Prescreening request / editing advice - Kuba Kawczynski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening request / editing advice - Kuba Kawczynski

Hi, today I got my two winter photos rejected for poor contrast. Since I have no experience with photos in snowy scenery (and I think this affects the histogram and hence the perception of contrast), I wanted to ask about these two pictures (they have much more contrast than the two rejected ones) - is the contrast in these two sufficient or if not, is there anything I can do to them to get them accepted?
    Thanks,
    Kuba
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8272.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	824.8 KB
ID:	1106797Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8484.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	553.0 KB
ID:	1106799
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kubasamolot View Post
    Hi, today I got my two winter photos rejected for poor contrast. Since I have no experience with photos in snowy scenery (and I think this affects the histogram and hence the perception of contrast), I wanted to ask about these two pictures (they have much more contrast than the two rejected ones) - is the contrast in these two sufficient or if not, is there anything I can do to them to get them accepted?
    Thanks,
    Kuba
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8272.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	824.8 KB
ID:	1106797Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8484.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	553.0 KB
ID:	1106799
    It's not the snow that's causing the problems, it's the overcast/very cloudy sky. Your results would have been no better if there hadn't been any snow on the ground. Not much you can do about that, I'm afraid.

Comment

Hello, I have another question about a photo with snow - my concerns are about contrast (I think it might be a bit too low, but on the other hand the engines seem a bit dark) and if the photo is not too dark (but then when I add exposure to it, the shadows go up as well). I think the situation is a bit better than with the previous pictures as the light was better.
      Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kubasamolot View Post
        Hello, I have another question about a photo with snow - my concerns are about contrast (I think it might be a bit too low, but on the other hand the engines seem a bit dark) and if the photo is not too dark (but then when I add exposure to it, the shadows go up as well). I think the situation is a bit better than with the previous pictures as the light was better.
        Thanks!
        Yes, contrast is poor in this one as well. Harsh shadows + dull (overcast) light is not the best combination.

Comment

Working...
        X