Prescreening request / editing advice - Kuba Kawczynski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Vignetting does not seem to be an issue, though the color could very well be.
    Eh, okay, that surprised me a bit honestly as the photo looks exactly like the real frame looked like when I was taking it - the sky was very dull and grey but I think it contrasts well with the plane so... what can I correct to make it acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by kubasamolot View Post

Eh, okay, that surprised me a bit honestly as the photo looks exactly like the real frame looked like when I was taking it - the sky was very dull and grey but I think it contrasts well with the plane so... what can I correct to make it acceptable?
      Check the whitebalance. Seems a bit warm.

Comment

Hello, I'd like to ask for advice about horizon in these three photos (I know they are pretty similar but each of them has a slightly different background so the points of reference when leveling the horizon are different). I'd also appreciate some feedback on the contrast in the second one (SF) - I'm not exactly sure how to deal with this light. I also hope sharpness is not an issue in any of the photos as I'd like to upload them in 1920px. I know there is slight vignetting and some dust spots, I'll deal with that when uploading them to the queue.

Thanks,
        Kuba

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3625.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	1114366Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3390.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1114367Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3532.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1114368

Comment

Hello, I'd like to ask for advice about horizon in these three photos (I know they are pretty similar but each of them has a slightly different background so the points of reference when leveling the horizon are different). I'd also appreciate some feedback on the contrast in the second one (SF) - I'm not exactly sure how to deal with this light. I also hope sharpness is not an issue in any of the photos as I'd like to upload them in 1920px. I know there is slight vignetting and some dust spots, I'll deal with that when uploading them to the queue.
          Horizon and sharpness look acceptable to me.

Comment

Horizon and sharpness look acceptable to me.
            thanks

Comment

Hi, I just got this photo rejected (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9896930) with a comment saying "horizontal bands on sky". What does this mean and where is the jpeg compression visible in the photo?

Comment

Hi, I just got this photo rejected (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9896930) with a comment saying "horizontal bands on sky". What does this mean and where is the jpeg compression visible in the photo?
                Yes, there is banding visible as mentioned.

Comment

Yes, there is banding visible as mentioned.
                  Well I figured that out and I'm not arguing with that, that's why I'm here and not appealing the rejection but my question was what banding was.

Comment

Well I figured that out and I'm not arguing with that, that's why I'm here and not appealing the rejection but my question was what banding was.
                    Either from compression, or some after effect of the editing you did; if I had to guess probably the latter. Try a fresh edit from the raw file with fewer filters applied.

Comment

Working...
                    X