Eddie C: Prescreening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie C: Prescreening advice

I've just uploaded a JetBlue E190 Photo it says Soft unsharpened just wanted to clarify what that means, and what I can do to prevent it. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8704090...

Originally posted by iiEddieLostic View Post
    I've just uploaded a JetBlue E190 Photo it says Soft unsharpened just wanted to clarify what that means, and what I can do to prevent it. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8704090...
    I’m not sure about sharpening but what I think is, the photo has problems with horizon (I think, CCW), contrast and exposure.

Comment

An explanation of the rejection reasons can be found here. Maybe give it a read and come back with any specific questions

Comment

Hi,

The photo looks soft which means that the photo requires additional editing to make the photo sharper. The best to understand is by looking at any writing on the aircraft, does it look fuzzy/fury? This is a good sign that the photo is soft.

I have sharpened the image from what you have uploaded. compare it to the one you have and you will see a difference. I hope this helps.
        Rejected:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	JPedit_1.jpg
Views:	881
Size:	745.2 KB
ID:	1105131
        Edited:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	JPedit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	838.3 KB ID:	1105130

Comment

Understood, Thank you.

Comment

I've been rejected because of unsharpened. I threw it into photoshop made it a little more sharpened, didn't know you could do that but I did.
            I submitted a rejection appeal told them that I'll sharpen the photo in photoshop and they said Admin Comments >> "Sounds great, please do."
            I've done the edit to the photo I just don't know how to reach out to them and send it. I as well do not know how to upload the JPEG file to them.

Comment

I've been rejected because of unsharpened. I threw it into photoshop made it a little more sharpened, didn't know you could do that but I did.
              I submitted a rejection appeal told them that I'll sharpen the photo in photoshop and they said Admin Comments >> "Sounds great, please do."
              I've done the edit to the photo I just don't know how to reach out to them and send it. I as well do not know how to upload the JPEG file to them.
              The appeal function is more if you disagree with the outcome of your pictures rejection so hence you appeal the decision. If you fix the image you need to resubmit it to the regular queue and wait for it to be screened again.

Comment

Photos can be uploaded on this page:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Please also read here when you get the chance:

I've moved this thread, but please post any future editing/rejection questions in the same thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Coughran View Post

Hi,

The photo looks soft which means that the photo requires additional editing to make the photo sharper. The best to understand is by looking at any writing on the aircraft, does it look fuzzy/fury? This is a good sign that the photo is soft.

I have sharpened the image from what you have uploaded. compare it to the one you have and you will see a difference. I hope this helps.
                  Rejected:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	JPedit_1.jpg
Views:	881
Size:	745.2 KB
ID:	1105131
                  Edited:
                  Click image for larger version Name:	JPedit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	838.3 KB ID:	1105130
                  Just wanted to ask would this work is the aircraft cut off?

Comment

Just wanted to ask would this work is the aircraft cut off?
                    This would be (should have been) rejected for cut off and horizon as well.

Comment

I'm looking for advice on what to do to get this photo of a Blue Angles Super Hornet accepted if at all. I firstly submitted this photo and got it rejected for the following reasons in the title. I've since played with the exposure to get it brighter (uploaded two photos below). They said bad info, since this was my first time uploading millitary aircraft I would like to know what to put. In additon they said Vignetting not allowed when I edited the photo in lightroom I never touched it. I did read the photo rules.

-Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm looking for advice on what to do to get this photo of a Blue Angles Super Hornet accepted if at all. I firstly submitted this photo and got it rejected for the following reasons in the title. I've since played with the exposure to get it brighter (uploaded two photos below). They said bad info, since this was my first time uploading millitary aircraft I would like to know what to put. In additon they said Vignetting not allowed when I edited the photo in lightroom I never touched it. I did read the photo rules.

-Thanks
                        Image is still soft. Vignetting from your camera lens, not added from editing. You'll need to remove or avoid it, since it's seen as a quality flaw (like softness). Military or not, you will need to include the registration of any aircraft you upload, or it will be automatically rejected. The vignetting could likely be fixed, not sure about the softness, as there's already a fair amount of noise visible, and more sharpening will only increase that.

Comment

How do I find the millitary registeration number?

Comment

Would this picture be slightly better?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Would this picture be slightly better?
                              Image is very soft, lacks contrast, is somewhat noisy, and needs a tighter crop. At least one dust spot is visible. I do not think the quality is there, but if you wish to continue spending time trying to edit it, that's your decision to make.

American military aircraft all display their serial # somewhere on the aircraft; you will need to locate that and upload with that info.

Comment

Working...
                              X