Prescreening request / editing advice - Kuba Kawczynski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening request / editing advice - Kuba Kawczynski

Hi, today I got my two winter photos rejected for poor contrast. Since I have no experience with photos in snowy scenery (and I think this affects the histogram and hence the perception of contrast), I wanted to ask about these two pictures (they have much more contrast than the two rejected ones) - is the contrast in these two sufficient or if not, is there anything I can do to them to get them accepted?
    Thanks,
    Kuba
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8272.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	824.8 KB
ID:	1106797Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8484.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	553.0 KB
ID:	1106799
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kubasamolot View Post
    Hi, today I got my two winter photos rejected for poor contrast. Since I have no experience with photos in snowy scenery (and I think this affects the histogram and hence the perception of contrast), I wanted to ask about these two pictures (they have much more contrast than the two rejected ones) - is the contrast in these two sufficient or if not, is there anything I can do to them to get them accepted?
    Thanks,
    Kuba

Name:	IMG_8272.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	824.8 KB
ID:	1106797Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8484.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	553.0 KB
ID:	1106799
    It's not the snow that's causing the problems, it's the overcast/very cloudy sky. Your results would have been no better if there hadn't been any snow on the ground. Not much you can do about that, I'm afraid.

Comment

Hello, I have another question about a photo with snow - my concerns are about contrast (I think it might be a bit too low, but on the other hand the engines seem a bit dark) and if the photo is not too dark (but then when I add exposure to it, the shadows go up as well). I think the situation is a bit better than with the previous pictures as the light was better.
      Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I have another question about a photo with snow - my concerns are about contrast (I think it might be a bit too low, but on the other hand the engines seem a bit dark) and if the photo is not too dark (but then when I add exposure to it, the shadows go up as well). I think the situation is a bit better than with the previous pictures as the light was better.
        Thanks!
        Yes, contrast is poor in this one as well. Harsh shadows + dull (overcast) light is not the best combination.

Comment

Hello,
          I would like to ask for opinion on these shots - is the contrast and sharpness ok on all of them?
          Also, I got the taxiing LH A319 rejected some time ago for too little contrast (as I look at it now I absolutely agree with the rejection) but I corrected that and I'd like to know what you think about it now. Also, I'm not sure if the horizon is level on this one because there is little point of reference in the background.
          Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
            I would like to ask for opinion on these shots - is the contrast and sharpness ok on all of them?
            Also, I got the taxiing LH A319 rejected some time ago for too little contrast (as I look at it now I absolutely agree with the rejection) but I corrected that and I'd like to know what you think about it now. Also, I'm not sure if the horizon is level on this one because there is little point of reference in the background.
            Thanks
            1) contrast
            2) contrast, soft
            3) OK
            4) soft, borderline underexposed
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hello,
              Thanks
              1. soft/blurry, contrast, vignetting, dirty
              2. soft, contrast
              3. window reflection/glare
              4. contrast

Comment

Hello, I would like to ask for a review of these three photos.
                Sevenair Dornier: I got this shot rejected some time ago for dust spots but I can't really locate them on the photo after equalising it, could you please tell me if they actually are there and if so, where?
                Emirates Year of Zayed: Is the contrast and sharpness ok?
                Asiana A350: How does it look like in terms of vignetting and editing halos (especially next to the Raccoon mask, I tried to remove the halo as much as I could but I don't know if it looks that well)
                Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I would like to ask for a review of these three photos.
                  Sevenair Dornier: I got this shot rejected some time ago for dust spots but I can't really locate them on the photo after equalising it, could you please tell me if they actually are there and if so, where?
                  Emirates Year of Zayed: Is the contrast and sharpness ok?
                  Asiana A350: How does it look like in terms of vignetting and editing halos (especially next to the Raccoon mask, I tried to remove the halo as much as I could but I don't know if it looks that well)
                  Thanks!
                  1. yes dust spots:

Name:	image_38097.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	531.5 KB
ID:	1108912

2. oversharpened, dark/contrast
                  3. backlit/contrast

Comment

Hello, I'm not certain about sharpness in this photo, could you please tell me if it's okay or not?
                    Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I'm not certain about sharpness in this photo, could you please tell me if it's okay or not?
                      Thanks
                      Sharpness would be ok for me.

Comment

Hello, I would like to upload this photo and I am wondering if it would be rejected for being similar to another image I have uploaded previously.
                        The angle in this photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9887176) is almost the same and the photos were taken at the same airport (EPWA) but the background is completely different and I think the snow makes it a slightly different photo.
                        I also have uploaded a shot of the same plane from the same day (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10046399) but since the angle is completely different, I think it should not be a problem, correct me please if I'm wrong.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I would like to upload this photo and I am wondering if it would be rejected for being similar to another image I have uploaded previously.
                          The angle in this photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9887176) is almost the same and the photos were taken at the same airport (EPWA) but the background is completely different and I think the snow makes it a slightly different photo.
                          I also have uploaded a shot of the same plane from the same day (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10046399) but since the angle is completely different, I think it should not be a problem, correct me please if I'm wrong.
                          Not similar.

Comment

Hello, I would like to request feedback about this photo in terms of vignetting. It is quite a big problem with the lens I have, even at F8 the vignette is far larger than what the Lr profile can remove automatically. I did my best trying to get rid of it here but would this picture in its current state be acceptable for JP or do I have to work on it even more? Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I would like to request feedback about this photo in terms of vignetting. It is quite a big problem with the lens I have, even at F8 the vignette is far larger than what the Lr profile can remove automatically. I did my best trying to get rid of it here but would this picture in its current state be acceptable for JP or do I have to work on it even more? Thanks
                              Vignetting does not seem to be an issue, though the color could very well be.

Comment

Working...
                              X