sharksfan166269 - prescreening/Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharksfan166269 View Post
    Would also really appreciate a screen on these - also, assuming there are issues here, do you think they could be fixed?
    Would be rejected for soft/blurry, color (visible purple fringing), and overprocessed (editing halos).

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Would be rejected for soft/blurry, color (visible purple fringing), and overprocessed (editing halos).
      Do you know how to reduce/remove the purple fringing? I've noticed this a lot in most of my photos and I've managed to get rid of most of it in Photoshop, but still appears.

Comment

Do you know how to reduce/remove the purple fringing? I've noticed this a lot in most of my photos and I've managed to get rid of most of it in Photoshop, but still appears.
        Simple (least palatable) answer: get a better lens. More nuanced, practical answer: realize the limitations of the lens you have and which situations will cause it more, and avoid such situations as much as possible. Then, yes, use software to get rid of whatever PF/CA does occur.

Comment

Yep, just learned that at 300mm, this lens is quite prone to chromatic aberration and not being too sharp, so I've tried to shoot not wide open (f/8 - 9), as well as at the fastest shutter speed - 1/4000 to try increase sharpness and decrease CA. Not too sure it worked, but would appreciate a screen on these.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yep, just learned that at 300mm, this lens is quite prone to chromatic aberration and not being too sharp, so I've tried to shoot not wide open (f/8 - 9), as well as at the fastest shutter speed - 1/4000 to try increase sharpness and decrease CA. Not too sure it worked, but would appreciate a screen on these.
            Soft, and somewhat noisy/overprocessed.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback, I've reduced the noise and sharpened the aircraft a little more - are these any better?
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your feedback, I've reduced the noise and sharpened the aircraft a little more - are these any better?
                Sharpening is better, but they have a slight plastic like look, as if you tried to reduce noise too much.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Sharpening is better, but they have a slight plastic like look, as if you tried to reduce noise too much.
                  I accidentally reduced noise slightly when sharpening, I went back and redid that without the noise reduction - these should be better hopefully
                  Attached Files

Comment

I accidentally reduced noise slightly when sharpening, I went back and redid that without the noise reduction - these should be better hopefully
                    Dust spots, editing halos, and compression is visible. Should be fixable.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I've gone back and re-edited, this time without touching highlights or shadows as well as making sure I exported in the highest quality, hopefully I've managed to avoid editing halos here.

I also wanted to ask, if I was to quickly upload an image and check the image with the "check for dust" tool, would that be a good way to also check for editing halos?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I would appreciate if I could get a pre-screen on this image -
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I've gone back and re-edited
                          1. noisy, borderline oversharpened
                          2. soft, compression
                          4. noisy, overprocessed

3. noisy, overprocessed, borderline manipulation - bad masking job of the sky (see the area between the wing and fuselage which has been edited differently than the rest of the sk). This could be considered 'sky replacement' by some and get you a warning/ban if repeated. Be very careful with this type of editing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_37691.jpg Views:	0 Size:	400.3 KB ID:	1107572

I also wanted to ask, if I was to quickly upload an image and check the image with the "check for dust" tool, would that be a good way to also check for editing halos?
                          It would.

Hello, I would appreciate if I could get a pre-screen on this image -
                          Overprocessed.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

3. noisy, overprocessed, borderline manipulation - bad masking job of the sky (see the area between the wing and fuselage which has been edited differently than the rest of the sk). This could be considered 'sky replacement' by some and get you a warning/ban if repeated. Be very careful with this type of editing.

Overprocessed.
                            Thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to clarify - if I was to select a certain area, like I (sloppily) selected just the sky here, and applied a filter, like sharpening, or de-noise as I did in #3, would that count as sky replacement or manipulation? I ask since I have seen tutorials/advice online where some have selected just the plane and sharpened, and I've mistakenly gone ahead and assumed de-noise would be okay. Apologies if it's not.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to clarify - if I was to select a certain area, like I (sloppily) selected just the sky here, and applied a filter, like sharpening, or de-noise as I did in #3, would that count as sky replacement or manipulation? I ask since I have seen tutorials/advice online where some have selected just the plane and sharpened, and I've mistakenly gone ahead and assumed de-noise would be okay. Apologies if it's not.
                              Sharpening and noise reduction is allowed, but like I said, you would need to be very careful about it, because if you do a really sloppy job, others might see it as something that in this case I can see is not (sky replacement). If that happens, you could face repercussions, so it's your decision to make. Personally, I never 'select just the sky', and thus never have to worry about this kind of thing

Comment

Once again, thank you. I'll try stay away from that, definitely don't want to get in any trouble here.

I've also re-edited another picture of N931WN, would appreciate a pre-screen on this. I've made sure to not touch highlights shadows, vibrance, or clarity, as well as checking the image with the "check for dust" tool, hopefully no overproccesing editing halos
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X