage. Is there any way to get this photo approved if I can also address the overexposure?
                            Probably not.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Is there any way to get photos shot on an overcast day CONSISTENTLY approved with predictable results? For example, this photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10144613) was approved. However, the TBM 700 right next to it (N300AZ), which can be seen in the shot of the Piper, was shot at the identical exposure and was captured only 17 seconds afterward, was rejected (see below).
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	86315_1619920899.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	1114991

                              I did make a couple of additional edits to the TBM photo - would this image be acceptable?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	1R6A6189.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	1114990

                              Thanks in advance for the help - I'm slowly figuring out the formula.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post
                                Is there any way to get photos shot on an overcast day CONSISTENTLY approved with predictable results?
                                Not really, though paint job/color (of the aircraft) and rarity can help a bit

                                Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post
                                For example, this photo
                                Both pretty borderline, imho, and could have gone either way (as it so happened). There isn't really a formula, just need to accept that if shooting on such days with hopes of uploading, results will be like this..pretty spotty.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X