X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by iiEddieLostic View Post
    May I please geet these pre-screened please and thank you.

Borderline dark/harsh contrast, and some dust spots.

Leave a comment:

• iiEddieLostic
    replied
    May I please geet these pre-screened please and thank you.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    May I get these pre-screened please.
    Borderline soft/contrast for most of them.

Leave a comment:

• iiEddieLostic
    replied
    May I get these pre-screened please.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

I understand now, and by quality what specifically does it mean by 'the quality is not there' or similar to that?
    Could be a variety of criteria, but usually related to lighting/sharpness.

Leave a comment:

• iiEddieLostic
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

At the distance you normally are from the subject, focusing point shouldn't matter here. Unlikely that had any effect on the 'quality' of your images, as they would appear out of focus were that the case. Sweet spot means aperture-focal length combination.
    I understand now, and by quality what specifically does it mean by 'the quality is not there' or similar to that?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

I usually shoot aperature priority F8-F10. What AF points do you use or does that not effect image quality in regards to JP... Only reason I'm asking is that day I did switch to a different AF selection mode which may have caused the decrease in quality, maybe? I also used exposure compensation, for the white aircraft is that not ok?

For the 'sweet spot' I'm assuming you mean the aperature?
    At the distance you normally are from the subject, focusing point shouldn't matter here. Unlikely that had any effect on the 'quality' of your images, as they would appear out of focus were that the case. Sweet spot means aperture-focal length combination.

Leave a comment:

• Cameron Roberts
    replied

I usually shoot aperature priority F8-F10. What AF points do you use or does that not effect image quality in regards to JP... Only reason I'm asking is that day I did switch to a different AF selection mode which may have caused the decrease in quality, maybe? I also used exposure compensation, for the white aircraft is that not ok?

Hi, the best autofocus point mode is the 1 autofocus point mode.

Leave a comment:

• iiEddieLostic
    replied

I shoot in Aperture-priority mode 90% of the time unless the light is tricky and I know the camera might be fooled, in which case I'll use Manual more.

For panning (in low light), anything over 200-300mm I'll make sure I'll have extra stabilization, which for me means gimbal head on a tripod. Without that, the ratio of acceptable images plummets.

For equipment, most lenses will have a 'sweet spot' where they'll perform best, so you just need to find where that is for yours.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Panning techniques, what mode do you shoot in (ex: aperature priority, shutter priority, etc.), what focus mode do you use when shooting Nikon cameras assuming you use one... Aditionally if you can name things you think that could help me make my 'quality' better from what has already been shown from the two raw files.
    I also agree that the equiptment may be an issue, but I think it may be duable. I'm using a 70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6. Any input regarding 'skill/technique' that could help me achieve a higher level of quality to that seen in JP, would be greatly appreciated.
    I shoot in Aperture-priority mode 90% of the time unless the light is tricky and I know the camera might be fooled, in which case I'll use Manual more.

For panning (in low light), anything over 200-300mm I'll make sure I'll have extra stabilization, which for me means gimbal head on a tripod. Without that, the ratio of acceptable images plummets.

For equipment, most lenses will have a 'sweet spot' where they'll perform best, so you just need to find where that is for yours.

Leave a comment:

• iiEddieLostic
    replied

Can you be more specific?
    Panning techniques, what mode do you shoot in (ex: aperature priority, shutter priority, etc.), what focus mode do you use when shooting Nikon cameras assuming you use one... Aditionally if you can name things you think that could help me make my 'quality' better from what has already been shown from the two raw files.
    I also agree that the equiptment may be an issue, but I think it may be duable. I'm using a 70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6. Any input regarding 'skill/technique' that could help me achieve a higher level of quality to that seen in JP, would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

I see, do you have any particular tips or tricks you've discovered in the process that you might be willing to share?
    Can you be more specific?

Leave a comment:

• iiEddieLostic
    replied

I'm sure there are some tutorials online/Youtube, but mostly I've learned through trial and error myself.
    I see, do you have any particular tips or tricks you've discovered in the process that you might be willing to share?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Ok, thank you for this knowledge. I referred to the guide on the settings on the forum, but are there any other references you would recommend for this?
    I'm sure there are some tutorials online/Youtube, but mostly I've learned through trial and error myself.

Leave a comment:

• iiEddieLostic
    replied

Yes, and knowing how to use the camera properly
    Ok, thank you for this knowledge. I referred to the guide on the settings on the forum, but are there any other references you would recommend for this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X