No announcement yet.

NacPhotographer - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This photo was rejected for "Too much or too little contrast." I'm at a loss - I can't tell if it's too much or too little! LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	D67A5418.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	1111362

Comment

Originally posted by NacPhotographer View Post
      This photo was rejected for "Too much or too little contrast." I'm at a loss - I can't tell if it's too much or too little! LOL

Name:	D67A5418.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	1111362
      Photo was taken in a overcast day, thus, the airplane was not receiving too much sunlight, which led to the contrast rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by trenchjp View Post

Photo was taken in a overcast day, thus, the airplane was not receiving too much sunlight, which led to the contrast rejection.
        Any way to fix it in post, or is it a lost cause?

Comment

There was a bit more sun when this shot was taken. Thoughts on it?

Name:	D67A5427.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	586.6 KB
ID:	1111367

Comment

Any way to fix it in post
            Not really.

There was a bit more sun when this shot was taken. Thoughts on it?
            Tbh i don't see any difference, both photos have the same poor lighting.

I looked up and i couldn't find any picture of this registration in the database. Weird, usually photos in smilar conditions are accepted if it a 'first registration' case. Let's wait for a screener to reply and see what they say about it.
            Last edited by trenchjp; 2021-03-10, 21:35.

Comment

Which one of these would be best to use? And is that one okay to submit?
              Attached Files

Comment

Which one of these would be best to use? And is that one okay to submit?
                These would be rejected for similar.

Comment

Can someone help me with the tail number here? I can't find it. Also, is the photo okay for publishing?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can someone help me with the tail number here? I can't find it. Also, is the photo okay for publishing?
                    Appears to be 93-26481. Editing halos visible.

Comment

This aircraft is homebuilt. How do I go about specifying the manufacturer (I don't see them listed)?
                      Attached Files

Comment

In the manufacturer, there is a home built option..see attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 1.37.09 PM.png
Views:	63
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1114479

Comment

This photo got kicked back for being overexposed and backlit. The sun was almost directly overhead at the time, so the top of the plane was well-lit leaving only a very slight "shadow" along the fuselage. Is there any way to get this photo approved if I can also address the overexposure?
                          Attached Files

Comment

This photo got kicked back for being overexposed and backlit. The sun was almost directly overhead at the time, so the top of the plane was well-lit leaving only a very slight "shadow" along the fuselage. Is there any way to get this photo approved if I can also address the overexposure?
                            Probably not.

Comment

Is there any way to get photos shot on an overcast day CONSISTENTLY approved with predictable results? For example, this photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10144613) was approved. However, the TBM 700 right next to it (N300AZ), which can be seen in the shot of the Piper, was shot at the identical exposure and was captured only 17 seconds afterward, was rejected (see below).

Name:	86315_1619920899.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	1114991

I did make a couple of additional edits to the TBM photo - would this image be acceptable?

Name:	1R6A6189.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	1114990

Thanks in advance for the help - I'm slowly figuring out the formula.

Comment

Is there any way to get photos shot on an overcast day CONSISTENTLY approved with predictable results?
                                Not really, though paint job/color (of the aircraft) and rarity can help a bit

For example, this photo
                                Both pretty borderline, imho, and could have gone either way (as it so happened). There isn't really a formula, just need to accept that if shooting on such days with hopes of uploading, results will be like this..pretty spotty.

Comment

Working...
                                X