Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo rejected for bad contrast and bad info with no further clarification. Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Thank you, could you elaborate on what you mean by over-processed? What specifically makes it look that way?
    Editing halos.

what about this one?
    Soft and low contrast.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    Thank you, could you elaborate on what you mean by over-processed? What specifically makes it look that way?

what about this one?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

need pre-screening advice on these (aside from the dust spots, will remove before uploading)

The last two aren’t great quality and not a particularly appealing angle but would be new registrations to JP.
    1. centering, dirty, noisy
    2. contrast, overprocessed
    3-4. soft, noisy, contrast. not fixable.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    Hello,

need pre-screening advice on these (aside from the dust spots, will remove before uploading)

The last two aren’t great quality and not a particularly appealing angle but would be new registrations to JP.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I assume it’s better to ignore it and only focus on the body?
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    Thanks. I’m centering taking the helicopter rotor blade into account, I assume it’s better to ignore it and only focus on the body?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Need pre-screening advice on these, both new registrations. Thanks
    Sharpness seems to be more of an issue after converting to 1280p, should I oversharpen photos at full size?
    Sharpening doesn't seem to be an issue; dust spots and centering (too low) are, however.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    Need pre-screening advice on these, both new registrations. Thanks
    Sharpness seems to be more of an issue after converting to 1280p, should I oversharpen photos at full size?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Do you know what could cause the compression on the last photo? It is taken with the same camera as all my other photos except the window views and edited the same way and it didn’t seem to be an issue before.
    I'm going to guess this was a pretty significant crop, which makes any such issues much more obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    Thank you. If you are referring to the 24 hour rule that’s my bad, it appears my time zone on here is set incorrectly so it shows my previous message as 23:07 (which is in gmt not gmt+2) so I thought I had sent it at 23 rather than 01. Sorry about that.

Do you know what could cause the compression on the last photo? It is taken with the same camera as all my other photos except the window views and edited the same way and it didn’t seem to be an issue before.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Got my first photo accepted after editing taking your comments on my other photos into account! Thanks https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9983642

I have some more here for pre-screening:
    1. Motive (runway of Cairo Intl) and if reflections from the window are an issue. Not editing related but I also seem to have lost the registration so would appreciate if someone with access can look it up for me, it’s MS887 Cairo>Douala on 9 October 2020.
    2. Acceptable with potential tighter crop?
    3. Horizon? The antenna and top of building are level, but it looks like it is tilted right.
    4. Is this too soft and low contrast? I don’t think it can be sharpened further.
    5. Acceptable? Would be the first photo of this registration.

I’m also wondering if it is allowed to blur the faces of people in a photo (eg. non consenting pilots) as a similar exception that allows license plates to be blurred or would such photos be rejected for image manipulation.

cheers
    Will ask you one more time to please read here very carefully:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Will answer your post this time, but if you continue to neglect our requests, any future posts may simply be ignored.

1. contrast, horizon, compression, window glare, cropping/ratio.
    2. contrast, centering, overprocessed, dirty, too far, noisy
    3. horizon, compression, window glare, noise
    4-5. soft/blurry, noisy, compression

Most, if not all of these do not appear fixable.

Blurring faces is considered manipulation and not allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    Got my first photo accepted after editing taking your comments on my other photos into account! Thanks https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9983642

I have some more here for pre-screening:
    1. Motive (runway of Cairo Intl) and if reflections from the window are an issue. Not editing related but I also seem to have lost the registration so would appreciate if someone with access can look it up for me, it’s MS887 Cairo>Douala on 9 October 2020.
    2. Acceptable with potential tighter crop?
    3. Horizon? The antenna and top of building are level, but it looks like it is tilted right.
    4. Is this too soft and low contrast? I don’t think it can be sharpened further.
    5. Acceptable? Would be the first photo of this registration.

I’m also wondering if it is allowed to blur the faces of people in a photo (eg. non consenting pilots) as a similar exception that allows license plates to be blurred or would such photos be rejected for image manipulation.

cheers
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Yeah, makes sense about the lighting. Thanks for your help =)

Is this better for #5?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage 16.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	707.1 KB
ID:	1105293
    Still poor contrast and a bit soft/blurry, now with more noise. Not sure if it will end up being fixable.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    Yeah, makes sense about the lighting. Thanks for your help =)

Is this better for #5?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage 16.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	707.1 KB
ID:	1105293

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I’ve shared a few of the photos I like below and was wondering whether you think some of them can be added to the database and if so what changes need to be made. I know I’m supposed to get into details but I just want some broad guidelines at first and then hopefully I’ll be able to identify potential issues on my own. Very new to this as you can tell so please bear with me

The helicopter would be the first photo of this aircraft on JP if it makes a difference. I’m also wondering if most people find the underside shots unappealing, I personally think it’s an interesting perspective that isn’t commonly seen.
    1. soft, dark/contrast, backlit, overprocessed
    2. soft, contrast, backlit, noisy
    3. soft, backlit, noisy
    4. soft/blurry, dark/contrast, backlit, noisy
    5. soft,, contrast, color (yellow too strong)

Only #5 could possibly be fixed with a better edit. The others have no chance, sorry.

As for underside shots, yes they are generally considered unappealing by most (including me), but that doesn't necessarily mean they would be rejected for that. The problem with such shots is the light tends to be poor as that part of the aircraft is almost always in shadow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X